X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Nice, will be looking forward to seeing your report on the OH-6. I went with the Align blades for the shape. The stock blades are almost like Huey blades, with a flat tip. I wanted the more rounded and swept look of the full scale machine. I’m sure the stock blades would have been flown fine though.
    Yea when I was messing with all of my blade balancing etc, I was like man just get some different blades!! I also thought about the blade shape as well at that moment... So I ordered a set of Rotortech blades (I thought the blade tip design was a lot closer to the real heli), just to realize that when they got here, they were shorter than the Roban blades... I had took for granted that everything said 700mm on the roban documents and never measured. So I had ordered that 710mm Rotortech... . thinking these will be just a hair longer! Nope... come to find out the Roban blades are 750mm. I definitely didn't want shorter. The Rotortechs looked great and I dry fitted to see how they would fit (no issues at all), but I sent them back. I think I am still going to order the 760mm Rotortechs... https://www.amainhobbies.com/rotorte...rt-760/p665902

Comment

• So I'm finally putting the finishing touches on my first ever home DIY project lol... which was to convert my garage storage space into my hobby room. The way my house was built, they built a L shaped storage space in back corner of my garage on the elevated portion of my slab. It was basically 100 square feet on the other side of the wall of my laundry room. So why not make that part of the house right!? So for about $800 (materials and buddy labor) I've added a hobby room and about 11-12K in property value (I ran air/heat in there so it's part of my living square footage now!). Some before and during pics:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3351.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	270313Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3497.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	270314Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3360.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	270315Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3358.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	270316Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3495.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	270317Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3366.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	270318

Name:	IMG_3365.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	270322Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3367.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	270325Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3504.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	270323Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3505.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	270324
      Attached Files

Comment

• And after! What can I say... I am happy and excited about it LOL...

Name:	IMG_4241.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	270330Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4232.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	270329Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4240.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	270327Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4242.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	270328

Comment

• Great job, sfc! I’m liking that dark flooring.

Comment

• Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
            Great job, sfc! I’m liking that dark flooring.
            Thanks! I'm very please with the way it turned out... but yea that's were all my after hour efforts have been... now I'm working 12's in hurricane support lol...

Comment

• Your new hobby room looks great, nice Cobra too, you want to sell it....

Comment

• FYSA for you guys, if you need a cobra complete tail gearbox assembly, the Roban 600 size UH1N is an exact match.... (you guys might have known that already, but I didn't). I spent more money chasing down the two inside gears, when I could have just ordered the whole damn gear box... and the gearbox is what I actually wanted to do in the first place!

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5763.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	292954Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5762.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	292955Click image for larger version

Name:	MRC UH1N GEARBOX.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	292956

Comment

• Sooo, any flights on that Cobra??? I have been flying both of my big Hughes 500 helis, got both of them completely done and several flights on both, still would love to have a Cobra.

Comment

• Ironically, I’ve got no more flights on mine, but I did build and fly one for a friend around Christmas. Was amazed an how well it flies. It’s slick, light, and agile. I can’t wait to get back to working on mine and get it up in the air.

Comment

• Did some maintenance on the cobra this past weekend, put the new tail gearbox in, some bearings, new motor pulley (the cap lip had came off), some tweeks etc, and managed to sneak a test flight in before work this week... bout the best weather we are going to have for about the next 7 days (this weekend's forecast is terrible lol). I'm feeling pretty good about it at this point, tail seems to be pretty solid now, and can at least say some learning is taking place!! I really want to finish this thing up... get my lights on it, some minor details and get this bird in the air for real... gunning for mid March!
                      Maintenance test flight after gearbox replacement, bearing replacement etc.

Comment

• Wooohooo, looks great, can't wait to see the maiden flight.....

Comment

• Looking good!

Comment

• Hi guys….great reading ! This is my Cobra 👍. 800 class

Comment

• Anyone have a sound system for this bird lying around?

Comment

• Hi,

Now, a few years later, what's the advice on FBL controllers? I fly the FrSky X20. Just got my Cobra and am collecting the bits. Thanks!

Comment

• I flew my 700 Apache with my X10, X8R and a Microbeast plus. it was solid.

Gravy

Comment

• Thanks. Is it still flying?

Comment

• Welp,

This is the first set of mechanics I've built in about 10 years. I just spent an hour trying to find the 'missing' parts of the swash linkage that are spelled out in the instructions. Then I took a look at your pics and guess what? LOL. Is there an updated instruction manual for this things? This one is dated 2013.

Comment

• Thanks. Is it still flying?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaun Evans View Post
                                          Thanks. Is it still flying?
                                          Gravy sold it to me and I flew it a bunch and sold it to a guy 4 hrs away from me and the last I heard from him not to long ago he was still flying it....

Comment

Working...
                                          X