X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    Maybe add one! Expo only helps if it's you that is moving the stick.
    I will try to go to 40% expo and see if it helps... thanks

Comment

• I don't think anything will help. It sounds like play in the servos and linkage where if you give it some right it stays a little right when you go back to center and then you give it left and it stays a little left when you go back to center again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        I don't think anything will help. It sounds like play in the servos and linkage where if you give it some right it stays a little right when you go back to center and then you give it left and it stays a little left when you go back to center again.
        ok I'll check ...thanks

Comment

• Hello, Is there anyone who knows what the Best CG on this jet Gen 2 4000 mah 6s?? always wanted one

Comment

• Originally posted by ken Luper View Post
            Hello, Is there anyone who knows what the Best CG on this jet Gen 2 4000 mah 6s?? always wanted one
            "Best" in what context?

Comment

• I start in the middle of the recommend range and move back. If it starts getting too scary to fly I move up a little.

Comment

• I have the 3658-2150Kv motor with 12 blades. Would changing out to the 9 blade give more top end? I would likely give up some thrust. What say ye!!😃

Comment

• Try it and tell us. The rotor is like $12. Note it's not just the number of blades but the blade has a different design and pitch too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    Try it and tell us. The rotor is like $12. Note it's not just the number of blades but the blade has a different design and pitch too.
                    I definitely will. I’ll also put a power meter on the setup to see what kind of amp draw it has. Was hoping someone else had tried this. This is part of the fun of this hobby!!😇

Comment

• Is it safe to use decal softener on this model ? I want to apply the Tiger scheme decals. I have used decal softener on plastic models and it really helps .

Comment

• I am frustrated with hooking up the servos. Esc is short and so maybe hook it all behind the battery?. Way too much excess cabling. Use extensions and hook it all up at the front of the plane? The connectors then get in the way of the battery. Post some pics of your receiver installs please. Uggh!!

Comment

• Lots of room behind the battery.

Comment

• Destroyed my Mirage. All my fault. SAFE will get you if you don't know it is active. Anyway,the power plant and all the servos and 1 of the 3 landing gear survived. Other 2 can be salvaged. I now have a bunch of parts. Thinking about the Gripen ARF+. I'll be getting the 10 channel lemon for this, so no SAFE!! Wearing my walk of shame shirt............

Comment

• Guys hoping someone can help me out here having one hell of a time programming this Mirage how I like. I’m using a AR637t NX8 radio when I change the wing type the channel 6 becomes unavailable and says flaps which I don’t want. I use thrust reverse and where I have the ESC reverse plugged in. Servos all function properly safe works EDF still backwards easy fix provided I can get thrust reverse on my usual channel. This is my first delta without a true rudder, hope y’all can help can’t wait to get this bird in the air
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Guys hoping someone can help me out here having one hell of a time programming this Mirage how I like. I’m using a AR637t NX8 radio when I change the wing type the channel 6 becomes unavailable and says flaps which I don’t want. I use thrust reverse and where I have the ESC reverse plugged in. Servos all function properly safe works EDF still backwards easy fix provided I can get thrust reverse on my usual channel. This is my first delta without a true rudder, hope y’all can help can’t wait to get this bird in the air
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by shortround91 View Post
                                  Guys hoping someone can help me out here having one hell of a time programming this Mirage how I like. I’m using a AR637t NX8 radio when I change the wing type the channel 6 becomes unavailable and says flaps which I don’t want. I use thrust reverse and where I have the ESC reverse plugged in. Servos all function properly safe works EDF still backwards easy fix provided I can get thrust reverse on my usual channel. This is my first delta without a true rudder, hope y’all can help can’t wait to get this bird in the air

1. What wing type did you specify? It should be "elevon" or "elevon B"

2. What do you mean by "without a true rudder"? What is not true about the Mirage's rudder?

3. It seems to be a quirk of the NX when specifying elevons that it will call channel 6 "flap" even when you have not specified flaps. No biggie, just use the mixer to send the switch value (you don't say which switch) for forward/reverse to "FLP", or use "flap system" to do the same, and plug your ESC's reversing lead into slot 6. The value you send needs to be -100% for forward, +100% for reverse.

Comment

• Sorry I meant elevator not rudder, I set thrust reverse on my C channel I’m a south saw so it’s natural for me. EDF is also operating in the wrong direction which on my F16 is an easy fix using a channel to change properties.

Comment

• Have just gotten back into the hobby about 8-10 months ago once getting better at programming still not all that good why I reached out here. I knew I wasn’t the only person who is using a Spektrum AR series on this type of jet. This will be my first time even attempting to mix, I’ve gone slow on everything low rates getting used to several plane types then slowly changing things to my style of flying. Thanks for the reply sounds like your someone who can get me in the right direction

Comment

• Originally posted by shortround91 View Post
                                        Sorry I meant elevator not rudder, I set thrust reverse on my C channel I’m a south saw so it’s natural for me. EDF is also operating in the wrong direction which on my F16 is an easy fix using a channel to change properties.
                                        It helps to get the nomenclature correct when asking questions. "C" is a switch (input device) not a channel. Channels are somewhat abstract portions of the radio stream between TX and RX. RX ports are the slots in the receiver where you plug things in. Spektrum used to name its ports and channels , but since this can be lead to bad assumptions on what should go where, recently they've gone back to numbering. Anyhow, just because CH6 and port 6 is named "flap" doesn't mean you have to use it for flaps: in your case you will use it for thrust reverse. Plug the ESC's reversing lead into port 6 (be sure to get it the right way round).

Easiest way by far for you is to go into the "Flap system" menu, set the controlling switch to "C", and for the three positions set the flap value to +100 or -100 as needed (do not leave one of them at zero). If the motor is not running in the correct direction, just reverse the +100 and -100 positions. You can check on the channel monitor to see the values change as you move the "C" switch.

Comment

• Awesome thank you very much, we have ran tomorrow I’ll power things up and give this a go again. I’ll make sure to take some pics along the way

Comment

Working...
                                          X