Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light work schedule this week, flying in the morning! Yippee!
    It will be a “Warbird Week” for me as Cub needs a new ESC, the glider is not quite ready for RTS, and the MEN Trainer - well, ok, why not take 4 planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      Day 730 (Two Years): Bad wind this morning so I flew the Cobbled Cub...

Congrats George! CAVU always!

Comment

• Flew the Tundra with a 11x6 wooden prop, trying to stay on the wing and conserve as much battery as possible. Some flap to keep it in the air when low and slow, Cuban 8s, inverted, hammerheads, the usual burning holes in the sky fun

Almost all paint has flaked off, has hot glue and CA all over the fuselage and wings, lol, all that weight makes it fly much better. I should start looking for a replacement, but this one refuses to die... je je

* the most difficult thing was dealing with the sweat bees, they sure are annoying when crawling over my eyeglasses, and all over my hands, its more the tickling that bothers me.

Comment

• My durafly P-51 is the oldest plane in my fleet with the most crashes. Bowed fuselage, questionable thrust line, sloppy gears, spinner scrubs against front cowl.

Got 4 flights in today but wasn't feeling right. I might have had an off day, or maybe I've gotten too use to flying unbroken planes :). Either way, was a nice reminder of how snappy this one flies on 4S, and how well it sticks on landings with Dave brown liteflite wheels. I've been considering retiring this one from my fleet , but I probably with fit it out with a gyro lemon reciever for one more flight session before I make my decision.

Comment

• Here's my still go to fun flyer , ugly as she is .. Flyzone extra 300 . My 2nd plane and was way over my flying skills a little over a year ago . pretty sure I've busted everything atleast once ! 3 motor mounts and many more repared . even had the wings rip from the fuse in mid flight :-o . I kept sticking it back together ,and she keeps showing me some love .

And yes , i did fly this one today in crazy gusty winds and had a blast !

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post
              Here's my still go to fun flyer .. Flyzone extra 300 . My 2nd plane and was way over my flying skills a little over a year ago . pretty sure I've busted everything atleast once ! 3 motor mounts and many more repared . even had the wings rip from the fuse in mid flight :-o . I kept sticking it back together ,and she keeps showing me some love .

And yes , i did fly this one today in crazy gusty winds and had a blast !
              You have to respect the man who has the motivation and desire to try something " way over his flying skills" bust it up numerous times, put it back together (no matter what it looks like) and keep on trying!
              My hat is off to you Hemidoo! We have a fellow at our club that does the same thing, and I admire him for it.
              When asked aren't you afraid of crashing? His reply is always; If your afraid to fly it, Don't buy it!
              His skills have improved immensely over the last few years. He seems to have more fun than most at the field on any given day!

Comment

• We're packed to fly in the morning

Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post

You have to respect the man who has the motivation and desire to try something " way over his flying skills" bust it up numerous times, put it back together (no matter what it looks like) and keep on trying!
                  My hat is off to you Hemidoo! We have a fellow at our club that does the same thing, and I admire him for it.
                  When asked aren't you afraid of crashing? His reply is always; If your afraid to fly it, Don't buy it!
                  His skills have improved immensely over the last few years. He seems to have more fun than most at the field on any given day!
                  Thanks Dave ! I really try to be the guy having fun for sure too . I try to improve my skills seriously ... but with a big smile most all the time !

Comment

• Nathan, day 21. Still working on controlling his speed and making gentle turns. He broke a prop on his Cub so he is flying the T-28 until we can make repairs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180725_194946.jpg Views:	1 Size:	558.1 KB ID:	143927

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      Nathan, day 21. Still working on controlling his speed and making gentle turns. He broke a prop on his Cub so he is flying the T-28 until we can make repairs.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20180725_194946.jpg Views:	1 Size:	558.1 KB ID:	143927
                      Got to get him to make repairs, Fly, Crash, Repair for next flying day. ;)
                      AMA 424553

Comment

• Flew the P38, Tigercat, A10, Hellcat, and CZ T28. My son got a few flights in with his sportsman s.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Got to get him to make repairs, Fly, Crash, Repair for next flying day. ;)
                          Agreed, but dad still has to buy the parts to fix it. ;)

Comment

• Day 734: Got several flights on the big Cessna today, such a great flying plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cessna_Day734.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	144047
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Terrific Photo TiedIron

Comment

• Originally posted by Grantham Kid View Post
                                Terrific Photo TiedIron
                                Thank you, the runway has really got thick and smooth after 2 years of filling divots and sowing several hundred pounds of seed :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170114_173613474_iOS.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	144139
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• FMS 1500 P-47?? I really like that plane. The foam, not so much... Just a tad soft....

Comment

• I flew my F-22 Raptor this morning... I bought it at a local airshow as a combo pack with everything to build and fly, minus the receiver and battery... For 60.00 !!!! So much fun... It uses a 1000 mAh - 1600 mAh 3s pack and I have a Spektrum 400 receiver and a A3-L gyro in it. It flies great even on windy days with the gyro... Best 60.00 bucks ever spent!! :P;):Cool: Well, maybe...

Comment

• Today was the Votec 322 Hamilton and my trusty extra 300 . Today was one of those days that I got to learn a lesson without paying the price ! Charged up 4 Batteries, 2 6s 5000's for the votec and two 4s 2200's for the extra 300 this morning before heading off to work with hopes of flying and around lunchtime . It was all working out good as I had my 300 up in the air flipping around in a pretty good little breeze and all was good.... Then Bingo no power to the motor ! Brought the throttle down to zero raise it back up a little burst and then nothing again. I was quite far away but at least I was quite high up ... but was downwind . My lunchtime flying spot is a Fairgrounds that has pretty big grassy parking areas ( with hardly any cars during the weekdays) . Anyway I did get it down about 300 feet from me kind of a rough bouncy Landing but all was okay :-) turns out I had a malfunction (me)with the timer that's connected to my power supply for my charger at home, the 2 4s batterys only charged for 5 minutes. I always carry a battery checker and typically always check them before I put them in the plane but today I did not so lesson learned !

Comment

• Got to the field and up came the wind, damn!
                                        Did get one flight, but it was not much fun. Bumpy gusts and crosswind from behind me. Hate those.
                                        oh well, tomorrow I can try again.

Comment

• Always man, my son and I are headed out with the B26, P38, A10, and his sportsman. Its gonna be great!

Comment

Working...
                                          X