X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wcessna View Post
    So will the 8s perform like the 6s if you just use a 6s in it? Thought being I get the 8s and use my 6s batteries when the 8s ones are drained... thanks..
    Absolutely not

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I realized right after I posted that I would need an age waiver to join too. I was just kidding anyway I say that to kids working crappy jobs
      No worries

Comment

• thanks alpha and tony!
        clark has been doing a great job on the runway

Joe
        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Really digging all the videos. Can't wait for next month!
          Pat

Comment

• This is the first bird I've pre-ordered since the 80mm A-10 and the Avanti S. It will also be the first 90mm I've purchased. I've maidened and flown some for other folks. Just didn't like the 2.5 minute flight times. Watching the timer on the videos and the wide flight envelope on this one has convinced me that this 90mm will be in the hangar. The fact that it's a Raptor, and the way the model was developed and executed didn't hurt the decision making process either:Cool:.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
              This [...] will also be the first 90mm I've purchased. I've maidened and flown some for other folks. Just didn't like the 2.5 minute flight times. Watching the timer on the videos and the wide flight envelope on this one has convinced me that this 90mm will be in the hangar. The fact that it's a Raptor, and the way the model was developed and executed didn't hurt the decision making process either:Cool:.
              Same :Smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Yes, the F-22 can operate on short grass fields like the F-4. The F-22's taller single nose wheel cuts through grass easier than the F-4's smaller double wheel, while the F-4's main wheels give a wider stance than the F-22's narrower main wheels.

You can see a takeoff and landing on grass at the end of the flight review video that James posted earlier:

Bajora, thanks for posting those photos! Your photos show off the subtle shading gradients and different tones of the various decals. Difficult to describe in writing, but the net result to the human eye is more depth and realism.
                Thanks so much alpha for your answer.

Comment

• So, I ordered the 8S but it sounds like the 6S is a better option for this model. I also have the freewing F-16 90mm 6s. Would it work well if I swapped the power systems and installed the 6s in the F-22 and the 8s in the F-16? The F-16 needs more power. The question is how will the Freewing 12-blade 6s 90mm perform in the F-22? What is the difference in thrust between the 12-blade 6s and the 9-blade? Thanks!

Comment

• The 9bl 90mm unit has a plastic housing vs metal, has less blades, and the impeller hub is plastic instead of metal, so it is a much lighter system than the 12bl setup in the F-16. It will probably work just fine, but be just a tad heavier.
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                      So, I ordered the 8S but it sounds like the 6S is a better option for this model. I also have the freewing F-16 90mm 6s. Would it work well if I swapped the power systems and installed the 6s in the F-22 and the 8s in the F-16? The F-16 needs more power. The question is how will the Freewing 12-blade 6s 90mm perform in the F-22? What is the difference in thrust between the 12-blade 6s and the 9-blade? Thanks!
                      Yeah I would do that... I have yet to use a 9 blade but from what I’ve read, they seem to be suited for a variety of airframes as opposed the 12 blade. I would probably sell the stock EDF out of the F-16 you currently have and buy the new Freewing 90mm version. They are a big improvement over the previous generation. More thrust using about the same amount of power.

The F-16 will be like flying the Bell X-1 with the new 8s

Comment

• The 9 blade 90mm with the 1750kv motors are great, lots of power, much lighter, sound great and are much more efficient than the 12 blades.
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hi everyone. Does anyone have idea of adding gear doors? Will it be an easy task?

Comment

• Originally posted by Visva11 View Post
                            Hi everyone. Does anyone have idea of adding gear doors? Will it be an easy task?

Hi Visva11, welcome home to Hobby Squawk! We'll be discussing a 3DPUP Door Set for those interested in fitting outer gear doors to their F-22. It wasn't a big ask on the F-4, but for some reason a few people have inquired about them on the F-22, so we're working on a set that installs with relative ease for anyone with basic modeling skills and tools.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• dude stick with the 8s if that's what you bought. Its going to have 15 to 20 percent more power, it will run more effeciently and you will notice the difference in power instantly. Trust me on thi. I used to run my big 700 helis on 12s until I discovered 14s and I have never looked back. Only reason I still use the smaller 12s packs is you have to for international competitions

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Visva11, welcome home to Hobby Squawk! We'll be discussing a 3DPUP Door Set for those interested in fitting outer gear doors to their F-22. It wasn't a big ask on the F-4, but for some reason a few people have inquired about them on the F-22, so we're working on a set that installs with relative ease for anyone with basic modeling skills and tools.
                                Thanks dear alpha..really looking foward....I can't wait for this plane. Great one. Congrats to the team.

Comment

• Higher voltage is more efficient, yes. Less "I squared R" losses.

Your watts will go up directly with voltage. Watts = current squared * resistance. Current = voltage/resistance (simplified because resistance in a motor changes with rpm and load) Voltage increase >> current increase >> watts increase ... you drain the battery of watt-hr power faster. To get the same flight time at the higher watts you need more capacity. That means more weight due to not only the extra cell, but higher mah cells.

But more weight is more drag.

There is a point where increased power fails to overcome the increased drag due to increased weight and you actually have lower top end airspeed.

Then there is the need for power to increase exponentially in relation to speed increase.

The added power can result in a much better (shorter) takeoff, with the penalty of substantially increased speed for landing (higher minimum airspeed for controlled flight... AKA "stall speed") You can also see a much more abrupt snap (potentially into a spin) when trying to perform tight maneuvers at speed. (accelerated stall)

Every change you make has trade-offs. The result will almost always have SOME negative effect. The question becomes: Are the improvements better than the negative effects?

A lighter weight EDF that handles higher voltage and watts mitigates the negative effect of the heavier battery....
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Assembled mine tonight ... but not without shooting a bunch of photos. Here are a few from the studio ...

Comment

• All I can say is thank goodness I now don't have to build this FlyFly/ Jepe F-22 I've had in the shop for 5 years! I guess I had more ambition when I bought it back then but the thought of the work involved has kept it hanging from the ceiling- This FW/ MRC Raptor will, I'm sure, be the F-22 I've always wanted so a huge thank you to Alpha and everyone involved.
                                      I'll be doing a servo operated canopy for sure so the availability of a printed canopy frame, as has been mentioned by Alpha, as well as cockpit parts. is welcome and will ease the process. As it was all from scratch for my A-10 the project was, um, lengthy. I'd also like to do full doors for the main gear and, again, Alpha has said this too is in the works- just awesome!
                                      I'm wondering if it would be possible to fit actual weapon bays into the intake sides and belly as per the full-size, whether there's enough thickness to do this without encroaching into the ducting? It's going to be a long winter here so lots of time to figure it out.:Cool:
                                      Tom

Comment

• Thanks, Pogo, I'm eager to see what you come up with! I'll be creating a separate thread in a few hours to discuss the 3DPUP sets for the F-22, simply because there's a lot of them and I don't want it to crowd this main discussion thread of the stock model.

The short answer on the feasibility of retrofitting "actual" weapons bays is "I don't think so but if anyone can figure it out, you can". I'll discuss this, including a deeper dive into wall thicknesses and dimensions, in the 3DPUP thread.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                          X