Clear All

• Evan D
    replied
    That's a great 6S system. leave it 6S.

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Is the MiG17 fan and ESC the stock one? It’s not enough for the FW F-4.
    Found it its 1835 kv 12 blade inrunner with the 125 gecho esc, i undersand the weight diff the latest 6s f4 have 1950kv or theirabout will the 1835 i hav b good if i start 6s then convert to 8 s

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by locharrow View Post
    This one is special. We, the British, took the F4 Phantom and give it some real class............none of your Andy Warhol stuff, more ..........Gainsborough........ Click image for larger version

Name:	f41111.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	386977
    LA, She's a beauty!. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    Hi guys looking at my next one for the hanger(they r slowly increasing yea) hav had my eye on this for a long long time... but new i needed to improve my skills.. jets so far dynam me 262 a puppy,, avous mig 17 also a puppy.. then 70 mm fwing f35 and struggled a bit with that,, now have al37 easy peasy,, im not sure about 3 min flight times on this,, its not long... i have a hi perf innrunner and esc ,out of the mig,, but can get an 8s here for not alot more... so u guys may me help on the 8s flight times,,, lastly i can get a fwing couger instead ,,, may b better choice, b4 the f4.. just not sure which way to jump thanx in advance
    Agree with Evan, the 8S version is outstanding. With that said, I'm not sure your next EDF should be the F4. Don't get me wrong, I love it and have 2 of them, but it flies a bit different from other warbird EDF's. I got my 1st one as soon as it came out, but it was only my 2nd EDF after a Stinger 90. It took me a while (and I got a lot of practice and proficient at repairing foam EDF's from this one ) to learn how to fly it. You need to fly it scale and it won't disappoint. No slow high alphas, which it does not recover from, and needs to be balanced close to the manual. It has no cheater air holes so can "starve" for air at the wrong speed and orientation. On all my EDF's I'm a minimum of 20-40mm behind manual recommendation, except this one which I fly at 195mm, only 5mm behind manual recommendations, so it definitely likes to be more nose heavy than others. Any further back and it gets twitchy and a bit unstable. You've got to get your landing skills down pat, slow enough to land with the nose just up a bit (otherwise you'll break the nose pin) but not so slow it stalls. It took me maybe 20 or more flights to feel comfortable with it, but after you do, it is one of the best flying EDF's I have, usually the first in the air to get my juices going. With that said, you may want to go with the 8S Eurofighter or F22. Both fly very easily and landing with the nose up is a breeze, as they both seem to want to stick their nose up at everyone when coming in at about 25% throttle. Just a thought, others might feel different but that's my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    1390kv? 5000 8s should be good for 4 minutes with throttle management.

that would be a great set up for the F-4

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Esc is gecho 125 cant find the fan will after work

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Its a fwing comlete unit

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    No of the top of my head the mig was 1500 kv out and upgrada to alluminum cas 1930 kv innrunner and 125 amp aftermarket hardcased esc from motian.. cant think of the name

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Is the MiG17 fan and ESC the stock one? It’s not enough for the FW F-4.

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    And of will need to buy 4s batts

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Hi guys looking at my next one for the hanger(they r slowly increasing yea) hav had my eye on this for a long long time... but new i needed to improve my skills.. jets so far dynam me 262 a puppy,, avous mig 17 also a puppy.. then 70 mm fwing f35 and struggled a bit with that,, now have al37 easy peasy,, im not sure about 3 min flight times on this,, its not long... i have a hi perf innrunner and esc ,out of the mig,, but can get an 8s here for not alot more... so u guys may me help on the 8s flight times,,, lastly i can get a fwing couger instead ,,, may b better choice, b4 the f4.. just not sure which way to jump thanx in advance

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    This one is special. We, the British, took the F4 Phantom and give it some real class............none of your Andy Warhol stuff, more ..........Gainsborough........ Click image for larger version

Views:	563
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	386977

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Another impressive pic..... Click image for larger version

Views:	349
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	386711

Leave a comment:

• mrxw393
    replied
    Ok Hugh good to know. I've been looking around for those SMC hiv packs,but on this side of the planet they are very hard to get.
    I'll keep flying the Zee packs I have for now and hopefully soon SMC or a distributor will get some stock.
    There are times when I envy you guys in the States, between free post deals with kits I read about at times, availability of parts it must be great being in a much larger country with a far bigger market to cater for compared to Australia and with good reason might I add.

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    "For me, the F4 gets squirrelly too far back and stalls easily," Not only the plane that gets squirrelly when the CG is a shade too far back Hugh! ..found that out when I had a loose battery strap. . Editing late afternoon...just back from first afterburner flights...excellent.....love it .

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I agree, fine line between awesome and tail heavy.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by mrxw393 View Post
    I'll wait and read your comparison when you post it.
    Thanks for posting :)
    I don't have any more info to post on batts for an 8S F4. For now, I'm leaving my 2 F4's on the big 12 blade 6S inrunner. My flying buddy has similar results, although not on an F4, with his 8S F22 / F16 / Eurofighter as I did. Same or more flight time and better "handling" using SMC HiV 4400's (2 4S batts in his case) than their HiV 5300's or 6200's, so we're both convinced some models handle weight worse. The F4 is the only jet I have that's balanced close to manual cg. I'm back only 6 extra mm with that one, yet every other jet I have is at least 25-50mm further aft. For me, the F4 gets squirrelly too far back and stalls easily, which may contribute to the need to keep the weight down.

Leave a comment:

• mrxw393
    replied
    Hi Hugh, I think your right about the battery weight and this is why I haven't got a second set of batteries yet. I hadn't considered using high voltage packs it sounds like the way to go going off the results you've had.
    I'll wait and read your comparison when you post it.
    Thanks for posting :)

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by mrxw393 View Post
    Hello all, wow there's a hell of of a lot to read here!! Some great information. As much as I love my 8s Phantom I would like to ask what sort of flight times are others getting?
    I am using a pair of Zee 4s 7000 mah batteries that have done 8 flights and I'm just getting 3 minutes out of it. I am using some throttle management but I'm a bit surprised the flight time isn't a bit closer to 4 minutes. I noticed the flight times on post number 3771 and that really makes me wonder.
    I would welcome any feedback, thanks.
    Not sure this will help at all. I have two 6S F-4's, both with the 4068 12 blade (I'll get to some 8S comparison shortly). Been flying them on the SMC 6200 HiV 6S cells, weight 848 gr with timer set at 3:40, always come down after pushing it hard at or beyond the time and have over 20%. Just tried the new SMC HiV 5900's, weight 740 gr (same balance point so moved batteries a bit forward) and with the loss of 100 gr, even though a slightly less mah, I'm up over 4:00 with over 20% left. It flies much better with less weight. I do have the 8S Eurofighter and fly it on a single 8S SMC HiV 4400 weight 780 gr and get about 4:30 on it. Tried it with the single 8S SMC HiV 5300 at 964 gr (184 gr more plus needed more tail weight) and didn't get much more flight time and it did not perform with the same agility. So my question is, how much do the 2 7000's weigh together. I'm guessing about 1,200 gr. That's almost one pound heavier than the F-4's I'm flying, and it's still the same airframe as your 8S. The extra power is great, but the extra weight needed to push it is not.

I have several 8S EDF's that are outstanding but it's always a battle with trying to keep the weight down and take advantage of the extra power. You may want to try a lighter pack and see if that helps in any way. Just a thought, probably not worth much.

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Tx LB….I hope I don’t focus on the tail too much and watch it disappear into the void!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X