locharrow Great photo. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mee.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	391656 Now the weather has cleared I thought I'd do a few circuits in the big model before taking out the Freewing F4..........

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Not sure about your search skills. I see it listed under the F-22, F-4, Zeus, Eurofighter and F/A-18C... For some it's listed in both 6S and 8S versions and for some multiple paint schemes. Looks like it's out of stock though.

Freewing 120A ESC with 8A BEC with Reverse Thrust Function [070D002010] Motion RC

In stock-

Freewing 120A ESC with 8A BEC and Reverse Thrust Function [092D002001] Motion RC

Leave a comment:

• themudduck
    replied
    hey - the only ESC that has reversing on the parts page is the 6S 100amp (for 80mm). Evan said in a previous post that the new 90mm planes are supplied with a larger 120amp reversing ESC... but its not for sale separately - will it be for sale in the future?

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I was thinking it but wasn't going to say slap yourself.... :)

Hugh's is the older version.

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Yes i think its me that needs that gib slap,, from freewing,, was just looking at rc castle website,, and clearly it saiys 8s 1350 kv 5300 g thrust at 115 amps.. just
    was confused the box as hugh said,, says 150 amp for 8s.. thanx 4 everbodys help..

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Read the label. Does it say 8S?

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    The 8S planes used to have the big BLACK 8S 150A ESC with a separate BEC and antispark. They have now started coming with a smaller blue 8S 120A ESC with built in BEC, reversing, and no antispark.

F-4D Phantom II "Ghost Grey" Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31232P

Version Info: This is the 8S version which, as of 9/20/2023, comes with a 90mm 12 Blade EDF 8S Power System with a newly designed 4075-1350Kv inrunner motor and a thrust reversing 120A ESC.
    Sorry to b painful ,, does that mean when i put the 8s fan back in i can use the blue 120,, or will it need the 150. Thanx evan

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    The 8S planes used to have the big BLACK 8S 150A ESC with a separate BEC and antispark. They have now started coming with a smaller blue 8S 120A ESC with built in BEC, reversing, and no antispark.

F-4D Phantom II "Ghost Grey" Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31232P

Version Info: This is the 8S version which, as of 9/20/2023, comes with a 90mm 12 Blade EDF 8S Power System with a newly designed 4075-1350Kv inrunner motor and a thrust reversing 120A ESC.

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Double check that ESC, 8s 120A reversing is the new one being put in all the 8S planes and the 90m 6S ones.
    But its meant to have 150 amp .. ??? Im sure... maybe the whole fwing .. factory needs one of elbees gibbs slaps

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    f4u ausie and Evan D . Haven't pulled the ESC out to confirm yet with the holidays, but will next week. On the box and Improvement Notice inside, it "Claims" the ESC in the 8S version is 150 A reversing with 5A UBEC with the 12 blade 4075 1390 Kv inrunner. Also on the box it lists for the 6S version the 130A with 8A UBEC and the 9 blade 3672-1900 Kv inrunner. So we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Double check that ESC, 8s 120A reversing is the new one being put in all the 8S planes and the 90m 6S ones.

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    Anyone got a good Home Depot match for the top and bottom of the Grey Ghost version? Looked through hundreds of post and couldn't find them, but fairly certain someone posted them. I just got a 3rd F4, an 8S Ghost Grey and darn if they didn't put the decals on already. Obviously removing the decals is going to scar the base paint and I'm going with a different livery so hoping to paint over the Marines decals at least. I'll give the HD a try anyway, but sometimes ours is hit or miss and I'd like to at least have a starting point. Really wish they wouldn't do that!
    Hugh im sure u will check,, but my apparent 8s verion had the 8s fan but only 6s 120 amp esc... and its a reversing esc , i too wish they woul leave the decals off.. no home depo here,,, im sure it will look awsome.. hav fun

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Anyone got a good Home Depot match for the top and bottom of the Grey Ghost version? Looked through hundreds of post and couldn't find them, but fairly certain someone posted them. I just got a 3rd F4, an 8S Ghost Grey and darn if they didn't put the decals on already. Obviously removing the decals is going to scar the base paint and I'm going with a different livery so hoping to paint over the Marines decals at least. I'll give the HD a try anyway, but sometimes ours is hit or miss and I'd like to at least have a starting point. Really wish they wouldn't do that!

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Stuck in a standard size Spektrum analogue servo with gorilla glue....never a problem...survived everything I've thrown at it, trees ,bushes, ridiculously stupid landings (never pilot error) and even crashes but the servo is still working fine and looks as if it will out last me!!

Leave a comment:

• GliderGuy
    replied
    I went with the MKS HV69 servo. Note: It is smaller in physical size, so you will need to cut out a piece of thin plywood or carbon sheet and make an adapter plate.

This servo has performed reliably in my P-38, F-4, and MiG-29 <crashed from alpha lock> planes over thousands of total flights. It has plenty of output torque for the F-4.

-GG

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Thanx guys. Will get maiden done.. very carefully and change,, fix,,, all of that... I've seen a part no. For the servo. Somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• rlcamden
    replied
    Not only did I change out the servo and pushrod, i added a servo support plate for a little added insurance (https://cults3d.com/:1034029). If you have access to a 3D printer, or someone that can print it for you, I would recommend the same. It was printed in ASA, light and strong.

Leave a comment:

• nuts-n-volts
    replied
    Besides a solid pushrod/ball-joint connection, I would also check the oem elevator servo to foam glue joint. Notorious for getting wonky after a few flights.

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    "Maiden next weekend weather dependant.." I'm thinking about changing my hobby to boats..... this is what we had to contend with over the past two weeks.... Click image for larger version

Name:	blairgowrie.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	390938

Leave a comment:

Working...
X