Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 3DP Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Alpha, and the MTNRC Design Staff,
    I have a suggestion for an alternate Tail-feathers for the 1600mm Spitfire... it allows for the retention of the original hing points, and control horn while providing the full outline of the teardrop rudder profile...
    Attached Files

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Nice design...

Comment

• Hey Y'all, what 'brand' of ABS and PLA filament are you guys finding to work the best? I'm looking for white in each type. My research leans toward IC3D (Ohio) for ABS and Hatchbox (Chinese) for PLA. Would like your input for any and all filaments including whether anyone has tried the metal blends. Many Thanks,, Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hatchbox ABS White works great on my modified Anet A8.

Comment

• I use hatchbox white with Amazon prime one day shipping.

Comment

• Thank you, Gentlemen. Gotta love Amazon Prime. Tamm's favorite buyers' club LOL. Looking forward to building DD's ordinance package and I will try the F4 cockpit after that, Woohoo, I'm havin' some fun now. I think my first design attempt will be intakes and splitters for the Double Ugly. A break in the wind here for the next few days, soooo maybe the 1st check flight with the A-10 yet this week. Best, as always, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here is my 3D printed Corsair. Flys great. Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair 1.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	346.2 KB
ID:	138210

Comment

• Wow!!! That is too cool!!! Great job!

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                    Here is my 3D printed Corsair. Flys great.
                    Wow that is sweet!! Surface looks smooth too! What size? Are you taking orders? LOL
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I am interested in the 3D parts for the 1600mm Spitfire Cockpit set, and had some concerns about their design and dimensions as I would like to upgrade my spit with the new instrument panel... Attached are images of the outline of the stock instrument panel which fits within my Spitfire's cockpit and a valid representation of a scale Mk IX instrument panel. The stock instrument panel truncates significant portions of a the scale instrument panel, and from what I observed from the promo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOfTBBN08_8 the new 3Dprints will do the same... Now I realize that this Spitfire is semi-scale, but could we get somewhat closer to scale? Thanks to all of Motion RC and Flight Line RC for providing the hobby with their superb product lines.

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Have any of you tried increasing the nozzle size to decrease print times? I understand that some weight penalties would be incurred. Also, is anyone using or thinking about picking up a 3D Scanner? Any thoughts here would be geat. Just curious, :Thinking: Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here is a good article talking about different nozzle sizes. Your print settings with infill and perimeters can be tweaked to minimize weight impact, so the biggest trade-off with larger nozzles is lower resolution (if you go with larger layer heights)

The default nozzle diameter for most of today's printers is 0.4 mm, and the nozzles used in Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ and the MINI printers are no exception. Changing the nozzle takes just a few minutes and it can bring a...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                            Here is a good article talking about different nozzle sizes. Your print settings with infill and perimeters can be tweaked to minimize weight impact, so the biggest trade-off with larger nozzles is lower resolution (if you go with larger layer heights)]
                            DD, Thank you, coincidentally this is the article I read that caused me to ask the question. Go figure. Best to you, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• for those of you needing pilots, heres some pretty good ones ..not mine, just found em while searchin for cool stuff to print.
                              27 3D print models, available for download in STL, OBJ and other file formats, ready for printing with FDM, SLS and other 3D printers.
                              www.TSHobbies.com
                              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• hey check it out..wheel chocks!
                                Wheel chocks for RC planes. These fit 114 mm/4,5" wheels. Scale up or down as necessary.
                                www.TSHobbies.com
                                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Very cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by dblmars View Post
                                    To Alpha, and the MTNRC Design Staff,
                                    I have a suggestion for an alternate Tail-feathers for the 1600mm Spitfire... it allows for the retention of the original hing points, and control horn while providing the full outline of the teardrop rudder profile...
                                    Hey Dblmars, looks great! Please ping me in PM to discuss.
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                      Hey Y'all, Have any of you tried increasing the nozzle size to decrease print times? I understand that some weight penalties would be incurred. Also, is anyone using or thinking about picking up a 3D Scanner? Any thoughts here would be geat. Just curious, :Thinking: Best, LB
                                      You can also setup different processes in simplify3d to allow different heights or use lower infill settings to speed up some. I think anything larger than a .40 nozzle makes prints look to rough. I run one of my printers with a .25 nozzle for high detail stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post

You can also setup different processes in simplify3d to allow different heights or use lower infill settings to speed up some. I think anything larger than a .40 nozzle makes prints look to rough. I run one of my printers with a .25 nozzle for high detail stuff.
                                        RcFiddy1, Thanks for the advice, and I am glad to see someone still uses this thread. Wish more would share here. I have changed the 'infill settings' and that has worked well enough. I have not used Simplify3D, but I might try it. I have a Prusa i3Mk3 and use slic3r as it was part of the overall purchase. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I actually ordered a mk3 but after waiting 3 months they still didn’t ship I cancelled it. I decided to upgrade my p3 steel with a duet WiFi controller and e3d titan extruder. Now that printer prints amazing next to my Kossel delta. There are a few guys here in the forums that do amazing work with 3D parts and I look forward to helping out here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X