Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dahawk I'm reading the book, Holding the Line, The Naval Air Campaign in Korea by Thomas Cleaver. It's a fascinating book and discusses many planes and pilots of that time and the transition of naval air power post WW2. With US navy jets, my favorites are anything from the phantom to present. (The development of the real F35 pisses me off but I'd still own one, especially if they made a C variant.)

But I do agree, and now that.i understand it's role.in navy aviation, I really do think a 90 mm F9f cougar would be outstanding!

Comment

• Bravo Zulu ! Agree and for Blue Angels fans, the Cougar would top off the list. I have a Bearcat A4, F4 and F/A- 18. Plus, there isn't one available in the 80 or 90 size. A potential big seller for MRC.
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
        Keep it simple. A 90 mm F9F Panther / Cougar. A few livery options including Blue Angels.
        Totally agree with this..... A 90mm F9F panther and Cougar would be a great addition to lineup.

Comment

• Alphas friend Dante suggested an Avenger, which is a great airplane as its currently not been modeled. I believe I suggested that as well quite a while ago. Nevertheless, it would be something to see and the mods would be amazing.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06094.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	309200Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06096.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	309201Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06098.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	309202Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06099.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	309203Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06095.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	309204Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06100.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	309205
          BTW, that IS a P63 behind her, cool plane too.
          If anyone lives near Abbotsford BC, Canada, this particular Avenger was based at Abbotsford Airport as a Conair water bomber, turns out I've seen her fly a number of times up there at the airshow as a kid.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• An avenger is on my must have.

Motion, Alpha, I have an itch and budget to buy a new plane. I've been holding off because you are overdue for an announcement, but if something doesn't shake loose soon, I might have to scratch that itch elsewhere.

What I'm saying is I have some money I want to give you.

Comment

• Well the full scale flys good slow as shown at the Cocoa Beach air show.
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                An avenger is on my must have.
                The real one has a reputation of being a horrible flyer. It was nicknamed the "Turkey", and here is an example article of a modern pilot's impression of "Turkey Wrestling". Sounds harrowing.

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-new...m-avenger.html

Of course there is no reason an electric foam model would have these same characteristics. I agree it would be a great model. Lots of opportunity to add things.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                  Well the full scale flys good slow as shown at the Cocoa Beach air show.
                  You mean as it water landed?? It was pretty crazy to see the video of it.. the pilot was good!

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

You mean as it water landed?? It was pretty crazy to see the video of it.. the pilot was good!
                    I just watch the landing in the water on the news tonight. WOW he made a great emergency landing

Comment

• It was impressive! Bad enough you have to do a water landing. But also to contend with a populated beach.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                        It was impressive! Bad enough you have to do a water landing. But also to contend with a populated beach.
                        Yeah, let's land near this populated beach with people in the water, not a further 100m out where the risk of hitting anyone is zero. It's the same as landing on highways, bad judgement. If you're flying a warbird you have signed up for some risk, bathing at a beach not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoVector View Post

Yeah, let's land near this populated beach with people in the water, not a further 100m out where the risk of hitting anyone is zero. It's the same as landing on highways, bad judgement. If you're flying a warbird you have signed up for some risk, bathing at a beach not so much.
                          He nailed it. End of story.

Mike
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Or it's just the good part, a positive outcome of that story. I agree that he nailed the water landing part. After seeing more footage and different angles, he was pretty close to people in the water. I doubt he had a life vest, so that was probably a component of his decision. He didn't cartwheel, but he could have. And then I also saw that someone presented footage of him trailing smoke at altitude with other airfields nearby. But youtube enthusiasts aren't the NTSB, I think we have snippets of the whole story. The thing I have always appreciated about aviation and incident evaluation, is that the outcome, positive or negative, doesn't negate all of the details and possibilities when analyzing a crash. Some people do everything right and die, some people do everything wrong and live. The water landing itself looked text book to me but he didn't get shot down. And I'm not part of the accident investigation. Just saying. I'm impressed. And I think the story just started really when he hit the water.

Comment

• As I watched that news clip, I was thinking, "Heads are going to go flying everywhere". He just missed a few by mere feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                ... youtube enthusiasts aren't the NTSB,....
                                I sometimes type youtube comments, but if I ever run across a video on my actual field of expertise, I take one glace at the comment section and read all the idiocy and just think...."nope." No way am I going to engage and type a comment. It's much easier to summarize my impression when I don't actually understand the underlying details.

Anyway, whatever the reason, the end result is that youtube comment sections show a negative correlation between confidence and competence.

Comment

• Would love an Avenger! Preferably balsa tho, I'd need two... one in military colours, and another I'd redo in the markings of one of the forestry planes I worked beside about 30 years ago (I was just a lowly Cessna pilot).

Comment

• AVENGER Please!

Comment

• I was thinking of a suggestion for the next plane. But thought of something that could benefit the longevity of the planes around the hatch, would it be possible to have a plastic shell around the area of the foam down the lenght where the hatch and and fuselage meet? The reason I asks is, first it would reduce the flex of the hatch (less cracks in the finish of the hatch over time) and second add rigidity to the hatch sections of the fuselage. If you brought the plastic up about a half inch up the sides of the hatch and down the outsides of the hatch space, I feel like that area of wear would be reduced significantly. Anyway just a thought.

Comment

• RM, Acknowledged and Agreed. I have used epoxy (F-4) between the hatch and fuselage. Kind of like we did in the olden days where we used silicone in the wing saddle to better match the wing to the fuselage. The gap on some of these models is 'not attractive' to say the least. Great suggestion, Bro. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          I was thinking of a suggestion for the next plane. But thought of something that could benefit the longevity of the planes around the hatch, would it be possible to have a plastic shell around the area of the foam down the lenght where the hatch and and fuselage meet? The reason I asks is, first it would reduce the flex of the hatch (less cracks in the finish of the hatch over time) and second add rigidity to the hatch sections of the fuselage. If you brought the plastic up about a half inch up the sides of the hatch and down the outsides of the hatch space, I feel like that area of wear would be reduced significantly. Anyway just a thought.
                                          This is basically what E-Flite has done on two of their new planes, the FW 190 and the F-16 80mm EDF jet. I like the idea and implementation because I’m picky and I like to keep my planes looking nice even after hundreds of flights.

Comment

Working...
                                          X