Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to create them in autocad. I used dimensioned photos / diagrams. Once I post some pics, any feedback will be welcome.

Comment

Gotcha. Yea, I was very curious about source drawings since I have the BRU-41 and BRU-42 high on my to-do list for CADing up and printing. Working on LAU-117 and higher fidelity AGM-65s currently.

Comment

So in the videos about these parts we see a canopy mod, is that in the works from motion?

Comment

My cad skills are pretty rusty, I wish I had drawings to go off of. I couldn't get the scale fidelity I wanted with the ejector racks for fear of weakness in the airflow. Here is what I have so far:

Comment

Well, I'd say those look dang good, apmech1! :Cool:

I've been working on pylons for the wing stations along with 370Gal drop tanks for the Freewing 70mm F-16. I hope to have them ready for folks to test out soon.

Comment

I am working on making the fuse for the nose of the bomb.

Comment

Looking good, apmech1.

Bbaumer, my canopy mod just shows the potentIal for people considering the ladder 3DPUP, which requires at least the front canopy to be cut open for the ladder to latch into the cockpit itself. I've heard of some people buying a spare canopy/cockpit to use as static display on the flight line. As for rigging a functioning, flight-safe canopy... industrious modelers will need to cut the canopy and frame it to keep everything rigid during opening and especially during flight. Ply, styrene, or 3DP ABS could work well here.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Nice apmech1,

One tip I can share from my modeling experience is that 1:1 modeling can make things easier when working off full scale drawings with dimensions, but sharp edges and small details may not properly translate when you scale down for 3dprinting. with typical nozzles being 0.4mm for hobby printers you will notice a degradation of detail on anything that starts to reach 0.4mm and smaller. The sway braces on your BRU-42 might not print properly if the diameter is too small, and the printer might just deposit small blobs rather than run circular perimeters when it reaches those details.

Don't want to derail this thread too much, but check out the 3DP thread for more discussion:

Comment

Cool, i will check that out, thanks for the tip! I will scale it down in cad and see how the print layout looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      Looking good, apmech1.

Bbaumer, my canopy mod just shows the potentIal for people considering the ladder 3DPUP, which requires at least the front canopy to be cut open for the ladder to latch into the cockpit itself. I've heard of some people buying a spare canopy/cockpit to use as static display on the flight line. As for rigging a functioning, flight-safe canopy... industrious modelers will need to cut the canopy and frame it to keep everything rigid during opening and especially during flight. Ply, styrene, or 3DP ABS could work well here.

So they are juat glued static Alpha?

Comment

Trying my hand at an AIM7 Sparrow for the underside, I'm a 2d Draftsman by trade, having to learn the modeling as I go.

I'll say this, a 1/11th scale sparrow is huge!

Comment

Those look great! And, just about the right scale for my FW F-16. :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                            Those look great! And, just about the right scale for my FW F-16. :Cool:
                            If I get them to print well, I'll be happy to share the files, still working through things . I did get a test print of the tail nozzle looking fairly good and smooth
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	126167

[EDIT] and here's the nose piece, now I just need some tubes and fins, both are pretty easy prints

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	126168

Comment

Yeah, that looks pretty nice. :Cool:

Comment

The best part about modeling ordinance for the A-10 is there is a lot of overlap with the F-4. Here is an AN/ALQ-119 I made specifically for the hog, but can scale down and use on the phantom as well

Comment

That looks awesome! What scale are you guys using for the F-4? I test printed an aim7 @ 1/11.59 scale. I dont have the plane to compare (yet mid-May ;) it to.

Comment

my bad, I was using the wrong length for the full scale Phantom. the scale I am calculating now is1/12.389381.

Comment

My canopies are propped up for static display. I fly with a stock canopy/cover.

Comment

Keep going on the Sparrow! I want to print a couple for the forward stations.

The sky really is the limit with this 3DP stuff.

Name:	IMG_20180401_040739.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	126215

Comment

WOW, Alpha! That's some beautiful work! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X