• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Olivier_ View Post
    For the Mirage Tiger V2: Do you confirm :
    • the values in the attached photo ?
    • the center of gravity 520-530 mm from the rear of the plane ?​
    I also asked the Motion technical department, here is their response :
    "I would not use the rates in the book as they're way too high/sensitive. I highly recommend setting your low aileron rates to 25-30% with at least 35% expo. This model has a very sensitive roll rate so you will most likely never need anything higher than low rate. Elevator I recommend 65% for low with the same amount of expo as aileron. "

Comment

• Interesting in more than one way. First what you posted as rates is not what was in my instruction manual and not what is in the current manual at the Motion RC site. Second, as noted throws and expo are usually a personal preference. Third, while it's great that you got a response from "someone", have they ever flown a Mirage or are they going by generally what they have heard or what they use for most aircraft. The Mirage does not fly like most aircraft. What I like will crash your plane as I like super high rates, that's why I didn't answer. I also like a tail heavier set up.

I said I've had 5 and just orderd #6.... Yes, another Mirage. 😉

Originally posted by Olivier_ View Post

I also asked the Motion technical department, here is their response :
      "I would not use the rates in the book as they're way too high/sensitive. I highly recommend setting your low aileron rates to 25-30% with at least 35% expo. This model has a very sensitive roll rate so you will most likely never need anything higher than low rate. Elevator I recommend 65% for low with the same amount of expo as aileron. "

Comment

• How did you manage the refueling pole (photos attached) ?
        I don't find it practical to glue it permanently because it will interfere with the carrying case.
        I'm going to think about a removable system....​​
        Attached Files

Comment

• I glued it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Interesting in more than one way. First what you posted as rates is not what was in my instruction manual and not what is in the current manual at the Motion RC site. Second, as noted throws and expo are usually a personal preference. Third, while it's great that you got a response from "someone", have they ever flown a Mirage or are they going by generally what they have heard or what they use for most aircraft. The Mirage does not fly like most aircraft. What I like will crash your plane as I like super high rates, that's why I didn't answer. I also like a tail heavier set up.

I said I've had 5 and just orderd #6.... Yes, another Mirage. 😉

I'm looking for a first "beginner" setting so as not to crash it upon takeoff, that's my fear. This is my first fighter plane and delta wing plane.
            I fly with AS3X and SAFE from Spektrum, which should limit bad surprises.

What additional configuration do you want to do with a 6th Mirage ??

Comment

• Nothing additional that I haven't done with another. Even set up identically each plane has it's own personality. And I may sell the ONE I currently have as it is about eight years old.

Comment

How did you manage the refueling pole (photos attached) ?
                I don't find it practical to glue it permanently because it will interfere with the carrying case.
                I'm going to think about a removable system....​​
                there you go, done !
                to see if it holds up in flight !
                Attached Files

Comment

• Well done!

Comment

• Where are these parts attached?
                    I don't see anything on the instructions.​
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Vertical stab towards the top.

Comment

Where are these parts attached?
                        I don't see anything on the instructions.​
                        I finally found it by looking at the photos on the website.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I have a like new Mirage kit+ for sale on RCG, two flights on it, no damage at all, no hanger rash. Selling without the 2150 EDF or ESC but I could add a 9b 1920 EDF and non reversing ESC cheap if someone is interested.

Comment

• Hello , I can complete my radio settings on my Dx9 Black. I set to elevons and everything work fine but if I want to modify the elevator throw differently than my aileron throws it will modify also my aileron throws .I can't modify both differently .I also try on Elevon B but still the problem .I use a AR 620 Spectrum receiver.Any suggestions ? Thanks

Comment

• Instead of changing it with servo travel do it in the D/R menu.

Comment

Instead of changing it with servo travel do it in the D/R menu.
                                Thank's I'll try this way.

Comment

• Just thought I'd repost links to the 3DP nozzle and cockpit parts for the Mirage:

These are copies since the original source has disappeared. Do not address issues or criticisms to me as I didn't design the nozzle or cockpit. The nozzle is an exact fit in the rear fuselage of the Mirage after removing the original foam nozzle.

Comment

Instead of changing it with servo travel do it in the D/R menu.
                                    Yes as you said I have solved thanks .Done my maiden plus other 6 flights and is absolutely a blast to fly ! Only one thing I have to set better its when I pass at full speed it's like it behave with the ailerons and does not go straight but the wing do small mouvements on straight like going from left to right and from right to left it does not make my wings go level.I check the ailerons and they are trimmed perfectly as also the rudder.I set the ailerons at 35% rate with 35 % expo...Maybe I have to add more expo ?

Comment

• Fredardi Are you using a gyro? If so turn the gain down.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                        Fredardi Are you using a gyro? If so turn the gain down.
                                        No no gyro installed

Comment

• Maybe add one! Expo only helps if it's you that is moving the stick.

Comment

Working...
                                          X