Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooah! I am ready! So is the N9MB

Comment

• Agree May the force be with you! A Wing and a prayer my friend!

Comment

• We're all on the edge of our seats. I'm sure the prayers and positive waves being sent your way will provide a little extra lift. Great job on this project regardless of the final outcome - you got some skills.
        UMX: B-17, PT-17, P-47, A-10, Habu. E-Flite: Sportsman, Timber, Spitfire, P-47. Flyzone f-86 64 mm, Dynam Albatros, Flyzone Zero Select, Freewing B-17, Hobby Zone F4-U Corsair

Comment

• Good luck! Waiting on the edge of my seat for your report.

Comment

• Well another failure. I must have just barely missed the CG still tail heavy, but cant be by too much though... Anyone Concur with my assessment?

Comment

• Sorry to see that, but I agree still looks tail heavy. How bad is the damage?

Comment

• Not bad, I can fix tonight and have her in the air in the morning. I have some weight I can add to her and hopefully get on track

Comment

• Hey man just got to see the outcome. Sorry to see but it really looks close. I think your right on the cg. Hey man were all going to habe a beer when shes up. Just remember 3rd times a charm
                  :Cool:
                  Dewey l

Comment

• Already repaired, going up tomorrow morning!

Comment

• Yes it looks very close and so glad it's repairable! Definitely acted tail heavy. I agree with Dewey 3rd times a charm!

Comment

• Rbtx,

If the nose comes up abruptly again after shifting the CG for more nose weight you may want to review your datum reference between the thrust and wing chord lines being parallel.
                        Since you have no horizontal stab creating a incidence concern this datum is now your bear to wrestle and it is much more touchy especially for port/starboard balance regarding the roll left.
                        I'm in your court too, just hope that the shift of the batt forward is all it takes. ;)
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Changed my battery position too

Comment

• OV, Yeah that's my next check for sure, I know the original plane was with a 6° up angle and I followed that. Maybe that doesn't translate to this scale size model. going on seat of the pants, makes things interesting for sure. But that's what I was expecting though, if it was easy it wouldn't be fun :)

Comment

• I'll also check if the thrust yaw angle as well I was sure I got it even, but it surely could have shifted before the epoxy cured

Comment

• Aaaaahhh!!! It rolled about 150 ft and the nose gear collapsed on me.... So the good news is she's not tail heavy anymore, bad news still haven't flown.

Comment

• Got to give you an A for effort Rifleman.:Cool:

Comment

• I sure not giving up til I win. Failure is not an option

Comment

• Drats! Still on the edge of my seat!

Comment

• I think it will rise soon. I'm very hopeful after today

Comment

• Argh! Keep at it. We know you'll get her in the air.

Comment

Working...
                                          X