Views:	855
Size:	475.1 KB
ID:	172079Click image for larger version

Name:	D4C05A81-01A6-44C3-8F63-DBDC01A92C42.png
Views:	797
Size:	497.1 KB
ID:	172078
    Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post
    Anyone found any paint that matches the underbelly? Still wondering...
    Scroll up to the beginning of the thread if you want the paint colors. The paint in the photo matches the bottom. It’s also on the F-14

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
      Click image for larger version  Name:	DFF40FDA-E9DF-4A66-A2F0-5DC4F44C9635.png Views:	1 Size:	475.1 KB ID:	172079Click image for larger version  Name:	D4C05A81-01A6-44C3-8F63-DBDC01A92C42.png Views:	1 Size:	497.1 KB ID:	172078

Scroll up to the beginning of the thread if you want the paint colors. The paint in the photo matches the bottom. It’s also on the F-14
      Home depot or lowes will match paint as long as you bring dry sample

the vertical stab would be a perfect sample

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        I am going total bone stock and will report my findings by next weekend. ;)
        I'm pretty much with you on this one Todd. Just put it on the bench yesterday. Great looking bird out of the box. My only mods at this point are the RCGeek centerburner and mayby something for orientation on the underside. Went with the 6S for its light weight and flight envelope.

If I can find someone to print the wingtube fairing and nose gear brace, I may add those too.

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
          Perfect, thanks!

Comment

• Love this jet. My fan is a bit beat up but MRC is out of stock, anyone have a link to find one somewhere else?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	7ECC00DE-CEAD-4746-908E-1E189752F6E8.jpeg
Views:	759
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	172134Click image for larger version

Name:	23265381-602A-4E49-AD71-FBD807DF90A4.jpeg
Views:	739
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	172133
            Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

• Originally posted by Papadave418 View Post
              Love this jet. My fan is a bit beat up but MRC is out of stock, anyone have a link to find one somewhere else?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	7ECC00DE-CEAD-4746-908E-1E189752F6E8.jpeg
Views:	759
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	172134Click image for larger version

Name:	23265381-602A-4E49-AD71-FBD807DF90A4.jpeg
Views:	739
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	172133
              You might try Gary with efflux RC.com

Comment

• I wonder how the JF would compare to the stock one. Stock 6S is a 9B and so is the JF... But $5 vs $75...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  I wonder how the JF would compare to the stock one. Stock 6S is a 9B and so is the JF... But $5 vs $75...
                  Yikes. MotionRC is $5.99 haha. I emailed Gary to ask. I got his 8s set up for my Avanti and love it, but don’t want to spend $75 when I jus tend a fan blade!

Comment

• Originally posted by EddyRC View Post
                    Fantasy scheme, IDF F22
                    ERC, Lovin' the Israeli livery. Do I note a 'desert' theme in your hanger, i.e., your A-10 avatar? I did my A-10 in the desert scheme as well. Just like those colors. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Love this jet. My fan is a bit beat up but MRC is out of stock, anyone have a link to find one somewhere else?
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	7ECC00DE-CEAD-4746-908E-1E189752F6E8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	277.8 KB ID:	172134Click image for larger version  Name:	23265381-602A-4E49-AD71-FBD807DF90A4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	172133

if your looking for the impeller itself 9 blade only

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7715

maybe you were talking about another fan i see it in stock

90mm 9 Blade Ducted Fan from Freewing - P0905 For the Freewing F-4 Phantom II and F/A-18C Hornet 6S 9 blade version.

Last edited by tengarang; Jan 14, 2019, 12:12 PM. Reason: looks like fan is in stock @ MRC

Comment

• I should have noted I have the 8s set up, which is a 12 blade I believe

Comment

• after doing some research going to go with the ARF kit and power this bad boy with G+ series 6s 5000mah 55C China Hobby Line setup and keep it light

Power using the FMS 90mm Fan 1900KV 3546 outrunner
                          http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-90mm-12-...fan-with-motor

OR

Power using the Freewing 12 blade 6s setup 1835KV 4068 Inrunner.... this motor is much bigger at a less expensive KV....which means more thrust can be expected. However the FMS Fan should be much lighter, and with good reviews too.
                          https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...+90mm+12+Blade
                          http://hobby-paradise.com/en/product...ct_detail.html

with gecko or predator esc's,

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...o-high-voltage
                          https://www.motionrc.com/collections...c-with-8a-sbec

WIll use a 4000uF bypass capacitor to rectify any output BEC conflicts using the multiple BEC method via 2s 1300mah pack mentioned in my earlier posts to prevent any plausible chance of bec failure due to high voltage step down to 5V powering the rx.

a 7 Channel Lemon RX with satellite (always include a satellite with spectrum DSMX, as pockets of failures will occur in various regions depending on where you fly) or re-badged

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ersity-antenna
                          https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ersity-antenna
                          Last edited by tengarang; Jan 14, 2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

The servo horn on the outside as designed is a much simpler setup than what I did and for the vast majority of people I think is fine. I really appreciate Alpha taking the time to make this stuff available to us. Part of the joy of this hobby is the ability to make changes and there is more than one way to make things work. For him to take the time to design the part and then determine how best to make it work and then to build it up and try it out is phenomenal! The plane is already released and I am sure he has other things he is working on for us to enjoy. The plane was designed to be a great flyer and likeness of an F-22. It is not scale but I am extremely happy with it even down to the extra outer gear doors that don't completely cover the wheels, the lack of lights and no TV. I am somewhat of a scale nut and I easily get so caught up in some detail that I over complicate it. As time has progressed I have found that I end up getting to enjoy a plane less and less as a result. Right now I just want to fly but every now and then a plane comes along that makes modding easy such as the Raptor.
                            Hey Steve just want to make sure you and everybody else understands I was not disparaging MRC or Alpha with my comments. Simply that I like your design better. Alpha and MRC are far above reproach.

Comment

I should have noted I have the 8s set up, which is a 12 blade I believe
                              Here you go

or if you want alternatively a macro view of what is also available with this configuration of a fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

ERC, Lovin' the Israeli livery. Do I note a 'desert' theme in your hanger, i.e., your A-10 avatar? I did my A-10 in the desert scheme as well. Just like those colors. Best, LB
                                Yes sir! Here are few pics:

Comment

• Plus they mount to the motor differently, but you know that... :)

Any time you change something be ready for side effects such as this. Even some 80mm or 90mm rotors in the same brand will not mount to other set ups that are the same size and brand. And then how motors mount to shrouds...

Always best to come on a forum and say what you are planning to do before you spend the money...

Originally posted by Papadave418 View Post

Yikes. MotionRC is $5.99 haha. I emailed Gary to ask. I got his 8s set up for my Avanti and love it, but don’t want to spend $75 when I jus tend a fan blade!

Comment

• A whole different thing. Teng is showing you a good site. Just make sure you get the exact same FW rotor the plane came with.

Paradise is also a good site.

Originally posted by Papadave418 View Post

I should have noted I have the 8s set up, which is a 12 blade I believe

Comment

Plus they mount to the motor differently, but you know that... :)

Any time you change something be ready for side effects such as this. Even some 80mm or 90mm rotors in the same brand will not mount to other set ups that are the same size and brand. And then how motors mount to shrouds...

Always best to come on a forum and say what you are planning to do before you spend the money...

best advice ive heard in a long time good points :)

Comment

A whole different thing. Teng is showing you a good site. Just make sure you get the exact same FW rotor the plane came with.

Paradise is also a good site.

rc-castle and Paradise virtually carry the same products, im not quite sure though i think Raymond runs them both... at the very least i think they are affiliated with each other, the pricing is exactly the same for all items offered on these sites(s)

Comment

• I just looked and Castle doesn't list the 8S rotor. Motion list it but it's out of stock... This could be a rock and a hard spot situation...

Comment

Working...
                                          X