X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Politicions and those in charge are like diapers, they need to be changed frequently and for the same reason.
    Hugh, Hear, hear. Pretty well covers that. Best, Steve
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Politicions and those in charge are like diapers, they need to be changed frequently and for the same reason.
      Sounds like something Ben Franklin would say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Sounds like something Ben Franklin would say.
        As I recall, the original quote is actually attributed to the great comedian, Will Rogers.

Comment

• Hey ALPHA!
          First, thanks for the great story in the AMA rag, informing and great to help all at the field understand what goes into a project.
          Second, has there ever been a really good quality foamy Twin Beech developed? If not, would that be something the big names might have on their list of projects to complete? Other than a stick built, or an additional medium size foamy from Megajets RC, there really hasn't been anything on the market. If you want to surprise most all of us, give the higher ups a whisper that a large Beech 18 series is needed! I myself would purchase several, maybe even in Utility Squadron colors, or a plane Jane(pun intended), that we could throw color on ourselves?
          Many thanks for all the cool kits you've provided so far, and yes, I haven't started on the Lysander yet. Just finished up the B-25, 80% of the L-19/O-1 and flying about six different ones. Farming mud doesn't stop for fun.
          Dutchman

Comment

• Is it just me or is something lacking..... oh the agony

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190813-174203_Chrome.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	210145

Comment

• yupppp! just waiting for the Dornier 335

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
                Is it just me or is something lacking..... oh the agony

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190813-174203_Chrome.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	210145
                I think "the fix is in", and it's not for MRC.

Comment

• Why not add this to the XK lineup?: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3-Xk-x450-vtol

Comment

• The DO335 would be neat but I’ve heard anecdotally that they can cause some real damage to your arms when getting it ready (on the glow/gas powered one). Like starting the engines, backing away from the front one and hitting the back one. I guess kill switches would be ideal and separate throttle controls with kill switches would take care of that

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
                      The DO335 would be neat but I’ve heard anecdotally that they can cause some real damage to your arms when getting it ready (on the glow/gas powered one). Like starting the engines, backing away from the front one and hitting the back one. I guess kill switches would be ideal and separate throttle controls with kill switches would take care of that
                      I think that wouldn't be a problem with an electric one. It would be like the P-38, or one of the multi-engine bombers like the B-17, with the only difference being one would be pushing, the other pulling. It's the spindly landing gear that would be a problem in my opinion.

Comment

• OK, so Horizon's been pumping out new releases like a rabbit on fertility drugs, and HobbyKing's now getting into the act. So what's going on at MRC?

Comment

• Their letting me recover from my last purchase a OV-10

Mike
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                            OK, so Horizon's been pumping out new releases like a rabbit on fertility drugs, and HobbyKing's now getting into the act. So what's going on at MRC?
                            My first thought was, "Quality versus quantity."

Of course, I think the fact that Horizon and Hobby King both are far larger companies than Motion, and therefore have a lot more business capital to invest (risk?) in developing new models, might have something to do with it as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

My first thought was, "Quality versus quantity."

Of course, I think the fact that Horizon and Hobby King both are far larger companies than Motion, and therefore have a lot more business capital to invest (risk?) in developing new models, might have something to do with it as well.
                              Actually, I expected HobbyKing to be coming out with more new releases than Horizon since they've got the "home field" advantage by originating in China, and went from many models down to a few. When I started they had more EDFs available than they do all PNP planes now. And just browse through Banggood or AliExpress and you'll see quite a few things that are available. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects that Horizon might be applying pressure over there to run out MRC since they can't buy MRC.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Valkpilot;n210628]

Actually, I expected HobbyKing to be coming out with more new releases than Horizon since they've got the "home field" advantage by originating in China, and went from many models down to a few. When I started they had more EDFs available than they do all PNP planes now. And just browse through Banggood or AliExpress and you'll see quite a few things that are available. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects that Horizon might be applying pressure over there to run out MRC since they can't buy MRC.[/QUOTE

Now that's funny. HK's been ripping off other manufacturers for years. I have no use for them. I also love the Horizon wants to buy Motion conspiracy theory along with the Horizon killed Hobbico one. Things really get interesting when new model releases slow down.

Mike

Comment

• Alpha,
                                  I’d like to know, is there any chance MRC/Freewing might start producing 105mm Jets? I don’t know about anyone else, but if you guys put out a 105mm F-22 or F-18 or ANYTHING other than a F-16/Viper, I’d be buying 3 of each. I know they are a much higher price and development is not cheap either. But I’m betting you’d get TONS of business from this size model. I have a couple HSD Super Viper’s and their great Jets, but it’s been the same 4/5 model types for years now and it’s OLD NEWS.
                                  Any Squawker out there in support of this, please chime in. I know I’m not alone on this and just think, a MRC/Freewing 105mm F-4...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetman64 View Post
                                    Alpha,
                                    I’d like to know, is there any chance MRC/Freewing might start producing 105mm Jets? I don’t know about anyone else, but if you guys put out a 105mm F-22 or F-18 or ANYTHING other than a F-16/Viper, I’d be buying 3 of each. I know they are a much higher price and development is not cheap either. But I’m betting you’d get TONS of business from this size model. I have a couple HSD Super Viper’s and their great Jets, but it’s been the same 4/5 model types for years now and it’s OLD NEWS.
                                    Any Squawker out there in support of this, please chime in. I know I’m not alone on this and just think, a MRC/Freewing 105mm F-4...
                                    Now I can’t stop thinking of having a Freewing L-39 or a F-22 in 105mm scale. Better yet, how bout an A-10 with twin 105mm edf’s, probably 78” length and a wing span of 84”. Now I’d pay $1000 + for one and I’d buy at least 3.

ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED????

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj
                                      How about these as a start, since Motion is the US distributer for Black Horse?
                                      Problem is many of these guys want foam / PNP stuff. Balsa and Ply fly better IMO. I do own a lot of foam stuff and am not bashing it.
                                      Mike

Comment

• double post.

Comment

Working...
                                        X