First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GliderGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    Maiden next weekend weather dependant... have checked elev linkage,, and everything.. but nervous about that knurled elev shaft.. anybody had the elev slip on that shaft??? Easy to put couple flatspots on that shaft ,, line up so they r even would b fun but doable.. at full elev gota b lota force on that joint just thinkin outaloud again.. likely should read thru this thread ( o boy its long like the corsair thread)
    Most common to upgrade the stock elevator hardware. Suggest a 4-40 threaded rod and DU BRO heavy duty connecting hardware for 4-40 rod.

I lost an F-4 using stock hardware…snapped at the ball connecting end.

Good luck on your maiden.

-GG

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Maiden next weekend weather dependant... have checked elev linkage,, and everything.. but nervous about that knurled elev shaft.. anybody had the elev slip on that shaft??? Easy to put couple flatspots on that shaft ,, line up so they r even would b fun but doable.. at full elev gota b lota force on that joint just thinkin outaloud again.. likely should read thru this thread ( o boy its long like the corsair thread)

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    La happy u didnt do major damage,,, i too charge the night b4,, and check it b4 every flight (too easy to mess it up) no maiden yet waiting for new electonics(spektrum nx7e) will need 6 new receivers now.. one on the way... $160 au for one as3x rx.. oh boy... looking 4rwd too no trim req every flight...... anyway.. ive been busy with her make up again... the camo liveries respond well to simple dirtying. Inc yellow missile tips(not sure scale) but i like it

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Charge as close to before you fly as you can, no more than the day before. Do not plug anything in until you are ready to fly, minutes before at most. Check the battery voltage before you plug in, every time. Unplug after flight, immediately. If you do not use the battery discharge it to 3.8V per cell as soon as possible. Do kit vary from this, get in a routine.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    LA, good debrief, it seems most accidents are avoidable. Chock it up to experience and give yourself a "Gibb's Slap" for good measure. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Kat ass trophy today. I had charged the battery a couple of days back, put it in the plane and plugged in the "afterburner" lead, Loaded the beast into the car intending to fly but when I got to the park there were dog walkers. Came back home, left the plane in the car with the burner lead still attached. Went out today great conditions, took off OK but a few seconds into the flight the power just died. Managed to bank it round and "land" but came down heavy on the nose gear. That popped the gear mount out of place. . Checked the battery and the cells connecting the burner were way down to 3.8.Last time I'll be doing that!. Not too bad a repair but spoiled a good run of accident free flights...

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    My maiden was unintentional....high speed taxi trial in the park and up it went ! Advice? 75% of throws advised and stick in 20% or so expo with slightly forward CG and you can't go wrong. Don't haul it off early, squeeze it up. Good luck...don't get to enthralled watching it and forget to control it.........easily done......

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Long weekend coming up the melboure cup ( your kentucky derby) any way so if weathr good ,, should get maiden done.... the rc geek( chris wolf) has his low rates at aileron 21mm elevator 20 mm ,, agood amount less than the book,,,,,, i will be happy to get up and down( scale ok by me) safely ,, so hopeing for thoughts on reguler flyers rates .. thanx in advance

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    While you boffins are on the boil, I set the timing on the new Freewing 1750 at Auto... (YEP 150 ESC) any advice on that?

ps.......... that head slap thing..........my wife always does that and that it is a way of expressing affection ...................

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	ncis-tony-dinozzo.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	389417

f4u ausie . I call "...a very gentle slap..." a 'Gibbs slap'.

I believe more of a loving wake up call than an act of frustration.

The opposite of "That's okay, you tried, and look here's your 'participation trophy'."

Picture is of "271" Gate Guard at KsANG West Gate, McConnell AFB.

Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	37848448_655998304763634_23341845878669312_n.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	389419
    Funny man eellbb always luv your piks

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied

f4u ausie ​. I call "...a very gentle slap..." a 'Gibbs slap'.

I believe more of a loving wake up call than an act of frustration.

The opposite of "That's okay, you tried, and look here's your 'participation trophy'."

Picture is of "271" Gate Guard at KsANG West Gate, McConnell AFB.

Best, LB

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Havnt checked elev linkage yet,,, but it has a 120 amp esc ,, which suits the 6s..... but does hav the 1350 kv fan.... again not sookin ,, just informing... and its nothing to do with motian,,, should hav 150 amp for 8 s oh well.. all else is good,,, its still the sexyest peice of foam iv ever seen ...... dont think maiden this wend. But nervous slash itchen for the next weekend... so when familiar with 6s flight,,, will need a 150 amp esc... someone at freewing needs a very gentle slap..( na just kiddin)

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    f4u ausie, Congratulations. You are going to love that airframe. Check the Elevator linkage. Just sayin'. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    No, the ESC will be good with the 6S set up too.

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Its here what an awsome peice of foam decals aplied ( no fun) o well .. its 8s pnp ,,, and has a reverse esc( upgrade i guess)... not one too sook... but checking motor mounts to fit 6 s system ,, noticed wood mounts not glued in place(after remove foam housing) o well easy fix( glue) but . One q too ask (think i no the answer) do i need to change the 150 esc to suit the 6s powerplant,, (think not) that i will fit,,,

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    But you may have to modify the plane to put it in. And maybe extend motor wires. The FW is drop in.

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Originally posted by F4U Corsair View Post
    Thanks, I’ll be replacing the entire edf unit.
    Not to confuse you further F4U but the FMS 1835 is also a good fan.......Edit....Evan in the next post is right .....some foam needs relieved for it, forgot about that. The FMS is in my other F4 that is too good to fly ......Think there are only 2 holes each side as opposed the FW 3.

Leave a comment:

• F4U Corsair
    replied
    Thanks, I’ll be replacing the entire edf unit.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    If the fan will fit, as I said there are various mounting adapters, the 1750 of the two but the 1750 is less rpm than the 1900 so you may want to also go 12 blades on the fan.

Leave a comment:

• F4U Corsair
    replied
    Thanks, good info. I currently have the 1900kv 9 blade EDF unit. I would like more upline power. Would you go with the 1750kv or the 1960kv? Does the extra weight from the 1750kv motor offset the gains in thrust? I fly mine with 5200-5300 mAH Lipos currently to keep it lighter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X