Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well you certainly didn't keep me waiting long for a response! I'll watch for the new thread- thanks Alpha.
    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
      Is it odd that this photo arouses me?

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

Haha ... not if you love jets! And it looks like you do. So I’’ would say that you are in the right place. :Cool:

Comment

PPG, Well, it is a shot from behind. LOL Just a little 'locker room' humor from a "Beta", so you understand. With pics like this and the thought of 3DP weapons bays, the F22 is becoming more interesting. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Definitely hoping for the quick availability of the 3DPUP stuff!

Comment

• The 3DPUP discussion/showcase thread is now live: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...mm-f-22-raptor
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	161270Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	161271Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	161272Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	161273Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	161274Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	161275Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	161276
                Here's photos from the Saturday morning flying session, with Evelyn's Raptor. I flew the jet with Admiral 5000 and Admiral Carbon 5100 packs. I gotta say, I'm lovin' the Carbon 5100 pack!! Perfect weight and great performance. Fun morning with a great flying jet.

If you're in AZ, come fly with us at the Arizona Jet Rally, or stop by to check out the Raptor and other great Freewing jets, or just say hello! It's always a treat to meet members of the MRC family. We'll also have great Motion RC swag and cool raffle prizes at the event.

Comment

• Will the rudder servos be painted at the factory? If not I’d like to request painted servos for future aircraft please. The paint job on this F-22 is exceptional!

Comment

• Painted servos would be great, but I would imagine they install the servos after the plane is painted. Maybe Freewing can toss around the idea of adding color matched vinyl decals to lay over the visible top surface servos of various new jet offerings as it could be part of the decal sheet.

Comment

• I personally like painting the servos, since I usually color match with latex paint from Home Depot...great for touch ups. It's not easy to get vinyl to match a painted surface with the proper satin or dull finish. I still have to paint the vinyl, and if the servo dies, there just more work to recover damaged foam around the servo pocket and repaint after servo replacement. Then again, that could just be my luck! :Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                        I personally like painting the servos, since I usually color match with latex paint from Home Depot...great for touch ups. It's not easy to get vinyl to match a painted surface with the proper satin or dull finish. I still have to paint the vinyl, and if the servo dies, there just more work to recover damaged foam around the servo pocket and repaint after servo replacement. Then again, that could just be my luck! :Silly:
                        First off, love the photos as always!! Gosh, can you throw up some duds once in awhile? ;)

I agree on everything you said about the servo painting. To me, I think decal covering over servos is cheesy. I would rather take the 2 minutes to paint the servos (which I have been doing for years, btw) to match instead of a flimsy decal covering but that's just me.

I get that we all have our ideas of what should be out of the box. To me (and I am speaking as a fellow RC pilot, not an MRC employee) , servos needing to be painted to match is just not on my list of what is mandatory. I want a scale outline. I want quality materials. I want a proven paradigm of feature-sets that are without question. Quality retracts, flaps...A design that isn't just near museum scale worthy for a foam model but one that flies the part in every way.

So yeah. Black servos? Meh. I can deal. A short trip to my local hardware store and I have the color code for not just the servo covering but that particular shade of the aircraft.

For the money with what I am getting? I am okay with painting servo covers.

My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• As we wait for the Freewing F-22 90mm EDF Jet to arrive, I figured I’d share a video of an incredible twin turbine F-22 that flew at our local flying field yesterday. Most of the flight was not filmed, including the best parts with thrust vectoring, but what was filmed still shows how incredible this jet was. It was filmed with a phone and from the pitts, so it’s not perfect, but that’s okay. Ha-ha

Comment

• Amazing piece of work right there! Wow...

Comment

• Was hoping MRC might recommend a range of battery sizes that could be used with the F-22. Seems like the airframe could accept 6,000 6 cell, but I wonder if even larger packs could be used with all that lift available. I’m willing to sacrifice performance for more flight time.. Thanks.

Comment

• I'll probably be using a RoaringTop 6S 6250 35C in mine. I'm sure it'll take it.

Pat

Comment

• Welcome home to Hobby Squawk, Flying Hawk! 6s 6000-6250 will be fine. There's plenty of space to hit CG.

I'll be on the RC Afterhours Podcast in 25 minutes from this post, if anyone wants to listen in. Tony and Evelyn may be joining us as well! You can post questions on RC Afterhours' Facebook page, although admittedly I have no idea how.

Below is a photo of the Admiral 6s 5000 in my preferred spot. Move your 6000ish aft slightly to hit the manual's CG (which is slightly nose heavy) at first, then adjust further back as desired. There's ~60mm of space behind my battery position, which is plenty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2771.JPG
Views:	1100
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	161447

Comment

• How about something in the 7,000 to 8,000 6 cell range? What was the largest battery tested? Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                      Welcome home to Hobby Squawk, Flying Hawk! 6s 6000-6250 will be fine. There's plenty of space to hit CG.

I'll be on the RC Afterhours Podcast in 25 minutes from this post, if anyone wants to listen in. Tony and Evelyn may be joining us as well! You can post questions on RC Afterhours' Facebook page, although admittedly I have no idea how.

Below is a photo of the Admiral 6s 5000 in my preferred spot. Move your 6000ish aft slightly to hit the manual's CG (which is slightly nose heavy) at first, then adjust further back as desired. There's ~60mm of space behind my battery position, which is plenty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2771.JPG
Views:	1100
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	161447
                                      Would the extra weight of the 6250 negatively affect its performance? I've had issues trying to get my 6250s to work and have been kicking the idea around of unloading them for more 5000s.

Comment

• 8,000? That's too much. You'll be on the opposite end of the weight/duration graph.

We tested 8s 4000 and 5000. I don't have the weights in front of me, but the 8s 4000 was a nice balance.

Comment

Would the extra weight of the 6250 negatively affect its performance? I've had issues trying to get my 6250s to work and have been kicking the idea around of unloading them for more 5000s.
                                          I don't really think so. I normally don't say to load up stock aircraft beyond the recommended weights, but the F-22 is a rare exception. The added weight will allow you to keep your throttle setting higher for longer, allowing you to soak up energy during forward flight. That being said, I'd cap the 6s around 6250 as Crxmanpat listed above. In forward flight the model will take the weight well, but be advised your hovering and tail sit hangtime will suffer with heavier weight.

Comment

Working...
                                          X