X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

Would the extra weight of the 6250 negatively affect its performance? I've had issues trying to get my 6250s to work and have been kicking the idea around of unloading them for more 5000s.
    The 6250 weighs about 2.5oz more than the Admiral 5000 50C. Should not be a problem. If you are looking to dump your 6250s, I'll be happy to take them off your hands. ;)
    Pat

Comment

• Symmetrically satisfying :)

Comment

• YES! This is the one that shall go on my wall.

Please, sir, can we have s'more...
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I love that photo Alpha. It makes the Admiral 5000 look like a tiny little nugget, which just goes to show how big this F-22 really is!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Visva11, welcome home to Hobby Squawk! We'll be discussing a 3DPUP Door Set for those interested in fitting outer gear doors to their F-22. It wasn't a big ask on the F-4, but for some reason a few people have inquired about them on the F-22, so we're working on a set that installs with relative ease for anyone with basic modeling skills and tools.
            Hi Alpha - I think the reason people ask about gear doors is that the F-22 closes up very clean in the air to preserve its stealth characteristics. You don't see landing gear tires recessed in the wings when flying overhead. I also second this option and being the "scale geek" would like gear doors please!

Comment

• Hey PaulZ, we're going to make it happen for you and my fellow "scale geeks", as you call it. The clearance of the outer door is such that it won't bottom out on grass even with the main strut fully compressed, so I'm more confident as a practical matter that it would function well. We did fully enclosed gear doors on the T-45 (10 door panels in all), but the lower ones are prone to tearing out on grass.

Comment

• Looking forward to .stl files for the outer main doors, and will definitely be on my to-do list.
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                  Hey PaulZ, we're going to make it happen for you and my fellow "scale geeks", as you call it. The clearance of the outer door is such that it won't bottom out on grass even with the main strut fully compressed, so I'm more confident as a practical matter that it would function well. We did fully enclosed gear doors on the T-45 (10 door panels in all), but the lower ones are prone to tearing out on grass.
                  Understood - makes sense. Lets give it a try!

Comment

• Yes. Great news. +1

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	161641Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	161642 A few more pics of Pilot Evelyn with her Raptor!

Comment

• Beast!

Can't wait to see it and you guys this weekend!
                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          Beast!

Can't wait to see it and you guys this weekend!
                          Thanks Pat! Hoping to arrive Thursday by 1:00pm.

Comment

• Have to work Thursday, but will be out early Friday morning.
                            Pat

Comment

• Great Pics Tony and Evelyn! can't wait to get this one.

Comment

• Question. Over on the Freewing 70mm BAe Hawk T1 Thread,

they mention using a 5800 35C battery and the Admiral 5,000 6c, on a 70mm jet! Seems the Admiral is undersized for the F22? Doesn’t seem logical that that 5,000 battery would be the right choice for both a 70mm and 90mm jet.. I realize that is the biggest battery that MRC offers..

Comment

• Hi Flying Hawk,
                                  We design our aircraft to accommodate battery ranges, when possible, to maximize the aircraft's appeal and lower the cost of ownership for those with existing batteries. This is due in part to size, wing loading, bay volume, and internal layout. The chances a model can meet these requirements declines the smaller its fan is:

*All 90mms can fly a 6s 5000 (eleven aircraft)
                                  *Most 80mms can fly a 6s 5000 (five aircraft)
                                  *Few 70mms can fly a 6s 5000 (two aircraft)

If modelers choose to use heavier batteries than recommended (i.e. 5800mAh in a 70mm Hawk) or lighter batteries than recommended (i.e. 2600mAh in 70mm F-104) that is their own prerogative.

My team's prerogative is to ensure our batteries, which are industry common sizes, can be flown by our aircraft. There will be other battery sizes an aircraft can fly, but as long as the Venn diagram includes one of our batteries, our customers with those batteries are covered.

This is one of the reasons why we haven't developed an aircraft that required 5s to fly well... Because few people have 5s packs.

Comment

• I am himming and hawing on this one.... so close to hitting "add to cart"..... ... Its a SMART buy... as it represents the latest and greatest in engineering, Seems to fly like a dream.... Long flight times for 90.... was gonna get the f-14.... I may have to buy both... grrrrrr LOL .....

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      The 6250 weighs about 2.5oz more than the Admiral 5000 50C. Should not be a problem. If you are looking to dump your 6250s, I'll be happy to take them off your hands. ;)
                                      I just bought the F-4 last week and I plan to get the F-22 next year and I have been looking at buying the Roaring Top batteries in 6s 5500mah 70c or the 5500mah 45c or the 6250mah 35c.

My concern is if the 35c or 45c battery will suffer from the higher amp draw. Obviously I want all the power I can get for the longest flight time but not at the expense of damaging the costly battery.

I already own 2 sets of Turnigy Graphene 6s 5000mah 65c.and 2 sets in 45c that I use on my FW A-10 and my Goblin 700 helicopter that are mounted on trays. I personally have not noticed any difference in power, flight time, IR ohm levels or heat build up between the different C rated batteries I don't fly either of them hard or fast since I mostly fly big air.

So until I get some new batteries that are dedicated to the F-4 and F-22, I will use the 65c batteries on my F-4, Hopefully the weather will be good this week so i can maiden it.

My question to the Jet guys on this forum who are wayyy smarter than I, please give me ya'lls advice on the pros and cons of 70c vs. 45c vs. 35c batteries???

Thanks, Brent

Comment

• Brent,

I have been flying the RT packs for 2 years now. I put these on an IR meter, and the 35C packs have a true C rating of 20C. For the 5800 packs, this means they can safely discharge at 116A continuous without damaging the pack. For the 6250 it's 125A. I have been flying these in all of my FW 80 and 90mm jets, and I've not had one pack puff or go bad. I have about 20 packs of these batteries, and the only ones I've retired are ones from crashes. These packs are rock solid, and I see no reason to have to get anything over 35C. In my F-4 I'm running a JetFan 90mm with a HET 700-68-1680kv motor, and RT 4S 5800 35C packs in series for 8S. Works great!
                                        Pat

Comment

• ." In my F-4 I'm running a JetFan 90mm with a HET 700-68-1680kv motor, and RT 4S 5800 35C packs in series for 8S. Works great!"

What kind of flight time you getting?
                                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Working...
                                          X