Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Y'all, Fuselage_3 completed and had some thin spots of the 'thin' wall construction. Chatted with 3Dlabs forum guys and it is not unusual so I will 'press on'. The structure of this is quite fascinating to me, though I am easily entertained. I have looked on MotionRC's site and I am thinking the F-4 90mm setup is the way to go here, but are all 90mm EDFs 8s? The recommended setup is 90mm EDF and a 1750Kv motor with a 100+ amp ESC. I'm in the learning curve just hiding behind the door. Any help here would be appreciated. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	86 Fuse 1_2_3.JPG
Views:	517
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	159220Click image for larger version

Name:	86 Fuse 1_2_3 Structure.JPG
Views:	565
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	159221
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wow, that looks good:Cool:, what do you use for adhering the media to the bed?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        Wow, that looks good,:Cool: what do you use for adhering the media to the bed?
        RBTX, Thanks, I started out using the glue stick that came with the Prusa kit, which was just like Elmers Xtreme as far as I can tell. There is another better product called 3D Gloop www.3dgloop.com which works even on glass but leaves a residue. I have used both and these work. However, I have the Powder-Coated TXT Spring Steel heat bed sheet which once it is broken in no longer requires an adhesive. I clean it with acetone before each print and I scuffed it up before I printed my 2nd print as I had a problem with adhesion at first. Pic is Fuselage_4 the largest piece so far. Best, LB
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Fuse_4.JPG Views:	1 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	159290Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0004.JPG Views:	1 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	159291 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0005.JPG Views:	1 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	159292
        Last edited by Elbee; Nov 2, 2018, 08:56 AM. Reason: Misspelled a word and added a space for the URL
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Some pics of my printed nose gear doors for the B-24.
          Pat

Comment

• Well done Pat!

Comment

• Those are bomb bay doors Pat.... :Silly::PLOL Really, good job!!! Thanks for the info too.... Jerry

Comment

• I know, those things are HUGE, almost 8" long!
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RBTX, Thanks, I started out using the glue stick that came with the Prusa kit, which was just like Elmers Xtreme as far as I can tell. There is another better product called 3D Gloop www.3dgloop.com which works even on glass but leaves a residue. I have used both and these work. However, I have the Powder-Coated TXT Spring Steel heat bed sheet which once it is broken in no longer requires an adhesive. I clean it with acetone before each print and I scuffed it up before I printed my 2nd print as I had a problem with adhesion at first. Pic is Fuselage_4 the largest piece so far. Best, LB
                  Click image for larger version Name:	Fuse_4.JPG Views:	1 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	159290Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0004.JPG Views:	1 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	159291 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0005.JPG Views:	1 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	159292
                  Cool brother thanks! Im worki on the first print now. It looks really rough, however i am using the cheapo filament that came with the printer, not the stuff i ordered, i just figured i would use the cheap stuff while i learn how to work it. Before i dive in to some more fun and exciting projects

Comment

• I use AquaNet hairspray to adhere parts to the bed.

Comment

• Nice, i heard that works nicely

Comment

• It's cheap and it works better for me than anything else I have tried.

Comment

• Heres my first print with this thing! Extremely pleased!!!

Comment

Heres my first print with this thing! Extremely pleased!!!
                            RBTX, Dude, :bluecoolyou're "Rockin' It". Bravo Zulu. Now, what's next? Best. LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• This is fun to watch. Nice work fellas!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RBTX, Dude, :bluecoolyou're "Rockin' It". Bravo Zulu. Now, what's next? Best. LB
                                Once im done with making the platform, im gonna look for some plain parts :)

Comment

Heres my first print with this thing! Extremely pleased!!!
                                  Looks like some step for model railroad stuff.... HO scale? That is what I model in.... Looks great Bro!!!

Comment

• Yes! Im printing up the actual platform now. And yes it is HO scale :)

Comment

• RBTX, I like HO Scale, just difficult to RC gear in the airplanes. Fuselage_6 added. Tammes said, "It's getting so big." Cracked me up as my mind went immediately to the gutter. LOL I've said too much and she is just a champ for putting with me. Anyway, Best to all this Sunday AM and "Go Chiefs", LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0015.JPG
Views:	544
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	159607Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.JPG
Views:	529
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	159608 ​​​​​​​
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• That is looking good though

Comment

• Very cool!!!! My Freewing 80mm is still in the box. Now we have new powerplant options which should make it sweeter!!!! But the 3D printing intrigues me. I was an instructor for SHARP electronics and taught copiers, printers and fax machines.... Color copiers were complex, but the 3D thing is something I will add to my skillset very soon!!! Looking really cool LB!!! I like it when the girls comment on size too.... (of the planes and storage spaces) ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X