X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    I'm ready to install some red motors in my Abrams and Challenger. Motion is OOS. Can anyone recommend a reliable seller of real 390's? TIA.
    Bob Toucan is your best bet.

Even with the "fakes" they do work as long as you don't go over 8.4v (2s LiPo). After that its a crap shoot as to if they will burn up.

One option are the Taigen blk 390s. These have slightly less torque but slightly higher RPMs. I switched over to the Taigen a while ago.

And another option is going with blue HL or black Taigen 380s and bumping up the battery to a 3s Lipos and run the tanks in low power mode which is only 70% max voltage and then switch to high power mode when speed and power is needs. In high power at 12v (3s LiPo) the 380s will run equal to 390s at 8v. They just get hot fast and it should not be run for long periods at max hp throttle.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
      I'm ready to install some red motors in my Abrams and Challenger. Motion is OOS. Can anyone recommend a reliable seller of real 390's? TIA.
      I have 3 pairs of red390 motors from ToucanHobby. They all run well at cool temperatures. (Yes, I have heard horror story about Toucan red390. But I luck out.) Toucan has good customer service so you are covered. You just need to test it before installation.

I have one pair of MxFans 390 on my Leopard 2A6. It runs slightly faster than the HL red and about 3 degrees warmer than the red390. Very smooth running motor.

Mubachi does not make 390 motors which is a 380 derivative with a inside case cooling fan so all 390 motors are knock-offs. I like the Tamiya380 which is a genuine Mubachi that uses better quality bearings and higher quality control.

Comment

• Are the red admiral 390 motors and the red HL 390 motors the same thing? I ordered 5 sets of the admiral 390 motors from Motin RC and wanted to find out more about them before I ordered more. I put the first set in a HL tiger 1 and was quite impressed how easy they were to install and how much quieter the tank ran.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milspec1 View Post
          Are the red admiral 390 motors and the red HL 390 motors the same thing? I ordered 5 sets of the admiral 390 motors from Motin RC and wanted to find out more about them before I ordered more. I put the first set in a HL tiger 1 and was quite impressed how easy they were to install and how much quieter the tank ran.
          Assuming you are using the stock HL control system.

You will be fine with either 390 motor as long as you stay with a battery of under 9 volts. So 2 cell LiPo, Li-Ion or 7 cell NiMh.

Running over 9 volts on the "high power" setting will hugely improve performance but also heat the motors rather quickly. Running them on "low power" will not. You can shift to HP when extra power is needed and then shift back when it is not. In doing this you should not have any heating issues.

HP (high power)setting = 100% of available voltage
          LP (low power) setting = 70% of available voltage

Hopefully not to confusing.

Comment

• OK good. Also I read in the reviews on motion rcs website that these motors won't fit Shermans, are there any others they won't fit in?

Comment

• OK good. Also I read in the reviews on motion rcs website that these motors won't fit Shermans, are there any others they won't fit in?

Comment

OK good. Also I read in the reviews on motion rcs website that these motors won't fit Shermans, are there any others they won't fit in?
                Sherman and Panzers don't fit 390s, but neither need 390s. A few others tanks have tight fits that take a little squeezing to fit them.

390s are especially helpful in longer hull tanks like the Abrams and Leopard 2 or with tanks that have very wide metal tracks. Kinda like the King Tiger or KV1/2.

Comment

OK good. Also I read in the reviews on motion rcs website that these motors won't fit Shermans, are there any others they won't fit in?
                  Tamiya motors fit in the shermans but now a days its not really necessary as the henglong 380 is pretty decent unlike the old days, they started with 280s and then moved to crappy 380s at the 5.0 model. Tamiya motors vastly improved operation of them.
                  RC tank parts and accessories I make
                  www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Sherman and Panzers don't fit 390s, but neither need 390s. A few others tanks have tight fits that take a little squeezing to fit them.

390s are especially helpful in longer hull tanks like the Abrams and Leopard 2 or with tanks that have very wide metal tracks. Kinda like the King Tiger or KV1/2.
                    Which Panzers? I was able to fit a pair Heng Long reds into a Panzer IV a couple of weeks ago without any significant problems aside from not having a lot of room to play with. As you say, it takes a little squeezing to fit them, however they do work and the tank drives fine after the upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamsolo View Post

Which Panzers? I was able to fit a pair Heng Long reds into a Panzer IV a couple of weeks ago without any significant problems aside from not having a lot of room to play with. As you say, it takes a little squeezing to fit them, however they do work and the tank drives fine after the upgrade.
                      That's good you were able to squeeze them in, most people can't or are unwilling to due to lack of experience. Better to list it then say it is an easy drop in for someone new to tanks.

And in the name of all things good what possessed you to put 390s in such a tiny light weight tank. That thing will blow itself apart if you open up the throttle....LOL

Comment

That's good you were able to squeeze them in, most people can't or are unwilling to due to lack of experience. Better to list it then say it is an easy drop in for someone new to tanks.

And in the name of all things good what possessed you to put 390s in such a tiny light weight tank. That thing will blow itself apart if you open up the throttle....LOL
                        LOL! Hope not! I've put a lot of work in that tank to mod and weather it!

The reason I did the motor swap is that it has a lot of metal on it now... full metal tracks, road wheels, and suspension... plus the metal gear for the turret. It's not quite so light weight anymore!

Comment

Assuming you are using the stock HL control system.

You will be fine with either 390 motor as long as you stay with a battery of under 9 volts. So 2 cell LiPo, Li-Ion or 7 cell NiMh.

Running over 9 volts on the "high power" setting will hugely improve performance but also heat the motors rather quickly. Running them on "low power" will not. You can shift to HP when extra power is needed and then shift back when it is not. In doing this you should not have any heating issues.

HP (high power)setting = 100% of available voltage
                          LP (low power) setting = 70% of available voltage

Hopefully not to confusing.

If running 3S Lipo, are the mentioned HP and LP settings something we can set on the transmitter or TK6/7 boards, or is this something controllable using the Fn1/G and control stick and we manually have to be aware of to throttle down to 70% Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmorBolt View Post

If running 3S Lipo, are the mentioned HP and LP settings something we can set on the transmitter or TK6/7 boards, or is this something controllable using the Fn1/G and control stick and we manually have to be aware of to throttle down to 70% Thanks.
                            Press and hold "G" button down while toggling the right stick "up" for HP and "down" for LP. Kinda like pushing a clutch in and shifting gear. It is that easy and fast.

In LP mode the control system automatically limits power to 70%. So a 3S Lipo at max output of ~12.1 volts would be limited to 8.4 volts of power draw.

Comment

• Is this site real oh f***** my sending

Comment

• I need a tracking number for my plane to be sent so I can see where it's at

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey ouimwt View Post
                                  I need a tracking number for my plane to be sent so I can see where it's at
                                  Wrong forum to ask that question. This is the TANK forum.

Comment

• Same answer as for a tank, log into your account at motion and click on orders.

Comment

Working...
                                    X