X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    I don't understand. You asked about full span flaps. Are you saying you won't use any flaps for landing? The stock flaps work really well for both take off (I use half flaps every take off)and really well for landing (I use full flaps for every landing). Using flaps you have a walking speed landing every time. As far as the full span flaps they also work really well but because your ailerons are down as flaps it's just not quite as stable, hence "tippy". Both ways work really well on the Raptor but I suggest you try the stock flaps only first.
    I am saying I won't bother with full span flaps for landing since the tipiness of having ailerons down is what concerns me. I will have to experiment with full span flaps to see if they improve takeoff at all.

Comment

• Got it. Keep us informed with how things work for you.

Comment

•  

Comment

I don't understand. You asked about full span flaps. Are you saying you won't use any flaps for landing? The stock flaps work really well for both take off (I use half flaps every take off)and really well for landing (I use full flaps for every landing). Using flaps you have a walking speed landing every time. As far as the full span flaps they also work really well but because your ailerons are down as flaps it's just not quite as stable, hence "tippy". Both ways work really well on the Raptor but I suggest you try the stock flaps only first.
          After flying mine with the full span ailerons and tailerons I just didn't like it as much so I set it back to stock configuration...I still have the thrust vectoring:Cool:

TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Cool! We all have our own ways.

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

After flying mine with the full span ailerons and tailerons I just didn't like it as much so I set it back to stock configuration...I still have the thrust vectoring:Cool:

Comment

Cool! We all have our own ways.

Yeah it was just way too sensitive for me....but man she would roll like crazy!
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kloverzero;n170995]I got the formation and navigation light set from Jeremy Solt yesterday. Sat down last night and got them all soldered up. Just an awesome mod. I will finish running all of the leads tonight. I am going to put a GT Power electronic switch in the plane, and run all of the lights off a separate battery via a Freewing V3 light controller, with the exception of the blinking nav lights. They will be on the triple flash port in the MCB-E. Next up....Vectoring...

Nice to finally see that setup and how it works. Hoping to hear back from Jeremy....have emailed him twice with no response. Any other way to get a hold of him? I don't have a facebook account.

Comment

• Inquires into the Formation light module DIY kit can be sent to Solt4923crew@hotmail.com

4923crew is his username here...

Comment

• Are any of you guys having issues with your blue Box unfortunately starsceam went down on the maiden flight 11 plus witnesses On the flight line at Apllo feild did all pre flight checks and
                    Range check everything checked out as she rolled down the runway pulled elevator plane Lifted off did a slight roll to the right Went inverted Tried to compensate with left ail and rudder no response plane crashed hard .:Crying:

​​​Was using DX20 radio and a brand new 8010 spectrum receiver been flying 15 years fly expensive turbines with this radio and telemetry recievers never an issue.

rest in pieces

Comment

• Just joined the club. Went with 6S as just with the Phantom I am sure I will be more than happy with its performance. Can't wait to get this bad girl in the skies! Now for the Pacific Northwest weather to cooperate in January is a whole other matter.

Now the question becomes, how many of these cool mods some of you folks have done will I attempt? The centerburner goes without saying...Not sure on the LEDs...Even bone stock I will be stoked! Been waiting for a 90mm F-22 (non LX) for a long time!

:Cool:
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
                        Are any of you guys having issues with your blue Box unfortunately starsceam went down on the maiden flight 11 plus witnesses On the flight line at Apllo feild did all pre flight checks and
                        Range check everything checked out as she rolled down the runway pulled elevator plane Lifted off did a slight roll to the right Went inverted Tried to compensate with left ail and rudder no response plane crashed hard .:Crying:

​​​Was using DX20 radio and a brand new 8010 spectrum receiver been flying 15 years fly expensive turbines with this radio and telemetry recievers never an issue.

rest in pieces
                        OH NO!! Oh man that is horrible, I am so sorry to see that. Especially after that sweet livery work you put in. :Crying:

I am sure you more than appropriately checked all your control surfaces/linkages, etc...Examine that Spektrum receiver...I am not sure if that's the one I keep hearing about having issues.
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Been running the 8010 T , 9 channel and 12 channel receivers in my turbine f 16 and viper jet, l - 39 and f-4 phantom ect have not had any issues ..

callie was kind enough to make me some more graphics
                          we will transform into other one ..lol

But will run all control surfaces directly to my receiver bypass the blue Box.

I know they were having issues with a blue Box for the l -39 that's what a buddy of mine did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

OH NO!! Oh man that is horrible, I am so sorry to see that. Especially after that sweet livery work you put in. :Crying:

I am sure you more than appropriately checked all your control surfaces/linkages, etc...Examine that Spektrum receiver...I am not sure if that's the one I keep hearing about having issues.
                            The 8010T is a good receiver. I've bought a couple of them from Motion and they are working fine (knock on wood)
                            It's a bummer to see/hear a model destroyed on maiden like that, especially after the time spent making it unique.
                            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Hey yf22raptor, so sorry to see that after all the work you put in. You have to get back on the horse tho....maybe you could get the version without the motor etc. since you've got all that. I did that when I lost the A-10. A little less painful.:(

Comment

• todd, although I haven't flown yet,still working on mods and of coarse our weather issue, I'm sure you're going to love it.:Cool:

Comment

• Yep, 18hrs of work not to mention I lost the lipos 8 cell set up
                                  plane , rc geeks afterburner , callie graphics ,reciever which I bought from motion ..
                                  $400.00 plus in xtra plus plane $900.00 plus loss .

I contacted motion sent in all electronics
                                  but was told after testing all thier electronics working fine
                                  so my loss ...:Drooling:

Comment

• Will get another and start over ....:)
                                    all good
                                    thanks for the support ......

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                      Inquires into the Formation light module DIY kit can be sent to Solt4923crew@hotmail.com

4923crew is his username here...

Thanks, Hardway. Didn't realize he was a hobby squawk guy. I just sent him a P.M. Had already sent two emails the last few days with no response. Hope that gets me hooked up.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
                                        Will get another and start over ....:)
                                        all good
                                        thanks for the support ......
                                        Glad to hear you're getting back on the horse!! Now you have a parts plane.;)

Comment

• Bother, Star-Scream was AWESOME. I am truly sorry! :(
                                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Working...
                                          X