Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because the panels are actually curved and not flat, I printed them standing up with support on the print bed only (not support everywhere). Came out great on the first run. Here's a screenshot of how I had them set up on slic3r.
    Pat

Comment

• Heres a pic of the internal structure of my PBY piece

Comment

• Very Nice!

Comment

• This new printer is great

Comment

• Which one did you get again?

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              Because the panels are actually curved and not flat, I printed them standing up with support on the print bed only (not support everywhere). Came out great on the first run. Here's a screenshot of how I had them set up on slic3r.
              Thanks, Pat. I will give it go with your configuration. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                Which one did you get again?
                Its an Adimlab, like a prusa clone.

Comment

• Here's the completed external tanks for the F-14. They came out great!
                  Pat

Comment

• Nice work Pat!

Woody

Comment

• I've seen in this thread that some folks have downloaded the STL files for the L-29 Albatros parts. I private messaged a few to see where the files are located but got no response. Does anyone know where these files (and any other ones) are located?? I saw in previous posts that they were going to be uploaded here on Hobby Squawk. I know about Thingiverse.com,
                      Thanks!!!

Dennis

Comment

• Dennis,

The L-39 files can be found on the Support page of the L-39 on MRC:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...np#support-tab
                        Pat

Comment

• Officially started on printing my Airbus airframe. Acetone welding definitely seems to give great results when I welded in the formers into the fuselage sections.

ABS is so much nicer to work with than PLA.

Comment

• Pat
                            Thanks!!! Been looking all over the site for the past 4 days and could not find them anywhere. I saw where some people were referencing them, but gave no indication where they were located. Awesome.. thanks again for the response. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                              Officially started on printing my Airbus airframe. Acetone welding definitely seems to give great results when I welded in the formers into the fuselage sections. ABS is so much nicer to work with than PLA.
                              DD, Are you finding that with PLA/Acetone welding the parts take quite a while to re-harden, if that's the word. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

DD, Are you finding that with PLA/Acetone welding the parts take quite a while to re-harden, if that's the word. Best, LB
                                Yes, it takes about an hour for the joints to be strong enough to work with, though it seems to be about a good 24hrs for it to be fully cured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

Yes, it takes about an hour for the joints to be strong enough to work with, though it seems to be about a good 24hrs for it to be fully cured.
                                  DD, that has been my experience. I thought I was totally changing the chemical comp. Sooo, how long before the TER is showtime, ol' buddy, ol' pal? Cannot wait and do you think it will scale to the F-4? Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

OK, I'm confused DD are you using PLA or ABS? Been trying to pick out a printer, want to use ABS.

LB, I didn't want to stir the Corsair Pot anymore than I already have mate. "I'm Sorry", If I sounded critical of your post over there in the Corsair thread yesterday. My sincere apologies mate.

Woody

Comment

• Probably another week or 2. Making final tweaks for sectioning the parts, and then I will need to do the test prints.

It wouldnt be able to scale down for the F4 since the part has already been designed around the freewing attachment hardware. you can keep the existing scale, though it will be ~10% oversized when installed on the Phantom.

apmech1 made a simple TER for the F4, as another option for the Phantom:

check out his other parts too, since he made a bunch of ordinance for the Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

OK, I'm confused DD are you using PLA or ABS? Been trying to pick out a printer, want to use ABS.

LB, I didn't want to stir the Corsair Pot anymore than I already have mate. "I'm Sorry", If I sounded critical of your post over there in the Corsair thread yesterday. My sincere apologies mate.

Woody
                                        I'm using ABS. Havent bought any PLA in over a year. Acetone welding doesnt work on PLA

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                          LB, I didn't want to stir the Corsair Pot anymore than I already have mate. "I'm Sorry", If I sounded critical of your post over there in the Corsair thread yesterday. My sincere apologies mate.Woody
                                          WC, there is no reason for you to apologize to me as I am not offended. I think stirring the pot is required and probably one of the great things about this forum, we read, we react, we respond and hopefully, we respond with some care to thought. The gentlemen and the occasional ladies in this forum are most courteous, I think and are savvy enough to speak their minds with a bit of diplomacy. The good news is we all speak our minds, few are ever offended, and when we blow it we take responsibility. I would like all my dealing in comms to end as well. LOL WC, nothing to apologize about, my friend. I like the way you think. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X