Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LegoDEI
    replied
    HengLong LED outputs are all at 3.3V, which is what the receiver is designed around. You can push it to 4V or so and still get decent life out of them. 6V will definitely fry them lol. The tamiya/ibu/clark version is good up to 6.5V, but you need to cross wires on the ir receiver pins.

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    Originally posted by Beeg View Post
    I figured you could turn them off since you can turn the smoker on and off. But, didn't think about the flashing. I assumed the flash function was built into the receiver unit and didn't use the MFCB flashing function...
    Do the Left/Right Turn signals flash?
    They do flash but can’t be turn off, well I at least I have not found a way to turn them off, so the IR LEDs stay on all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Beeg
    replied
    I figured you could turn them off since you can turn the smoker on and off. But, didn't think about the flashing. I assumed the flash function was built into the receiver unit and didn't use the MFCB flashing function...
    Do the Left/Right Turn signals flash?

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    Originally posted by Beeg View Post
    LegoDEI What is the maximum voltage you can use for the LED [2pin] on your HL version? Would it be safe to use the 6v "Smoke Generator" [CN12] socket?
    NO you will fry the IR receiver!!!! Also the LEDs can not be turned off and will not flash with the other lights when hit.

Leave a comment:

• Beeg
    replied
    LegoDEI What is the maximum voltage you can use for the LED [2pin] on your HL version? Would it be safe to use the 6v "Smoke Generator" [CN12] socket?

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Thanks, I suspected that Option 2 would be possible. But, I wasn't sure. Thanks for the quick answer.

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
    Which LED plug location are folks plugging into on the MFCU? On my Bulldog both 3 and 4 are being used by the headlights and tail lights.
    Option 1. Plug into the taillight slot and forgo taillights.

Option 2. Splice IR lead wires into the taillight lead wires and run concurrently with the taillights. Super easy to do. I have this set up on one of my tanks. Personally I think it is your best option. You will still need to turn off the taillights to turn off the IR hit indication LEDs.

Option 3. You can use slots 6,7 or 8. These are for the brake lights and L/R turn signals. Unfortunately I have not found a way to turn these on and off so the IR LEDs will stay lighted which is not advantageous for battling as folks will mistake this as your tank is dead or just received a hit.

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Which LED plug location are folks plugging into on the MFCU? On my Bulldog both 3 and 4 are being used by the headlights and tail lights.

Leave a comment:

• Beeg
    replied
    Originally posted by William Fraden View Post
    I recieved my Reciever with 6 individual single plugs for my Heng Long 6.0 T34 tank. What happened to the 5 pin connector? If I got the wrong connectors thenhow do I get the correct one?
    Are you talking about the LegoDEI recievers like this one?
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/7769074..._home_active_4

Leave a comment:

• William Fraden
    replied
    I recieved my Reciever with 6 individual single plugs for my Heng Long 6.0 T34 tank. What happened to the 5 pin connector? If I got the wrong connectors thenhow do I get the correct one?

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    Bump

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Downloaded and printed. Thanks!
    I have two IR units ordered. One for my Bulldog. And, I'll be ordering a Panther G as soon as they arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Vaseline
    replied
    I mention it in the thingiverse summary, but I didnt step the inside of the rectangular tube so the ears and clip things on the side of the plug have to be trimmed off in order to fit, the tolerances are pretty snug, but you might want to use a drop of CA to abuse proof it. The disk is 32mms in diameter, and its overall 28mms high. (based on rough measuring the Walker drivers hatch) but I figured it could be cut/sanded back to fit anything you care to, with 2mm pilot holes so you can screw it rather than gluing it in to make it easier to remove if you need to.

Leave a comment:

• Beeg
    replied
    Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
    I designed a universal 3D printed riser tower to set the 5 pin plug into for mounting LegoDEI's receivers in tanks with really low hatch floors/ cupolas. .STL found here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4384598
    Good stuff Vaseline. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Vaseline
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	5pin tower2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	255938 Click image for larger version

Name:	5pin tower.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	255940 I designed a universal 3D printed riser tower to set the 5 pin plug into for mounting LegoDEI's receivers in tanks with really low hatch floors/ cupolas. .STL found here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4384598

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    Bump because I have been receiving a few questions about this now that the next tank shipment is due in any day now.

Leave a comment:

• Beeg
    replied
    This is my install of the LegoDEI Heng Long compatible IR sensor in the Heng Long M4A3 Sherman.
    Many thanks to Rubicon99 for his advice on the install.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HLSherman_LegoDEI_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.9 KB ID:	250383
    Remove stock 3-pin socket and board.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HLSherman_LegoDEI_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.3 KB ID:	250384
    Remove one of the existing screw pillers and reshape the slot to fit a JST-XH, 5-pin plug.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HLSherman_LegoDEI_03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	250385
    Install the new 5pin plugs all the way in. I used CA glue to secure it. Not sure how long CA will hold
    but it's fairly easy access if I need to re-glue, use another adhesive or mechanical strap.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HLSherman_LegoDEI_04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.2 KB ID:	250386
    With the plug inserted all the way it works out to the perfect height so the sunshade just
    clears the hatch hinge. I colored two of the sockets to aid in plugging in the IR sensor correctly.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HLSherman_LegoDEI_05.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	250387
    After a little sanding and painting the new LegoDEI IR sensor almost looks like a part of the tank.
    The sunshade pictured is the 360 degree model vs the "Tamiya" quadrant style sunshade.

Leave a comment:

• LegoDEI
    replied
    Originally posted by Narly View Post
    Well, I received a LegoDEI IR receiver yesterday and here is my review: It is not prime time Plug and Play ready!! I received a nice looking "mushroom" with no instructions, no diagrams, no wiring and no connectors.
    Not quite sure what you're going at there; if you even looked at the listing you would see the wiring diagram is the 4th picture, and it is quite straight forward. Furthermore, the day I shipped your order out, I also sent you a message stating the wiring was coming in a separate package. Please don't bash on my product because you couldn't be bothered to read the instructions or your email.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	247536Click image for larger version  Name:	image_54490.jpg Views:	3 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	247537

Leave a comment:

• Beeg
    replied
    Originally posted by Narly View Post
    I bought for my HL M1A2 Abrams and as an Ol Timer who still thinks a light switch is an electronic miracle, I could either use some help or else e-bay it .....
    I''ll take it off your hands for a deep discount! You take paypal?

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    The first page of this thread has lots of information and photos showing what must be done in sequence to adapt this system to an HL tank. I don't have one yet so unfortunately I can't contribute to this guide as others have. In Post #12, Rubicon99 says

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
    I will state these are NOT PLUG & PLAY direct fit to the HL 6.0 battle system external IR plug port. It’s not hard to change out the wires and plug, but it is not something I would recommend for the novice with no RC “hobby” experience.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X