Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww man! You went and burst my bubble.. LOL But you hate waiting for parts! Maybe they will pull another under promise and over deliver. Time will tell. :Cool:

Comment

• Its not going to show up to the party without a date.
      My nose buds can smell more than just Camo paint in the wind.

Plane

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Aww man! You went and burst my bubble.. LOL But you hate waiting for parts! Maybe they will pull another under promise and over deliver. Time will tell. :Cool:
        Lol, sorry for bursting your bubble. Trust me, no one would be happier than me if Alpha and team said, "Hey guys, we can't believe it either but the boat got here early!!" And yes, I may not be a Millennial but I have zero patience and hate waiting for parts for sure. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by barron06 View Post

I can only comment on the stock 80mm fw (outrunner) fan vs 80 fms (inrunner) in my F5 (both 12 blade), both 6s The difference was night and day. Granted the fms 80 is an in-runner. Now, the fms 90mm is an out-runner 12 blade but I've read the blade pitch is a little lower than the fw 12b, so folks think it might yield better performance but I do not have one, afaik this is unconfirmed.

The thing is that the F-4 90mm is a 9-blade system, and it's been confirmed that it is no slouch. I have the 9-b 80s in my A-10. They struck a perfect match. Going slow, then going vertical while punching it, the 14lb bird actually seems to accelerate for a second or 2 going straight up. Besides it's lighter (like the fms fans).

Some prefer the older, 12b 6s system for the swoosh sound. I went with the 12b but 8s system because I wanted the weight and I heard it was ~25 mph faster than the 9b 6s. Also, the fact that it's only 70.00 more made the decision easy.
          So, which is the better performing of the two 80mm fans - the FW or the FMS? I couldn't tell from your wording.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post

Lol, sorry for bursting your bubble. Trust me, no one would be happier than me if Alpha and team said, "Hey guys, we can't believe it either but the boat got here early!!" And yes, I may not be a Millennial but I have zero patience and hate waiting for parts for sure. :)
            I am still hopeful. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by toothbuzz@hotmail.com View Post

So, which is the better performing of the two 80mm fans - the FW or the FMS? I couldn't tell from your wording.
              12b 80mm FW outrunner vs 12b 80mm fms inrunner....FMS all the way. I used to have to fight get my F-5 up on my grass field.. now it's a non-issue. I did not do a real world comparison with fw 80mm 9b but I can say I have all the power I want in my A-10. Hope this clears things up.

Comment

• Ok, thanks! I, too, have to fly from grass and I've been thinking of getting the FMS 90mm 1900kv for my Stinger. I've read the comments about amp draw. I have a 155A esc so that shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

• That little green flying wing evaded Spidey radar.....Hmmmm....lets see what happens.
                  Did it come by air....or ?

Pete

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post

And ordered! :bluecool
                    If you got the center afterburner can you tell me what current it pulls at full brightness ? Thanks seeing if I can power them off my ESC's BEC from a receiver port, so hopefully no more than an amp ...,

Comment

• Great pics Tony, soooo nice a model...

Comment

• Is it here yet? :)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	EB00912B-6966-4597-95AB-9DDD0A7F6FF1.jpeg
Views:	535
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	122241 Testing out some suspension lines and shock band with a demo chute for the F-4 Phantom. Btw I’m using my A-10 for the demo

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Anyone else finding this month going by so slooooooooooow!!!LOL

Comment

• Maybe these will help hold you over ...

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	122277Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	122278Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	122279Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	122280
                                  Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                  Great pics Tony, soooo nice a model...
                                  Thanks Mate! Exciting time for the EDF community. While we're finally receiving some much needed rain here in California, I had time to go through more pics and found these to share. Enjoy!

Comment

• Boy these are the Golden Years of RC EDF are they not?
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                                      Maybe these will help hold you over ...
                                      No Jon, that actually just makes it worse... :Drooling:

Comment

• Was this new Phantom tested like in the video?

For those of you who missed the first installment or are otherwise curious to know what's going on (beyond the obvious), the other video is here: https://www...

Comment

• no dust on the tires and no tracks...hmmm
                                          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
                                          X