• Show
Clear All

• Elbee
    replied
    F22trainer, Congrats,Sir. Welcome to the Phraternity, Brother. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• F22trainer
    replied
    Finally picked one up. It is in the project queue, but is a flying model as received. Has some nose and underside wing rash. Top and overall appearance is probably an 8. Will be reading up on this thread before diving in, but I sure like the size and flight characteristics others have demonstrated with theirs. Gotta finish a couple projects first. Namely the Byron Ryan and a Top Flight Corsair. Going after this one “Mr. Jackson” style…

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Hey locharrow found some aussie f4s 4 u Click image for larger version

Name:	17085903763622639954733589809114.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	397527 Click image for larger version

Name:	17085908235476006043934049802419.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	397529 Click image for larger version

Name:	17085906525881847305753898978083.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	397528

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Well done f4u...it's only after the breek wetting first few flights that you can really enjoy the beast. My grey lad is no further forward but both weather and my wee bout of sciatica is improving so hope to get back on form soon.

Regarding the reverse thrust problem mk.......be careful, I went down that route with an edf , flicked reverse switch with full power and turned the plane inside out....very difficult repair...

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Hi guys my f4 has 4 flights now... last 2 awsome. Got the setup very close.. absolutely luv it,, but as instructed, keep an eye on elevator bits and bobs..... sooo elevator servo wobbly in its foam home.. have epoxy that 4 couple more flights,, i no part no 4 another hi teck servo ,, but need part no (hopefully ) for linkage etc (dubro)

Leave a comment:

• mkbrower
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion, I don't have any throttle mixes. Throttle and reverse trigger are on two different channels. The reverse function does work but only up to 15-20 percent throttle and then it shuts off.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Look in your transmitter monitor screen. Sounds like you have your throttle mixed to your reverse channel.

Leave a comment:

• mkbrower
    replied
    I have a question concerning the ESC and the reverse thrust feature. I'm not sure what is going on but when I close the throttle and select the reverse thrust switch, the motor reverses but when I get over a certain throttle set point it will switch back to forward thrust. This is my first plane with reverse thrust and my radio is a frsky x20s. Hoping someone can help or get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Awsome pic locharrow. Any time frame of that....,?? Must find some of our Aussie. F4s. Don't forget pics of ya grey one.

And I see now there is a 6 s. 1960 KV available Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231218_190450.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	397156

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Just getting the new Freewing Grey F4 ready for the maiden flight.... Hugh...eat your heart out Click image for larger version

Name:	ready.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	397138

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Verrrrrrry nice...........gorgeous pics.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Finally got my 8S F4 Jolly Rodgers maiden in. That 8S fan is outstanding on this airframe! When MRC gets more fans in, I need to upgrade my F4 Blue Angel and the F16 to 8S. Flew it on Danny's new SMC 8S HiV 5900mah pack weighing in at 943 gr. Holy Cow, that pack is fantastic, just like his 6S HiV 5900. Got over 6 minutes flight time. We maidened it at dusk, so the video is mostly pictures and some flying video, but it was getting dark quickly. Started at my normal F4 CG I have on the other 2 at 194mm, but moved the pack back twice totaling about 2" so I'm not sure where I ended, maybe around 200mm or more, but it definitely flies and lands best there, keeping a nice nose up attitude on landing. I'll check the balance tomorrow to find out where I ended up but for some reason, it's definitely further back than my 6S versions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Q.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	396352 Click image for larger version

Name:	K.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	396356 Click image for larger version

Name:	W.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	396353 Click image for larger version

Name:	V.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	396354 Click image for larger version

Name:	F.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	396355 Click image for larger version

Name:	C.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	396357 Click image for larger version

Name:	Y.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	396358

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    " Me in 1979 aboard the USS Midway." Come on...that's Steve McQueen ............

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post
    Me in 1979 aboard the USS Midway. My buddy and I set this shot up with a 35mm camera I bought just prior to deployment. He took one of me I took one of him. It’s striking the Angle of Attack on that F-4.
    JPR,

Great shot and quite the adventure for a young man, my friend.

In '79 and just one year outta college; I hardly knew ****e from shoe polish.

Bravo Zulu.

Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• jetpltrich
    replied

Name:	IMG_3931.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	396198 Me in 1979 aboard the USS Midway. My buddy and I set this shot up with a 35mm camera I bought just prior to deployment. He took one of me I took one of him. It’s striking the Angle of Attack on that F-4.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by locharrow View Post
    Another goodie....was going to say it was my new F4 but too many detectives on this site.....
    LA, I was going to ask for your LE Mod files. Now what? Grrrrreat pic. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Another goodie....was going to say it was my new F4 but too many detectives on this site..... Click image for larger version

Name:	banking f4.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	396185

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    skyowa, I hear ya, Brother. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• skyowa
    replied
    Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    locharrow I feel for you and that is why we have winter projects.

Heatwave here today, 38oF (That's 3 and third Co for you), either way it is cold.

Back in the meat-locker after today with single digit lows until Sunday.

We did have a bit of an "OOPS" here at home, "someone" (no names to protect the innocent) left an outside spigot open with the "Y" splitter for the garden hoses closed.

"Y" Splitter is plastic, so it cracked and has been spewing water for at least a day maybe longer. (I thought it was just snow until I looked harder)

Made for a large chunk of ice, so I figure I need to go to the store and get a bottle of Bombay and some Schepp's.

Best, LB

Name:	IMG_1600.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	395110 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1599.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	395111

southerners... we just pulled out of a winter storm/blizzard with temps down to -18F, had one day where it almost got above freezing and now we're starting a 3" snow and windchill warnings again. On the other hand it took me a couople plumbing bills as a homeowner to remeber to disconnect hose etc from "frost free" spigot...

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    locharrow.

Love that picture.

Is that Euro 2 Camo?

A glossy black nose, very nice.

Hey, you got this.

Best, LB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X