Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is an arrow w wings, is fast, the cheater does help.

Try flying it a little tai heavy and I would go w a 1600.
    I would choose a 5mph to possibly 8mph day to fly it, w some clouds on a somewhat bright sunny day.
    Give it more expo than usual, is super twitchy.
    Be ready, it gets lost quick and good luck

Comment

• Finally took the time to get mine together and fly it. It only sat for 6 months... I added a couple of old 9gm Freewing servos behind the stock servos so that I could run elevator only off those and Aileron only off the stock servos. Not much work. The guy sold it to me with an AR400 so I used the four channels for flapperons and elevator with a "Y". Luckily I had a reverse servo so that was easy too. So I have flaps :) And Elevator to Flap mixing. I flew mine with the 5 blade stock fan, 3s 1800 75c LiPo. No gear but added chassis protector tape under the nose and wingtips for protection on our asphalt runways. Recommended CG. First hand launch gentle toss by a buddy, dead calm, flaps up. What fun, she sank to a few feet off the ground and took forever to get going. This is no P.15! But once on step she flew nicely and got going pretty good. It is a beautiful jet and looks cool. I love these smaller "unusual" jets and prop planes that MRC does, thank you!
      Rolls well, axial, nice point rolls, inverted, etc . The nose doesn't drop too fast in knife edge so I didn't miss the rudder too terribly. Loops are meh, tight, open, starting from a dive, no matter, she just runs out of speed fast and usually flops over without much control authority. The handling is pretty much exactly as MrVoyagerx described. I did a bunch of flights. The flaps work well, subsequent hand launches with half flaps, a bit of a breeze going (5mph?) and a firm toss were easy. Plenty of time to get on the sticks. Full flaps would pitch up and I considered adding down elevator compensation but once it slows down it got on a nice glide path so maybe not necessary. Best thing is it glides pretty well. I could chop the throttle a long way out, or flatter with power, but either way it is dead easy to hit the landing spot. I'd have to add tail weight to get the CG any further back. I'm seriously considering opening up the cheaters as described. That little bit of extra thrust would be nice for launch or acceleration, and maybe a little help over the top of a loop. It is down on power but goes good once it's going and flies scale like. It is a great looking and fun little jet!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrVoyagerx View Post
        Got me another 64mm line edf;

-painted the intakes red, opened the main vent hes on the fuselage about 3mm, and about 5mm on the rear vents close to the ducted fan. Noticed a significant increase in watts, easy to hand launch w a 2200mah, 1600mah to a 1300mah. IMO the 2200mah is the way to go, flies more scale and no shakiness at low speed, 3:30 to almost 4min.
        A thin coating of Elmers glue 75/25 water to protect the decals and get rid off the cheesy shine.
        On a 1300mah sport flying, 2:30 minutes.

The CG is like in the guide, 14-3/8, but a slight tail heavy, so slightly, once in the sky will track as other say, like an arrow/dart.

Loops are so so, rolls are stupid snappy. It does blend w the sky, so a good eye and 100% complete attention. I may cut a little of the bottom skid plate, imo is too much fin under the fuselage.

​​​​​​:Cool:
        I flew mine with your cheater hole mod, dead easy and the hole is already there, duh! This is a great mod, just that much more power really helps. I flew numerous times yesterday in high gusty winds, 10-15 easy and enough to ground my Skymaster Cougar, but toss and boss with the F-105 was great fun. All of your recommends are right on sir. I have my 1800 pack all the way back and extra servos in the tail so it is as far back as its going to get without lead, added expo, good times. I will repeat that adding servos and having flapperons is pretty awesome. I'll try to add a picture.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
            X