Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am able to scale stl fils both up and down in 'Prusa slic3r' and have used it many times. It is a free download https://www.prusa3d.com/ and go to Support, then i3 Mk3 and it is the Windows download dated 10/27/2018 I believe. As for weight limiting, for me, that is mostly trial the error. The recommendation from 3D Labs is to print in PLA to limit the shrinkage from part to part. Thought I would try PLA first for 2 adjoining parts and then try ABS for the same 2 parts and compare each with each other. I, too, bought the F-86 from 3D labs. After seeing what DD has been doing with his airliner on Thingiverse I had to try printing an airplane. Tammes thinks I have gone completely bonkers but likes my enthusiasm. Time will tell. Best, LB
    Last edited by Elbee; Oct 30, 2018, 06:33 PM.
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yeah ive been looking at their pby Catalina and pt17 along with the f86. They have quite a list i wouldnt mind giving a try, just that f86 is really gonna cramp my limited space. And is really the only downside i see for me.

Comment

• RBTX, I'd build that PBY just to have it sitting around. Too Cool 4 School. Best, LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Careful with the 3DLabPrint planes and hot weather/ direct sunlight. My MiG15 got a bit of warping this summer during Jet Jam.

Another example of someone leaving their plane in the car

Comment

• I'm pretty intrigued by all of this stuff. I think it's going to change everything.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
              Careful with the 3DLabPrint planes and hot weather/ direct sunlight.
              DD, Glad to see your voice. I figured this F-86 project would be a cool weather flyer, just couldn't pass it up.
              Been printing more of your 'ordinance' as well and again all I can say is thank you.
              Best, LB

ps: Not entirely pleased with the layering and I will try slowing the print speed first. Though for simply loading and printing, if I were to paint it, I'd sand it some and go for it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0007.JPG Views:	1 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	159027 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0008.JPG Views:	1 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	159028
              Last edited by Elbee; Oct 31, 2018, 06:05 PM. Reason: Added post script.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Ya'll, The 3DLabs stl files are NOT compatible with Prusa slic3r software. I converted F86A_Fuselage_1_stl file with slic3r and checked the 'Preview and 'Layers' views and slic3r had added a base that would prevent fitting 2 parts together without some serious cutting of the parts. The thin wall construction of the 3D Labs files works well with any i3 machine and they recommend Simplify3D if you need to make settings changes from their stl files for your 3D printer. I do not know if this is a free download, however. I am having no issues so far with the 3D Labs stl files with a Prusa i3 Mk 3 machine other than how much time sections take to print. LOL. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Ya'll, I woke up and Fuselage_2 was sitting in my printer. It's like magic at $20.00 a roll. Parts fit is very good but this is just the first two pieces. Fuse_3 has begun in the background. Best, LB
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.JPG
Views:	596
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	159114
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Awesome!!! Love it.... :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                      Awesome!!! Love it.... :Cool::Cool::Cool:
                      HRDWY, You want one, I know you do. I suppose I could let you borrow all the parts for 10 years or so. What you did with those would be beyond my control. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                        Yeah ive been looking at their pby Catalina and pt17 along with the f86. They have quite a list i wouldnt mind giving a try, just that f86 is really gonna cramp my limited space. And is really the only downside i see for me.
                        RBTX, Where did you see the PBY Catalina 3DP plans. I still can't find those on 3DLabs website. I want one, too. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

HRDWY, You want one, I know you do. I suppose I could let you borrow all the parts for 10 years or so. What you did with those would be beyond my control. Best, LB
                          HA!!! I can send you a bottle or three of some nice adult beverage to compensate you for my new set of A-10 cluster bombs (and a few GBU's)….. :-) Love the sets from Dirty Dee. I am going to get a printer in February 2019, if we are all still here and survive the crazy elections and caravans and stuff.... :Silly::Not-Talking::Not-Talking:

Comment

• Rockeyes!!!!

Comment

• Currently printing nose doors for the B-24. Will post pics how they come out.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

HA!!! I can send you a bottle or three of some nice adult beverage to compensate you for my new set of A-10 cluster bombs (and a few GBU's)….. :-) Love the sets from Dirty Dee. I am going to get a printer in February 2019, if we are all still here and survive the crazy elections and caravans and stuff.... :Silly::Not-Talking::Not-Talking:
                                Hardway, I'd print you the ordinance, just give me a list as long as those are DD's stl files. What is your time parameter? No PayPal, simply send Basil Hayden or Makers from your personal stock. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• No time frame.... :-) My wife laughs at the "personal stock" idea... I am like Wal Mart, I only have a three day supply on hand due to consumption... Without a re-supply chain, we are out of luck!!! :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RBTX, Where did you see the PBY Catalina 3DP plans. I still can't find those on 3DLabs website. I want one, too. Best, LB
                                    Got ya covered brother!

Semi scale 3D printed model of Consolidated PBY Catalina with about 1,7m wingspan made by Martin Klöpfer.  Features retractable floats for better in air behavior, same as the original. The flying boat is in civilian version, so there's no gun turret on the nose and structures to the rear gunning blisters since they are easier to be added than removed when unwanted. You will get: STLs Factory files for Simplify3D Basic GCodes You will need: Radio System of your choice, any 5 channel will do (with servos on Y-cable), 7 channels or more recommended. 2x 3530/1100 KV motor 2x 30A ESC 5000 mAh 3S 30C Li-Po battery 4x HXT900 class 9g servos 2x servoless retracts Some construction material See more details in Consolidated Catalina PBY userguide

Comment

• RBTX,:) Thanks. Like it muchly. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes! Me as well! I have my printer fully assembled now. Gonna read the operating manual now and get to know this thing. Very pleased with the build, had to look around to figure out how and where to mount the autolevel sensor, but finally got it. Now its ready to go for leveling the print bed. Seeing the f86 come out as well as it is, has me excited. :)

Comment

• RBTX, you work quickly...Looks Outstanding...I leveled the table my printer sits on by placing the printer in its enclosure and using two levels on the print bed to make it all "Perfectly" square. I checked the 'skew' after I ran all the calibration prints and it is 0.03 which is really pretty good outta the box considering Prusa asks for it to be 0.05 and no worse than 0.12. The printer takes care of the rest during each initial print calibration. I presume your printer will do similarly. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X