X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
    I just tried powering the Rx directly from a 2s Life pack, 6.6v. The rudder servos were nice and quiet, but the steering servo didn't work at all?! I found that surprising. Gotta think about this some more...
    When I switched the OEM BEC to 6v when I was building the raptor a while back, neither the rudder steering or landing light worked. Thought that was very odd, they worked again just fine when back on 5v.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      Careful, I don't think the servos are supposed to be powered with more than 5V or it could damage them.
      I think Alpha drew the line at 6.0 v back in the A-10 thread. (my memory is not what it used to be) Regardless, a 2s life is more than the system will take at 6.6 v. Chances are the landing light doesn't work with that much voltage either.
      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

I think Alpha drew the line at 6.0 v back in the A-10 thread. (my memory is not what it used to be) Regardless, a 2s life is more than the system will take at 6.6 v. Chances are the landing light doesn't work with that much voltage either.
        Yes, I think you are correct Bill.

Comment

• I purchased just a spare fuse, mainly because I needed the EDF cover. Does anyone know what kind of servos they call these in the F22. Are they micro / mini / full ect?

Comment

• Here is my FW F-22 in Hawaii ANG markings. I live in MI so I`ve only got 2 flts on it. I`m also 82 yrs old so I don`t fly in under 40 degrees anymore (ha ha)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifty View Post
              Here is my FW F-22 in Hawaii ANG markings. I live in MI so I`ve only got 2 flts on it. I`m also 82 yrs old so I don`t fly in under 40 degrees anymore (ha ha)
              Awesome! So glad you are here! Welcome to Hobby Squawk.

Comment

• GOD bless Drifty! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Thanks Hardway your blessing is appreciated!

Comment

Here is my FW F-22 in Hawaii ANG markings. I live in MI so I`ve only got 2 flts on it. I`m also 82 yrs old so I don`t fly in under 40 degrees anymore (ha ha)
                    82 and flying EDFs, hats off to you sir! Glad to have you here with us.

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Drifty! Your Raptor looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by TRMRC View Post
                        I purchased just a spare fuse, mainly because I needed the EDF cover. Does anyone know what kind of servos they call these in the F22. Are they micro / mini / full ect?
                        Considering how much a fuselage costs to get the $5 cover I think I would have made one instead

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

82 and flying EDFs, hats off to you sir! Glad to have you here with us.
                          I agree. Salute, Drifty.
                          Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Drifty, you give us all great inspiration. I'll be turning 70 in a couple months and I can only hope I'm still going strong like you in 12 years. I noticed once you get over the hill, you pick up speed.LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by TRMRC View Post
                              I purchased just a spare fuse, mainly because I needed the EDF cover. Does anyone know what kind of servos they call these in the F22. Are they micro / mini / full ect?
                              9g metal gear digital standard with 500mm lead : nose gear door
                              9g metal gear digital standard with 300mm lead : nose gear steering
                              17g metal gear digital standard with 300mm lead : left aileron, right aileron
                              17g metal gear digital standard with 200mm lead : left flap, right flap
                              17g metal gear digital standard with 100mm lead : left elevator, left rudder, right rudder
                              17g metal gear digital reverse with 100mm lead : right elevator
                              AMA 424553

Comment

• Nice shot of an Air Force '22 simulator.
                                Tom

Comment

• Been waiting to get a F22 the last few weeks motion just raised the price $50 on all the F22 they have been out of stock on original price last few weeks , this sucks ????

Comment

• Not just the F22 bro, looks like it's pretty much across the board. :Crying2:

Comment

• Wow, that’s a big price jump. Guess I won’t be buying that new plane anytime soon.

Comment

• Blame the trade war!!

Comment

• Didn't the same thing happen with the A10 when it was released? Thought it was pre-order pricing

Comment

Working...
                                          X