X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!! Nice fleet there Bob 😎!

Never been much of a fan of the Panzer IV (I just can't get around that whole turret off-set thing), but have always LOVED the Panzer III, especially the long barreled Panzer III "Special" which is what I think the Brits called them. I also really like the Sherman, What version is that?

OH MAN!!! I just looked closer and noticed you put the spaced armor on the Panzer III! Fantastic!

All the best my friend 😁

Comment

Hiya! The additional Panzer armor is stock on HL’s Panzer III Ausf L version. The Sherman is HL stock except for an aftermarket 76mm long barrel. I just liked the look better than the shorty.
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
        HL, not Taigen. I've been looking for an excuse to post these tanks! 😁

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1172 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.6 KB ID:	293150
        The middle is Panzer IV? All HLs? Dai

Comment

Hiya! The additional Panzer armor is stock on HL’s Panzer III Ausf L version. The Sherman is HL stock except for an aftermarket 76mm long barrel. I just liked the look better than the shorty.
          You know what's funny...I actually HAVE one of these (the upgraded "Taigen Tanks" version like your yours with the nice paint, weathering, etc.) and have NEVER even had her out of the box yet!!!

Maybe I should take a peek. I also have the upgraded (Taigen Tanks) Jagd Panther (that thing is HEAVY!!!!), M-26 Pershing, and M-41 Walker Bulldog. I keep meaning to shoot videos of these...I'm going to have to one of these days...

Comment

Let my wife play with the tank today and of course she managed to cause a couple of problems. First, she drove it over some rocky terrain and drove the sprockets loose thus jumping the tracks off. Needs better screws or locktite. Secondly, she kept moving the turret and I guess caused the tank to shut off by binding a wire or overworking the turret servo. Just turning the switch on and off on the tank seemed to solve the problem. Not sure what was going on, but nothing like letting the wife test it before battle. Oh she drove off two of the road wheels which I later found. Any tips to keep those in place? She made some comment that the tank "needs work" "so how do you get any fun out of it" Mind you my daughter drove it yesterday till the battery died no problems. LOL
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Needing work IS fun! Some of my P III outer wheels fell off too under hard use. Something like a dab of silicon adhesive - I use Zap Goo - will hold them in place. Just don't overglue it because you may want to pry them off in the future.

Oh, and the breaking down when you want to show something off isn't confined to Heng Long. It's everything!

Comment

Needing work IS fun! Some of my P III outer wheels fell off too under hard use. Something like a dab of silicon adhesive - I use Zap Goo - will hold them in place. Just don't overglue it because you may want to pry them off in the future.

Oh, and the breaking down when you want to show something off isn't confined to Heng Long. It's everything!
                At the most inopportune time. Great fun to demonstrate you mechanical ability. Remember: If you can't dazzle them with your footwork, Baffle them with your Bull Sh.....

Comment

The Sherman is HL stock except for an aftermarket 76mm long barrel. I just liked the look better than the shorty.
                  I like the look too. Where'd you find the barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Jim View Post

I like the look too. Where'd you find the barrel?
                    Toucan Hobby on eBay.

Comment

Looks like Heng Long has officially upgraded their Panzer III to 6.0. Can the StuG and Pershing be next? Or something new?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-He...item3436965681

Comment

A Pershing would be nice, I have the P-3 6.0. Vandral has two mods, a Soviet SU76i based on a P3 chassis and a Mobelwagen on a P4 chassis, so we can at least work on additional existing 6.0 AFV’s!

Comment

Toucan Hobby on eBay.
                          Thanks Bob, when I initially looked at your image I didn't see the muzzle brake. I had seen the one with it from Toucan but think I might want one without it. Guess I could always trim it off...

Comment

I went the quick and dirty route for my Firefly barrel, cut the stock barrel to the thick part that exits the mantlet, drilled it out a bit to fit a brass tube and epoxied a length of carbon fishing rod, and a Panzer 4 F2 muzzlebreak for a Firefly-esque look. Its not perfect, the break ports arnt correct but I dont particularly mind.

Comment

Anyone know of a source for photo etched brass grills that can replace the decals there for the Panzer III or StuG III?

Comment

I have only ever seen Heng Long photo-etch grills for the Tiger I and King Tiger.
                                Matomart sells the whole air intake box in metal with the grates molded in, not sure how big a job it would be to remove and replace the plastic ones though.
                                I think to make the grills look scale they would have to be inset into the air box and not just put on the top.
                                Steve

Comment

Could make your own. Click the top of the link not the bottom.
                                  rctankwarfare, rc forum, rc tank, rc tank community, rc community
                                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. I did see some on a German tank website, but I was hoping for something closer.

Comment

I just compared my new PzIII with my older Stug III and neither one is like the PzIII in that link.
                                      The Stug has a grate molded in to the air box but the PzIII is smooth on top with a faint ridge around the area almost like it is made for a photo etch panel.
                                      I think I have seen photo etch panels available that can be cut to size but not sure where. From England maybe? EBay?
                                      Steve

Comment

https://www.ozarmour.com.au/store/ac...-iii-3848.html Her3e are some PzIII grils

Comment

• Found some a little cheaper and a lot closer to me;

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                          X