Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, sorry Dee, I did find a setting, unrelated to the export function , so I deleted my question, the setting was "facetres" defaulting to 0.5 which can be adjusted as high as 10, 3 seems visually ok

Comment

I'd max it out, shouldn't cause any issues with the slicer softwares.

Comment

Here is what happens when you print a tall part and it comes loose from the print bed. It is both comical and tragic:). Worst part is that this happed at ~60% completion just after my last check before going to bed.

Doesn't mean it is a total loss. When a print fails you can use that to check:
        -Fitment of interlocking parts ( a tad bit tight for this one, so I'll change the gap from 0.1mm to 0.15mm)
        -See how well the details come through on the print
        -Identify at what height the parts failed, and change the plan of how to slice the part, or add extra support to make for a taller successful print.

(commentary in pictures)

Comment

Excited in the fall I will be the proud owner of a form 2 :) STOKED!
          AMA 1102566

Comment

Awesome! SLA type printers are amazing at very tiny details compared to FDM.

Comment

Yes taking my scratch modelling to the next level. All of the good bad and ugly statues I painted were all made on a form2 sculpted in zbrush then cast in resin for production.
              AMA 1102566

Comment

What do you fellas think of this idea? Seems simple, and probably a way to screw a plane up really fast, but I did that small panel on a scrap wing in about 2 minutes as a test. I'm printing the second prototype now, increasing the height of the center guide ridge a bit ( shown in the rendering is ver 2) . It needs a handle but I thought it worked pretty well and wow was it fast.

Comment

bbaumer = Genius Of The Day Award!!

I'm assuming the ridge between the two spoked wheels is sized in order to fit within a panel line, to act as a guide for consistent spacing?
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
                    What do you fellas think of this idea? Seems simple, and probably a way to screw a plane up really fast, but I did that small panel on a scrap wing in about 2 minutes as a test. I'm printing the second prototype now, increasing the height of the center guide ridge a bit ( shown in the rendering is ver 2) . It needs a handle but I thought it worked pretty well and wow was it fast.
                    Looks like a great idea to me, I would like to have one.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      bbaumer = Genius Of The Day Award!!

I'm assuming the ridge between the two spoked wheels is sized in order to fit within a panel line, to act as a guide for consistent spacing?
                      Well, my first center ridge was too small, and hard to stay aligned, so Im increasing it to see how it works

I think you'd want a partial wheel as well, maybe a couple of small flats

Comment

Well, my first center ridge was too small, and hard to stay aligned, so Im increasing it to see how it works

I think you'd want a partial wheel as well, maybe a couple of small flats
                        One with rivets on one side only as well.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

One with rivets on one side only as well.
                          Perhaps I could split it into 3 layers, and you could remove one as necessary, I'll see how the geometry on this second print works out and go from there

Comment

Perhaps I could split it into 3 layers, and you could remove one as necessary, I'll see how the geometry on this second print works out and go from there
                            Yes, that would work great.
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

bbaumer, that is such a genius design! :Cool: I'm very interested in what you come up with there. Very clever!

Comment

Here is a printable file if anyone wants to try it. It has its shortcomings, keeping it level can be tricky, overruns and overlaps may be an issue. There is no "back button" either. :Sweating:

The center hole is 1/4" so you can make an axle out of about anything you've got lying about.

I printed a small handle for it but didn't find that design too practical. I'd certainly recommend practicing on something you don't care too much about

Willing to consider ideas for a better design

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for this! I'll be giving it a try. :Cool:

Comment

Quite clever, BBaumer, the undo tool is a tub of foam filler. Downloaded and Thank you.
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Here's an idea to toss around: Add a protruding tab to prevent the tool from spinning in the opposite direction. Essentially this creates a ratcheted wheel. This feature may help prevent a situation where the user moves the tool forward and then slips slightly before moving it backward, resulting in misaligned rivets.

I used a similar metal spoked tool for scale modeling, but a 3DP tool for foam is genius, bbaumer! This will be a day long remembered.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I’ll take one too if you decide to make them available. Excellent idea!

Comment

• Here is an EC-5 battery safety cap I designed, I found a few online, but didn't like the fit or finish on the ones there. This has a light but secure pressure fit on the EC-5 female end.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X