Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got an ARF+ coming, I have a F-4 6S system I can put in it...I plan to fly it like an aristocrat (Nose up all the time) so the 9 blade 1750kv will do great:Cool:
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post
      Alpha, not sure if you saw this question, or if I missed your answer:

In the demo video posted last night, you were flying the 6s version, were you not? Or does it need 8s to do the vertical shown? You might have said in the video, but I was watching in a restaurant and did not hear all of the audio.
      He was absolutely flying the 6S version. We don't have any video of the 8S version just yet. Thank you very much to all who have provided feedback so far and a BIG thank you to everyone who has ordered this plane. I think you guys are going to love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post

Came home from the Zoo also.

Also.....

R
        A
        P
        T
        O
        R

So cleverly disguised. It was right in front of us.
        I thought that was clever, myself. Ha! A lot of what I say in those types of threads often has layered meaning.

​​​​​​George, I'm going to use your "like an aristocrat" phrase, it's cheeky and accurate for how I like to fly this bird.

Woody, thanks mate, I appreciate your attitude. As you said, not every new model will be to all our exact liking, but we can still support those who are looking forward to it. As the Boat rises, we all rise.

Evelyn, enjoy Embry Riddle and don't let your pops prevent you from taking your new foil backpack to school. 3DPUP Strap Set... there's plenty of room in the battery bay to carry your books to class.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I like that we don't have to wait too long after the release of a new plane from motion. Unlike HK when they announced the Spitfire and C-130, all you read is soon, soon, soon ,soon ,soon....... a months late....r soon, soon LMAO! Fightline should have made the C-130 and blew away HK sales before they even released theirs.

Comment

• I've heard a few times in these videos about the "rollers" in the wings regarding the way the main wheels pivot when they meet the bottom of the wing's recess (pretty friggin cool!). Anyone seen a shot of these rollers?

Comment

• The Freewing Raptor is an outstanding presentation! Awesome. For months, I was going around looking at different offerings. I almost bought an LX Raptor from BH; but I didn't like the plastic parts; small wheels; plastic-coated wire landing gear and BH. It seemed heavy. I ditched the idea and way in the back of my mind, I knew that Freewing and Motion would fix that and bring the "Real Deal" to the storefront!....Nice! I will get one for a birthday gift in the Spring...I did think it was going to be an "Old School" F-100; F-101 or a big Panther or T33. But, there is still a future ahead.....

Comment

• I am really stoked about this jet. We are truly living in the golden age of RC. These scale foam jets would have been voodoo to the natives just 10 years ago. Yeah, I get that I am an employee but it is way beyond that. I am an avid RC flyer/aviation geek. I wouldn't be 5 years in with a company that represents RC electric flight if I didn't buy what they were selling (in more ways than one). The commitment to quality and bang-for-buck is simply unequaled in this industry I can say emphatically. In all the hard, long hours we all work, I can guarantee there isn't a moment where the thought isn't on the customer and it's not a secret why that is the case. Because WE are also the customer. I purchase these planes along with all of you. Same with all of us who work here. Your excitement is our excitement and I mean that.

Now Alpha isn't without fault. He hasn't cured cancer nor has he delivered me my coveted Concorde yet but all kidding aside the sheer amount of work he alone is putting in for all of our benefit is profound to say the least. Shoot, I guess I am being a bit melodramatic but the point of this post is that I am so grateful to play a microscopic part in advancing this hobby to where we deserve. We've reached the stage were men who flew the full scale can genuinely admire these RC versions. It really wasn't that long ago when the idea of fully functioning electric retracts was shocking. The advancements in the hobby is extraordinary to me and I know most agree.

Sure, there will always be concessions to keep price in mind. It's always at the forefront of our philosophy. Not every person will get every amenity on every model. That's just life and business. I am still crossing my fingers for several aircraft I hope we launch one day as are you.

But what is impressing me these days is not just the size and scale but the freakish attention to detail in the not-so-obvious world of the engineering phase that makes these models emulate their full scale counterparts as closely as is possible in foam. It's that work, the non-glamorous side of it all that speaks volumes about how far we have come in this industry.

No nav lights? No TV? Meh. Give me an outstanding, wide-envelope, scale, large F-22 that acts like an F-22 any day of the week over one that has every bell and whistle but is just "this" north of most's price point.

Cannot. Wait. For. This. F-22.

My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post
                  I've heard a few times in these videos about the "rollers" in the wings regarding the way the main wheels pivot when they meet the bottom of the wing's recess (pretty friggin cool!). Anyone seen a shot of these rollers?
                  Andrew, if you check out the build video that James did I believe he shows them in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Andrew, if you check out the build video that James did I believe he shows them in it.
                    I've watched it a couple of times and only see him showing that the wheel pivots, but not the roller in the bottom of the wheel well :/ Maybe I'm misunderstanding him.

Comment

• I'm in. Got my order in. Weather shut me down on flying my new A-10. Can't wait for spring.

Comment

• Thanks Cruiser!

A few of you just ordered the last 6S PNP from the the first shipment. The first shipment for the 6S PNP sold out and will arrive December 17th. The pre-order for the 6S F-22 is now pulling from the second shipment which is due December 26th. There are a few ARF+ left in the first shipment before we change to shipment 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                          Thanks Cruiser!

A few of you just ordered the last 6S PNP from the the first shipment. The first shipment for the 6S PNP sold out and will arrive December 17th. The pre-order for the 6S F-22 is now pulling from the second shipment which is due December 26th. There are a few ARF+ left in the first shipment before we change to shipment 2.
                          Wow, that was fast:Cool:
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Thanks Cruiser!

When did the 8s version sell out?

Comment

• So did I miss why the project was called foil?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                So did I miss why the project was called foil?
                                From the Project Foil Guesses thread, posted by Alpha:

1) A Foil is a type of dueling sword, generally akin to a Rapier in proportion and usage (precise stabbing versus wild slashing). So, a precision weapon system. "Rapier" was the original designation for a precision weapon system that eventually became the F-22 Raptor. Thus, Project Foil = F-22 Raptor.
                                2) Thin foil made of aluminum is often used as a countermeasure against radar. Thus, Foil = Radar avoiding aircraft = F-22 Raptor.

A precision weapon, that can avoid radar, that was originally called a Rapier (gotta know your aviation history), can only be an F-22.... easy, right?
                                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

When did the 8s version sell out?
                                  8S did not sell out. All of the 8S I ordered are in the first shipment (none in the second). Plenty more 8S available so don't worry.

Comment

• Currently printing the 3DPUP cockpit files. Looking good so far.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Pat, please snap a photo when complete to show us how it turned out. What printer are you using?

Comment

• I’m a little worried about the shipping being so close to the holidays. Usually I wouldn’t be, but with any model airplane being fragile and being shipped around a very busy time of the year, I’m concerned about the condition it may arrive in. I also get that worry when ordering planes around Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Comment

Pat, please snap a photo when complete to show us how it turned out. What printer are you using?
                                          Prusa i3 MK3, using the settings recommended for fill. Ran out of the original silver Prusa PLA, using black right now, so it won't show a lot of detail, but black should be a good base to paint from. I will take pics tomorrow after the print is done.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X