TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• How does the p38 handle? I have never flown a twin
      AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
        How does the p38 handle? I have never flown a twin
        It handles wonderfully. It will tend to dive a little in a turn, you need to carry a little power into the landing but it's relatively fast and looks absolutely very cool in the air. If you don't have one it should be on your short list,

Comment

• The P-38 and especially the new F7F Tigercat are excellent flying twins! I highly recommend getting one, or both (I have both! :)).
          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
            How does the p38 handle? I have never flown a twin
            It's got a heavy wing load but I like that, it performs great in stock form and is much faster than you would expect. I have to say that it commands attention booth on the ground and in the air.
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

It's got a heavy wing load but I like that, it performs great in stock form and is much faster than you would expect. I have to say that it commands attention booth on the ground and in the air.
              There is the magic phrase wing load. I still to this day cannot fly the durafly p40n lol
              AMA 1102566

Comment

• +1 on the P-37 being a great plane. Keep the speed up. But, the P-38 is very easy to handle. I haven't flown the Tigercat; so, no comment on it. Another great twin is the Freewing Mosquito (if you can still get one).
                ---
                Warbirder

Comment

• Out this morning flying FW 70mm V2 F16 6s. Good little crosswind but handle great. One of my favorites when I want some speed. Upgraded landing gear so settles in nice on landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kferros View Post
                    Out this morning flying FW 70mm V2 F16 6s. Good little crosswind but handle great. One of my favorites when I want some speed. Upgraded landing gear so settles in nice on landing.
                    Perfectly timed shot.
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      The P-38 and especially the new F7F Tigercat are excellent flying twins! I highly recommend getting one, or both (I have both! :)).
                      Right on .........Right on....... Pat. Now keep banging that Bronco drum for me(us) when ever your around Alpha. ;)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Nice shot TI...The P-38 as many have said flies great. Definitely has a higher wing load but as long as you know that and fly accordingly she will reward you with some great flights.

My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Today was the Sig Somethin Extra. Practicing Cuban 8's.

BTW Nice flying Viper on the video posted on the previous page.
                          Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Flew the FMS 1.5M Razorback after work when the Flight Gods smiled upon Thee and parted the skies for an hour. Great flight and the landing was one of my better greasers...

...and then she proceeded to ground loop into the curb breaking a wheel fairing. :Angry:
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              Nice shot TI...The P-38 as many have said flies great. Definitely has a higher wing load but as long as you know that and fly accordingly she will reward you with some great flights.
                              And fellow flyers love to watch it fly. I've had club members, after their planes and gear has been loaded to go home, that will stick around for another hour just to see my P-38 fly before leaving for home. It's such a nice plane to fly and has such a beautiful presence in the sky.

---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• I flew a bunch of stuff today but the highlight of the day was when my granddaughter Adrianna had her first solo flight, she did great, even though it was windy she brought it in for a perfect landing...she may be the next "Evelyn".

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• That's awsome TI it's good to see the young ones getting involved.

Comment

• Very cool, TI. I'm teaching my 24-year-old daughter to fly. She's gotten addicted to the security of buddy-boxing and won't solo. She has the skills, just not the confidence... :-/
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

• Flew the Super Scorpion yesterday. Too much wind today.
                                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Maidened my FW 90mm F-18. Nice flight but I lost my battery hatch and Mobius in the trees. So I guess not such a nice flight. :Straight-Face:
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Day 218: Constant 20 mph with 30-35 mph gusts, but it was sunny.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170225_194246453_iOS.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	64038
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X