Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got in some flights today with the FMS 1700mm "Ferocious Frankie" P-51, the Starmax L-4, and the Eflite Super Cub before the rain started.

Comment

The FMS 1700mm "Ferocious Frankie" P-51and the Starmax L-4 were two of the planes I flew today as well...cool.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

After the fog lifted and it stopped misting. Managed 4 flights with the P-38 and 2 with the F-86. 44F for a temp.Completly overcast. But it's my first flights since early December. The P-38 Silver had a new paint job this winter along with the sport power system installed. I really like the performance increase with that setup. Weather forecast looks like i'll get a few more flights tomorrow. Try to get some pics & video tomorrow.
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I was regretting that I didn't take my P-38 to the field today. It would've been a great day to fly it. I had a lot of rain last night; so, our field was really soggy. I had quite a few nose-overs with my tail draggers.
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

I got in 6 very fun flights with my F-86 before the rain started. Another guy at the field was very impressed with how it flew claiming that he needed to take a closer look at getting one himself.

Comment

Sig Somethin' Extra, Twisted Hobbys Mini Crack Yak and Horizon UMX F-16 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8665.JPG
Views:	407
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	59036
              Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

We had rain today and yesterday..might get to fly tomorrow
                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

It was a crazy beautiful day today, sunny and 67...worked from home (hangar) and flew a Corsair, Mustang, L4, B-17 and P-38... I know, you hate me. It's supposed to be 30 and snowing Saturday so I'll be paying for today...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7649.JPG Views:	1 Size:	201.8 KB ID:	59423

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Nawwwwwww, we don't hate ya but a major share of us are reeaaally envious and probably wondering when that long running streak is gonna end...............Sat ? 30 and snow ? Don't fly anything white/silver ;) :p
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                      Nawwwwwww, we don't hate ya but a major share of us are reeaaally envious and probably wondering when that long running streak is gonna end...............Sat ? 30 and snow ? Don't fly anything white/silver ;) :p
                      I'll have to get the Catalina out... ;)
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Don't let him get to you TI.... keep going. Don't let Saturday's weather stop you... :) You can do it! :p

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          Don't let him get to you TI.... keep going. Don't let Saturday's weather stop you... :) You can do it! :p
                          OV is an encouragement to keep going...I may never stop, I wonder what the record is?
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Lon, that fog is intense! I had a low overcast when trimming my scorpion...I had to point her skyward to dial in some elevator trim all the while just hoping she wouldn't enter the soup.
                            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I flew a parkzone V1 Corsair, E-flight timber and a umx carbon cub ss. :shy:
                              Last edited by RRHandy; Jan 25, 2017, 06:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
                              AMA 424553

Comment

Maidened my Eflite Valiant 1.3 today and flew the Sport Cub also.

Comment

Did a little after-work, indoor flying. I flew my UMX P-51D (2S BL), UMX Cub S, Night Vapor, Inductrix quad, Smart Plane (iPhone bluetooth controlled). Small planes, big fun.
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

Day 188...

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

OV is an encouragement to keep going...I may never stop, I wonder what the record is?
                                      Probably 188 days.. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                        Day 188...
                                        You sir, are positively crazy :cool:. Looks like the little jug took the wind pretty well for its size.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

You sir, are positively crazy :cool:. Looks like the little jug took the wind pretty well for its size.
                                          It's a blast, you can just hover with it when it's like this...hard to land.
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X