Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locharrow
    replied
    When we Brits come in to land ...we do it with atmosphere.....................

Click image for larger version

Name:	atmosphere.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	392993

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    locharrow . Merry Christmas, too. Best, Steve

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Well done f4u...get it fixed up and now you know the ropes for getting it to fly the way you want it. I was very lucky because I didn't have a nervous build up to the maiden flight. I was doing fast taxi runs in the local park, not my usual site, when myF4 left the ground. I continued and did a circuit, landed OK then went home and changed my pants! Been through several escapades since but it is all in the hobby! Again, well done.

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    Done and dusted.... took alot to rotate,, but once up it jumped up.... bit pitch sensative may reduce elev travel but to be honest its ovrall very stable... timer was set at 240.. so down at 3 minuts and 3,8 per cell.. not enuf elev flap mix,, so no flaps on landing.... was a bit fast mayb.... released my flare a bit early ,, and it landed hard,, took out one main gear.. easy fix.. overall very happy.. to b honest the 6s is fast enuf.. cg was 180 not the190 (rich bakers fault)
    Glad its in one piece, flight modes work great when it comes to setting up flaps/elev. mix on the maiden. It is a very nice flying F-4 once trimmed and all that, just don't get it to slow in the turns. I had my son film mine when I had it several yrs ago, his first time filming with my phone so its not that good but you can see the downwind and turn to base as well as a stabilized approach I did on that day at sunset, full flaps and trimmed just right it lands very well.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    f4u ausie My congratulations, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Done and dusted.... took alot to rotate,, but once up it jumped up.... bit pitch sensative may reduce elev travel but to be honest its ovrall very stable... timer was set at 240.. so down at 3 minuts and 3,8 per cell.. not enuf elev flap mix,, so no flaps on landing.... was a bit fast mayb.... released my flare a bit early ,, and it landed hard,, took out one main gear.. easy fix.. overall very happy.. to b honest the 6s is fast enuf.. cg was 180 not the190 (rich bakers fault)

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    F4uAussie, You will be fine, Sir. Keep power up a bit in your turns. You have much more power than older OEM stock set up. As stated, you will be fine. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Its been sh?..t here 2cople good days in the last 2 WEEKS of course only when ya gota go to work.... so off to work again (saturday morn here) and take my batteries to charge. So thisarvo or tmorra mornhoping... ye im sweating...nervous.. crashed 70 mm f35 on maiden but that was 4 years ago(about) way more flying since that howbout a pik of ya newy lockarrow i will also get a grey ghost after xmas arf plus cause i got that 1350 8s looking at me when out in the garage(hanger) which is every day after work... hope all of your weather improves still deciding on scheme ..for the next one i like sundowner,, but we will see.. buy 4 now

Leave a comment:

• nuts-n-volts
    replied
    That's funny, Loch. I had this old begruzzled drunk for a 1st Class Petty Officer on board my aircraft carrier. He'd tell us all these stories about weather conditions on this trip or that ship during those days. Every story ended with, "...and then it got worse!"

Leave a comment:

• Mark 2
    replied
    Originally posted by locharrow View Post
    Miserable...cold..unwelcoming...foreboding...and that is just the wife, the weather is even worse! No flying for a few weeks now, weather and circumstances just ain't right at the moment. Can't see any more flying till 2024. New F4 is finished so I now have two to maiden. Still looking for the video of your maiden f4u aussie, hope that goes well...i.
    LOL! Same here, the weather that is!

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Miserable...cold..unwelcoming...foreboding...and that is just the wife, the weather is even worse! No flying for a few weeks now, weather and circumstances just ain't right at the moment. Can't see any more flying till 2024. New F4 is finished so I now have two to maiden. Still looking for the video of your maiden f4u aussie, hope that goes well...i.

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    With regards to all this.. I did a calculation.. 2 actually.. 4.2 volts×6s × 1835 KV.... And same calculation for 8s. 1350 KV. .. I was surprised to see. That the 6s was around 1000 rpm more total.. so will that 120 amp esc still b good for the 6s. Or should I put in the 125 gecho I have

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    You are very welcome. It is confusing.

Leave a comment:

• themudduck
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Not sure about your search skills. I see it listed under the F-22, F-4, Zeus, Eurofighter and F/A-18C... For some it's listed in both 6S and 8S versions and for some multiple paint schemes. Looks like it's out of stock though.

Freewing 120A ESC with 8A BEC with Reverse Thrust Function [070D002010] Motion RC

In stock-

Freewing 120A ESC with 8A BEC and Reverse Thrust Function [092D002001] Motion RC
    Thanks Evan, I was looking under Power/Electronic Speed Controls/Airplane and Heli ESCs and then sorted to show only ones more than 100A - and this one is NOT listed there. (There are 33 total) For some reason Motion doesn't seems to list all of the ESCs in the ESC section. Isn't it odd, these two seem identical but have two different part numbers. They can both handle 3S - 8S apparently. Anyway thanks a lot for posting the links....

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    f4u ausie, lookin' good, Sir. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• ElCid
    replied
    Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    Been learning again.. no maiden just yet,, we had lockarrow rain this past week ..i felt like daffy duck.... so been watchin scale modler etc.... new technuiqes( spelling wrong again) still learning but having fuuun 30 degrees now this week will dry out the runway water around 90 f desperatly hopeing maiden next sunday
    Looks well used, nice job!

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Been learning again.. no maiden just yet,, we had lockarrow rain this past week ..i felt like daffy duck.... so been watchin scale modler etc.... new technuiqes( spelling wrong again) still learning but having fuuun 30 degrees now this week will dry out the runway water around 90 f desperatly hopeing maiden next sunday

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    locharrow Great photo. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mee.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	391656 Now the weather has cleared I thought I'd do a few circuits in the big model before taking out the Freewing F4..........

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Not sure about your search skills. I see it listed under the F-22, F-4, Zeus, Eurofighter and F/A-18C... For some it's listed in both 6S and 8S versions and for some multiple paint schemes. Looks like it's out of stock though.

Freewing 120A ESC with 8A BEC with Reverse Thrust Function [070D002010] Motion RC

In stock-

Freewing 120A ESC with 8A BEC and Reverse Thrust Function [092D002001] Motion RC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X