Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich, love it! my markings are all shriveled up like the plastic wrap on last weeks chicken in the fridge.

Bellke, keep looking there is a wire for it (looks just like the other light leads). lights is where my blue box stared to fail, blinking white went out, then the one next to it in the blue box then LG started to get intermittent.

Joe
    Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
      Rich, love it! my markings are all shriveled up like the plastic wrap on last weeks chicken in the fridge.

Bellke, keep looking there is a wire for it (looks just like the other light leads). lights is where my blue box stared to fail, blinking white went out, then the one next to it in the blue box then LG started to get intermittent.

Joe
      Thanks Joe.
      The only issue I am having now with my Spitfire is the hot sun at the airshow caused some gatoring on the tail. I am using some Foamtac filler to fix the surface. Also, I used Cail graphics and they still look great.

You can fix the LED issues using one of the other jet LED replacement sets. I replaced my Red LED in the wing using parts from the kit linked below

Rich

Comment

• sorry, my led,s work fine. its the positions in the blue box that don't work. I moved the ailerons flaps and gear to y harnesses after the first light went out. that left me with lots of open slots in the blue box for lights, just the one on top does not blink anymore.

Joe
        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
          sorry, my led,s work fine. its the positions in the blue box that don't work. I moved the ailerons flaps and gear to y harnesses after the first light went out. that left me with lots of open slots in the blue box for lights, just the one on top does not blink anymore.

Joe
          Make sure you use only the LED light terminals on the blue box otherwise you can burn out the LEDs. They will not take 4-5volts

Rich

Comment

• INTERESTING, i'll have to check cause I have two light sockets that are burned out, so I 'll have to check and see if those leds are still working.

Joe

Comment

• The LEDs are 3v and there is a tiny resistor in the MCB that reduces the BECs 5V down to 3V.

Comment

• Flew the Spitfire for the first time yesterday. What a great flying airplane. No issues and looks great in the air. Ground handling is very predictable, and landings are no problem. The flaps are very effective. Great job on this one Flightline.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post
                  Flew the Spitfire for the first time yesterday. What a great flying airplane.
                  JB, She's a Beauty. Bravo Zulu, Sir and in case I had forgotten to say it, "Welcome to the Squawk." Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Flew the Spitfire for the first time yesterday. What a great flying airplane. No issues and looks great in the air. Ground handling is very predictable, and landings are no problem. The flaps are very effective. Great job on this one Flightline.
                    Welcome J B. Nice plane and beautiful field! Good flying!

Comment

• Great to hear, another satisfied Spitfire owner!

Welcome to the Squawk J.B.!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks guys! I put two more flights on the Spitfire yesterday and really got it dialed in. I keep increasing the flight time, last flight was 8 minutes and still landed with battery left on the 6s 5000mah. Very impressed with the Spitfire!

Comment

Flew the Spitfire for the first time yesterday. What a great flying airplane. No issues and looks great in the air. Ground handling is very predictable, and landings are no problem. The flaps are very effective. Great job on this one Flightline.
                          Congratulations on your flights. I agree this is a very nice flying aircraft!
                          Rich

Comment

• It'd been a while since I'd flown my Spit. over the last 2 weekends, I've put it up probably 8 or 9 times. I'd forgotten what a fantastic aircraft this Spit is. She takes off, flies, and lands so easily. Two wheel landings are so easy with throttle management. Every time I flew her, it seemed that everyone in the pits stopped what they were doing to watch. She's an absolute dream to fly.
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• Mine has been hanging in the basement since last year. Just haven’t had that much time this summer. I think I am going to get it down and put a sound system in it. Anyone here put the new MR RCsound 4.1 in it? Thinking 2 speakers? The new version looks nice and fairly simple to use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogietrim View Post
                                Mine has been hanging in the basement since last year. Just haven’t had that much time this summer. I think I am going to get it down and put a sound system in it. Anyone here put the new MR RCsound 4.1 in it? Thinking 2 speakers? The new version looks nice and fairly simple to use.
                                I put the older 4.1 plus 2 speakers in mine and absolutely love it. The Aspire was a little larger so I went with the 4.1. The sound is outstanding, everyone gets a kick out of it at the field. I have the system (both the Aspire & 4.1) in 8 of my planes and love it. The double wasp in the Corsair sounds the best.

I had to mount the board upside down just aft of the battery hatch opening and the 2 transducers just forward of that, behind the battery tray. I also recommend that you put some heat sinks on the transducers. I used to fry the speakers (especially with the Aspire board and the double wasp sound-which is the loudest) before I started installing the heat sinks. Since then, no problems.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I put the older 4.1 plus 2 speakers in mine and absolutely love it. The Aspire was a little larger so I went with the 4.1. The sound is outstanding, everyone gets a kick out of it at the field. I have the system (both the Aspire & 4.1) in 8 of my planes and love it. The double wasp in the Corsair sounds the best.

I had to mount the board upside down just aft of the battery hatch opening and the 2 transducers just forward of that, behind the battery tray. I also recommend that you put some heat sinks on the transducers. I used to fry the speakers (especially with the Aspire board and the double wasp sound-which is the loudest) before I started installing the heat sinks. Since then, no problems.
                                  Thanks for that info. I appreciate it. What are you using for heat sinks?

Comment

• I also have the old system but with one transducer aft of the cockpit...

Comment

Howdy! I found the ones I used on Amazon. Can’t recall the exact size. Helps the heat dissipation tremendously!

Comment

Yup, Hardway is right on, as usual. I also got them on Amazon, got several sizes to use on different planes, all approximately 20mm square to fit on the transducers, difference is in the "height" of the fins, some 6mm, some 4, depending on the available space. Some sold through Gadgeter-Aluminum Heatsinks, others sold by Top-Star called BNTECH60 Aluminum heat sinks, but all available through Amazon. They really help, just make sure your servo wires do not come into contact with them, or it will make a real nasty sound (with some accompanying swearing).

Attached are a couple photos of the ones in my Spitfire. Board is upside down, aft of the battery tray. The numbers above it are my throttle trim settings on this plane so the sound system comes on when I disengage (turn on) my throttle cut switch and the prop blades just barely turn. When I turn the throttle cut switch off, the sound shuts down. That way, if I drop the throttle all the way (during landing or in flight), the sound stays on. It only starts or stops with my throttle cut switch. I plug in my battery with my trim at 0, do my pre-flight check, then drop the throttle trim to -66 (with the Spitty-each plane and ESC is a little different). Then I plug in the sound system. I then put my throttle cut switch off (you need to also program the value on the transmitter of what number to cut the throttle to-say -110%, and the -66 trim needs to be close in absolute value to the throttle cut point so the control board doesn't "think" you are advancing the throttle) and then I increase my throttle trim to +30 (the point at which the prop just barely begins turning). Now when I "turn on the prop" with the on switch, the sound starts up. I can taxi on the runway and drop my throttle all the way down without the sound shutting off and having to recycle back on. The sound doesn't turn off until I flip the switch. Sorry if this is TMI, but thought someone might find this useful as I got tired of the system starting and stopping multiple times while taxiing and even flying.

I also had to put some re-enforcement and carbon fiber tubes all along the battery tray area as this was a weak point in the fuselage with a lot of weight forward of it including the battery and motor. This was added after about 20 flights, when the fuselage began to crack vertically (maybe because of some hard early landings). Since then, maybe 60 or more flights, all is well in Whoville.
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                          Yup, all is well in Whoville.
                                          Hugh, Great info! And BTW, I am pleased to read all is good. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X