Clear All

• Now you tell me! :)
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      Now you tell me! :)
      I had a late brain fart lol

Comment

• Not to be duplicating efforts, but I made a 600 gallon centerline tank as well. Bartered with dlxpkg for a pair of wing bags for my A-10 in return for a printed centerline tank:)

Some design differences from apmech1's, like utilizing the stock FW hardware as well as I added the aft sway braces. Will upload to thingiverse after I finish printing them and make sure they are good.

Comment

• DD,

I like your idea of adding just the slot for the slide on attachment. Less supports needed that way. Looking forward to seeing it on thingiverse!
          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
            Not to be duplicating efforts, but I made a 600 gallon centerline tank as well. Bartered with dlxpkg for a pair of wing bags for my A-10 in return for a printed centerline tank:)

Some design differences from apmech1's, like utilizing the stock FW hardware as well as I added the aft sway braces. Will upload to thingiverse after I finish printing them and make sure they are good.
            Looks good DD. Just a personal note: On a part that size I use two brackets to help distribute the load. My preference but just in transport alone it is subject to getting bumped. It is very solid with two and it also helps to keep it aligned.

Comment

• I bought the upgrade F-4 cockpit parts as well as the two engine exhaust upgrades. Everything worked out pretty well, however on the cockpit parts I had two parts left over and I have no idea where they go. I"ll post a pic of them. Can anyone tell me where these are supposed to go on the airplane?

Comment

• Those are chin modifications for the nose cone. The straight one turns it into a C model (stock is a D model). The one with the bump is for a plastic chin for the D model.
                Pat

Comment

• Thanks, Pat!

Comment

• Downloaded stl files, ordered SLA printer. Would try to print those parts. Wish me luck!
                    Second to None

Comment

• Hey guys can anyone make a scale tailhook for the F4,I would really like to make it functional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                        Hey guys can anyone make a scale tailhook for the F4,I would really like to make it functional.
                        Functional as in using it to catch a "wire" on the runway to do an arrested landing?

that would require a far more secure attachment than is needed for the landing gear. It would impose several G of deceleration force on the aircraft.

I've done arrested landings with control line. 1 lb sandbags each end of the arresting wire, 1/2 inch thick solid balsa profile fuselage with 1/8 inch thick aircraft plywood .reinforcing plates at the tailhook attachment point, 8-32 bolt as the pivot pin, and commonly sheared the bolt. (which was the cheapest thing to have break if the landing was too fast)
                        And that was a much lighter and slower model.
                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

Functional as in using it to catch a "wire" on the runway to do an arrested landing?

that would require a far more secure attachment than is needed for the landing gear. It would impose several G of deceleration force on the aircraft.

I've done arrested landings with control line. 1 lb sandbags each end of the arresting wire, 1/2 inch thick solid balsa profile fuselage with 1/8 inch thick aircraft plywood .reinforcing plates at the tailhook attachment point, 8-32 bolt as the pivot pin, and commonly sheared the bolt. (which was the cheapest thing to have break if the landing was too fast)
                          And that was a much lighter and slower model.
                          No don't plan on actually stopping plane.
                          On my t45 when I drop landing flaps I have the tailhook also drops,have servo connected to a spring when the tail hook contacts the ground it just floats .
                          Doesn't do anything except look amazing on final with everthing down and dirty.
                          I have played with trying to catch streamers on the runway.

Comment

• Here is the centerline tank. 94g with ABS and printed in 3 parts. I should have it up on Thingiverse tonight.

Comment

Here is the centerline tank. 94g with ABS and printed in 3 parts. I should have it up on Thingiverse tonight.
                              Is the 145XR in the background an RC model or a static model? Pretty cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post

Is the 145XR in the background an RC model or a static model? Pretty cool.
                                It's static until I finish a few repairs:).

twin 50mm, can get a good 6 minutes of flight time on 2650mAh 4S.

Comment

• Hey Y'all, For those who have been waiting for the Motion RC 3DP F-4 cockpit kit, it is now back in stock. Just received a notification. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here is the thingiverse for the 600 gallon centerline tank. I have 2 versions of the tail piece uploaded depending if you want to ad a second attachment hardware or not.

Comment

Here is the centerline tank. 94g with ABS and printed in 3 parts. I should have it up on Thingiverse tonight.
                                      Love all the stuff you're posting on Thingiverse. Thanks for sharing! I'm relatively new to the 3d printing scene. Can I print this tank in PLA? What are the advantages of one over the other?

Comment

• I have printed the center tank and I am super excited. My new ABS with anti warping technology works fantastic. Thank you Chris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
                                          My new ABS with anti warping technology works fantastic.
                                          Wo-B, What is 'anti-warping' technology? A different formula or a technique you have discovered? I must know.Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X