Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those with the centerburner from RC Geek, I ordered one and expect it to ship in about two weeks (he's going through all the back orders now) and was curious what to expect. Is it PNP or soldering involved?
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Very easy. You can either solder to the power leads, or just put a connector on the burner leads for power supply (2s lipo). You won't regret it, I love these things!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        Those with the centerburner from RC Geek, I ordered one and expect it to ship in about two weeks (he's going through all the back orders now) and was curious what to expect. Is it PNP or soldering involved?
        I use these on all my planes with centerburners. I like the idea of “install and forget”. Just y-cable into the throttle channel and connect the BEC input to the power leads from the flight pack.

HENGE UBEC 6V 6A 2-6S Lipo NiMh Battery Switch Mode BEC https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172997604439

Comment

• Trying to take out the camera man on takeoff!

Comment

• Thanks fellas!

Took the opportunity to maiden on my lunch break. These windows of opportunity this time of year in the PNW, well, ya take 'em when you can get 'em! Gotta love an overcast, grey jet on an overcast, grey day for a maiden!

LOL

Maiden went great. Just some trimming here and there, nothing major. Both low and high recommended rates felt good to me. She is nimble, and with my Roaring Top 5500 6S 70Cs she screams even on 6S. Landings with flaps are dead stick easy. Love this jet!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	premaiden2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	172991
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aros.MotionRC;n172990]Thanks fellas!

Took the opportunity to maiden on my lunch break. These windows of opportunity this time of year in the PNW, well, ya take 'em when you can get 'em! Gotta love an overcast, grey jet on an overcast, grey day for a maiden!

LOL

Maiden went great. Just some trimming here and there, nothing major. Both low and high recommended rates felt good to me. She is nimble, and with my Roaring Top 5500 6S 70Cs she screams even on 6S. Landings with flaps are dead stick easy. Love this jet!!

Hey Todd, way to get it done my friend!!:Cool: Was that with a gyro or not? I'm envious as I'm still bogged down with the mods and the field has standing water on it. What kind of camera are you using these days? I've decided to skip the thrust vectoring 'til I have the maiden + a few under my belt as advised.

Comment

Thanks fellas!

LOL

Click image for larger version Name:	premaiden2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	172991
                Looking great!!! nice runway too!
                and congrats on your maiden flight

Comment

• Just began construction of mine

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Brad - No the maiden was sans gyro. I don't think it needs one personally but I can understand how some like the added benefits. Then again it wasn't too windy today so on windier days I could see the benefit. I am currently using the RunCam 2 wide lens. It's comparable to the Mobius HD 60FPS. Same size and weight pretty much. But neither camera is great in overcast conditions. Definitely better quality on nice blue/sky days. I don't like that view I did for the maiden (hard to see anything) but I didn't want to chance any wonkiness by placing it on the outer wing like I like for my jets normally. Not for the maiden at least. I will have to compensate with right trim when I do for sure. As for TV, I won't be adding it to mine. I think it's cool to watch others fly with it though!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                      Just began construction of mine
                      Nice..

Man all of you guys building these up and maiden reports making me all jealous!!
                      Patiently waiting for restock.

Comment

• Just finished mine last night, plan to maiden this morning if weather cooperates. All Stock with an Aura8 AFCS.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                          Just finished mine last night, plan to maiden this morning if weather cooperates. All Stock with an Aura8 AFCS.

Tom
                          Good luck to you Tom. I hope the weather is agreeable for you.The F-22 is a sweetheart to fly and land.
                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I have the A3L in mine. Admiral 10ch receiver as well. I run elevator, ailerons, nose stearing and rudder through it and it is on all the time. I set only gain 1 and turn gain 2 all the way down. I have not bypassed the blue box and don't see a need to do so. My A3L is wired in between the blue box and receiver. Gain 1 is at about 10 o'clock and it is solid in the air.
                            Thanks RCjetdude -- I have purchased an A3L and will install tomorrow. A couple of questions:

--Where did you mount your A3L? I know it's recommended to mount as close to CG as possible, although in MotionRC videos, where impractical to do so, they are sometimes mounted ahead of the lipo. Do you think it makes much difference? I could mount just behind the lipo position (below the rear hatch edge).

--Second, the setup refers to the servo frequency and choice of three settings. I'm probably searching for the wrong thing, but can't find out any information as to the servo frequency for the F-22 (or any other Freewing or Flightline plane for that matter). Does anybody know?

I've got an Admiral 10-channel dual diversity Rx and Spektrum DX8 G2. My plan is to run Mode to CH7 (switch digitally adjusted for "off" and "gyro" only) and Gain to CH8 (right knob). I will turn the unit's gain 2 all the way off as indicated.

Comment

• They say every RC model has an expiration date. Sadly, my F-22's expiration date was today.

I had just completed a great 3rd flight I had one more battery. Took her up, everything was going great and I decided to come in for some touch and go's...Problem is, for whatever reason I decided to cut my approach angle short and was going to go between two light poles. Not a big deal as the poles are plenty enough apart. Problem was it was a new angle, my depth perception was WAY off (and total focus was on the jet) and that was all she wrote. Lesson here kids, do NOT change your pattern! Or, perhaps I can blame it on aliens. There. I feel better. Aliens. Yeah, that's it!

The camera luckily survived. The battery took damage. Not sure if it's still salvageable. Plenty of spare parts for when I get a new one sometime this Spring or Summer. Oh, she will be back!!

The third flight was great...

But who are we kidding? Let's see the gory guts and blood!!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aros.MotionRC;n173198]They say every RC model has an expiration date. Sadly, my F-22's expiration date was today.QUOTE]

Ouch! That puts a dent in the hobby wallet. You could have tried to hit that pole all day and not hit it that dead on.....

Comment

• Oh man, that really sucks. I've been there and done that (lightpole). I think I only had 8 flights on my first one as well. Hope you get another one in the near future.
                                  Pat

Comment

They say every RC model has an expiration date. Sadly, my F-22's expiration date was today.

Awesome...if you're going to crash make it big and get it on video:Cool:
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

Good luck to you Tom. I hope the weather is agreeable for you.The F-22 is a sweetheart to fly and land.
                                      Thanks Bill. The maiden went well. Just two clicks of right aileron trim. Only flew it twice including the maiden and came in too hot each time. It's only my second EDF, the other is the Flex Jet. Still have a lot to learn when it comes to Jets.

Tom

Comment

They say every RC model has an expiration date. Sadly, my F-22's expiration date was today.

I had just completed a great 3rd flight I had one more battery. Took her up, everything was going great and I decided to come in for some touch and go's...Problem is, for whatever reason I decided to cut my approach angle short and was going to go between two light poles. Not a big deal as the poles are plenty enough apart. Problem was it was a new angle, my depth perception was WAY off (and total focus was on the jet) and that was all she wrote. Lesson here kids, do NOT change your pattern! Or, perhaps I can blame it on aliens. There. I feel better. Aliens. Yeah, that's it!

The camera luckily survived. The battery took damage. Not sure if it's still salvageable. Plenty of spare parts for when I get a new one sometime this Spring or Summer. Oh, she will be back!!

The third flight was great...

I appreciate your sense of humor. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                          Ouch! That puts a dent in the hobby wallet. You could have tried to hit that pole all day and not hit it that dead on.....
                                          That's always the thing, right?! You could TRY to hit the damn thing and it would take several attempts. There can be great irony in this hobby of ours.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X