Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply beautiful here in NC today. Clear blue sky, gentle breeze, a bit on the cool side but not enough to make it uncomfortable. Flew my Multiplex Solius, caught a few thermals, did some mild aerobatics. Also my Durafly Excalibur, always fun. Finally my Free Wing Lippisch P-15, sweet flying plane, but I dumb thumbed it into the cotton field. Those cut down cotton stalks are tough on foam. Got some repairs to do, but it'll fly again. Just not tomorrow.

Comment

• Got some flying in today Flew my Carbon Z Cessna I wanted to get my Tcat in the air today but it didn't happen. Was in the upper 50s low 60s today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Yeah Westy, Charlie and I wish you were here. Misery loves company:Cold:LOL
        No offense gentlemen, but you have the whole situation turned around. I wish you were here. No need for misery, we've had far too much of that commodity in these woods lately. Just good company my :Cold::Cold: brothers. Yes, bring your old arses out here where it's warm :Smug:(58- 63 degrees with no wind all last week:-) what are you doing back there right now? We can't keep saying next year every year.:ov10 :bluecool

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          Day 925
          George you are reaching RC God-like proportions. :eyeswide

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

George you are reaching RC God-like proportions. :eyeswide
            Yeah, right :Silly:
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Day 926: Flew the F-22 with TV some today :Cool:

Click image for larger version  Name:	03A87C23-802D-4FC4-9508-8BC3EFF3D2FB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	212.9 KB ID:	176427
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Didn't get to fly at all, it was rainy and windy this weekend here in Ca. so I got my shelves built and the shop all organized and all the jets off the floor so I could walk, also ran the train, every hobby shop has to have a train...:)

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                  Didn't get to fly at all, it was rainy and windy this weekend here in Ca. so I got my shelves built and the shop all organized and all the jets off the floor so I could walk, also ran the train, every hobby shop has to have a train...:)
                  Everyone should have a train!!!! For sure!!! LOL I do!!! :Cool::Cool: Nice shop Bro!

Comment

• FREEZING Here today!! all of 0 degrees, no wind though thankfully. Had to work Friday Sat and Sun, but got home in time to see the end of the Super Bowl. Glad to see the Patriots win, but a well fought game.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Didn't get to fly at all, it was rainy and windy this weekend here in Ca. so I got my shelves built and the shop all organized and all the jets off the floor so I could walk, also ran the train, every hobby shop has to have a train...:)
                      If I ever get everything organized to do so, I'd like to build a suspended track set-up like that, and run my old HO scale Espee Cab-Forward on.

One of the few things that tempts me to ever go near Sacramento, California, is the sole remaining Cab-Forward at the California State Railway Museum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

If I ever get everything organized to do so, I'd like to build a suspended track set-up like that, and run my old HO scale Espee Cab-Forward on.

One of the few things that tempts me to ever go near Sacramento, California, is the sole remaining Cab-Forward at the California State Railway Museum.
                        Oh yeah, love that museum, if ever when I go to Sacramento its always a stop for our family. I enjoyed building the layout, it runs so smooth too, took alot of work to get it smooth but worth it. It's just a simple DC layout in a figure 8, there is a cross over right in the middle of the suspended section that sends it to the back of the shop, no switches to mess with this way, I run nothing but Walthers locomotives and a few steamers as well. Glad to see others enjoying trains as well, but the EDF jets are my thing right now, waiting on the Mig 21 to get here to fill the empty spot you see in the pictures just below the A-4........:Cool:

Comment

Nice! Love that awesome Bell 47!! One of my favorite aircraft, and a true classic. Love the trains as well! My Grandpa passed down his O-scale layout to our family and I spent a large portion of my childhood working on the layout at the hangar. Someday, when I get out of my tiny apartment, I will bring the layout down from MN and get it back on display.

Recently, I’ve been in a place where it is beyond too cold to fly RC. In fact, it’s too cold to fly some full scale aircraft; Yellowknife, Canada. We are doing cold weather testing on a new helicopter, and most of the week was at about -40 deg. That is plain temps, no wind chill. The cool thing is that it is also the home base for Buffalo airways, so I’ve been able to get up close and personal to their beautiful C-46 Commando.

Comment

• Awesome!! :Cold:

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Recently, I’ve been in a place where it is beyond too cold to fly RC. In fact, it’s too cold to fly some full scale aircraft; Yellowknife, Canada. We are doing cold weather testing on a new helicopter, and most of the week was at about -40 deg. That is plain temps, no wind chill. The cool thing is that it is also the home base for Buffalo airways, so I’ve been able to get up close and personal to their beautiful C-46 Commando.
                              NICE Pics.............you've got a coooool :bluehappyjob.
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Nice! Love that awesome Bell 47!! One of my favorite aircraft, and a true classic. Love the trains as well! My Grandpa passed down his O-scale layout to our family and I spent a large portion of my childhood working on the layout at the hangar. Someday, when I get out of my tiny apartment, I will bring the layout down from MN and get it back on display.

:Cold: I agree, too cold for me. Those are some nice pics by the way,:Sun:

Comment

I agree, too cold for me. Those are some nice pics by the way,
                                  Ya know, it would be really cool to see a model of that C-46 Commando. I actually liked the look of that one much better than a DC-3. I don't think anyone has done it.

Woody

Comment

• Id like to do a DC3 in the Buffalo airways livery, but a C46 would be awesome.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but Buffalo Joe's C46 is the only one left flying, pretty darned close if not. Buffalo Airlines really helped us out when we were rebuilding our DC3. Joe McBryant and his maintenance chief came and visited us and gave us the greatest compliment regarding our cockpit, they couldn't get over how realistic it looked and that everything was right where is was supposed to be.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• I think Buffalo has two C46s, and yes I do believe they are the only two left that are airworthy.

Comment

• Took the Dynam Hellcat and the Eflite Corsair and P47 out today since it was reasonably nice. Some reason I cant upload pics.

Comment

Working...
                                          X