Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to HobbySquawk Mike_James. You definitely have some good insight on the Raptor. She is a great flying bird. Enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      Welcome to HobbySquawk Mike_James. You definitely have some good insight on the Raptor. She is a great flying bird. Enjoy!
      Thank you! Enjoying your mods.
      Mike James - http://www.mikejamesmedia.com

Comment

• Welcome Mike! Really fantastic work there. I too have been waiting for a decent scale quality and performing foam F-22 Raptor for years and this is definitely it. You won't be disappointed!

I haven't had time to fully peruse your website, can your models be used for FSX and other flight simulators?
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Welcome Mike! Really fantastic work there. I too have been waiting for a decent scale quality and performing foam F-22 Raptor for years and this is definitely it. You won't be disappointed!

I haven't had time to fully peruse your website, can your models be used for FSX and other flight simulators?
          Thank you! Most of the models I create are "all about the details". That typically makes them unsuitable for flight sims, unless many parts were removed, and they were reduced in resolution. (like other "gaming" resources".

Comment

• That makes sense....Again, great job!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by darkangel1 View Post
              I would like to install the Spektrum ar636a reciever in my f22...still yet to maiden.....i downloaded the E-flite Phantom f4 srm file to use as i figure this to be the closest....Does anyone use the ar636 in there f22 and able to post the srm they are using,it would be very much appreciated
              What is your email? This platform will not allow srm uploads

Comment

• Mike, I read your post and went to the link. Are you offering a service or what? I am not sure I got this part. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                  Mike, I read your post and went to the link. Are you offering a service or what? I am not sure I got this part. Thanks.
                  Hello Pheonix. My post here was simply to share information on the actual F-22, for those who are fanatics. (like me) I do this sort of aviation-related 3D work or a living, but aside from the visuals, it wouldn't be of use to people building this kit.

Comment

• Too cool of an evening not to post. Unfortunately the camera lady was throwing a ball for a dog... next time I’ll have her record. She made up for not filming by taking the majority of these pics, including the RC Geek "Centerburner" with aluminum ducting tape while on her stomach ;)

For the people that ask about flying on grass strips; this is the lowest the grass has been cut all season and I am currently running the 9 blade outrunner on 6s. The plane does great! Even with the smaller nose wheel and larger batteries than usual.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DC6C2294-C2E0-4373-BBCD-A78DDAED3F31.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	197599Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40629.jpg
Views:	1031
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	197607Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40616.png
Views:	1029
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	197604Click image for larger version  Name:	20B90CD3-FFA2-4F10-B85D-66DA4CD95D40.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	197600Click image for larger version  Name:	9F1A9C92-6ADA-4AAC-B3AF-A83DE8F5731A.png Views:	2 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	197606 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_40630.jpg Views:	13 Size:	180.6 KB ID:	197602

Comment

• Nice dusk sunset shots!
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Ok so i ordered 2 8s versions (just for good measure lol) and im hearing some guys loosing complete power with no control upon dropping the landing gear and or flaps.

Is there a weak link somewhere on this bird i should know about?

Some have reported the blue box failing on rudder/steering. I bypassed my blue box for all control surfaces and steering. Please if anyone knows of any issue this plane may have do let me know.

Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
                          Ok so i ordered 2 8s versions (just for good measure lol) and im hearing some guys loosing complete power with no control upon dropping the landing gear and or flaps.

Is there a weak link somewhere on this bird i should know about?

Some have reported the blue box failing on rudder/steering. I bypassed my blue box for all control surfaces and steering. Please if anyone knows of any issue this plane may have do let me know.

Chris
                          Wow I haven’t heard about the complete loss of power, that’s scary. My blue box worked fine for about 30 flights then one day I landed, and my steering wasn’t working when I tried to taxi back. So I rerouted just the steering directly.

I’d be interested in finding out more about the gear down loss of power potential. I am running 8s as well
                          Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

• Heres a video of one bloke who had a "hiccup" or "brown out" upon takeoff and raising the gear. Then on landing he lost total power when dropping the gear and flaps.

he also said he was trying a new admiral rx and gyro..

Comment

• After approximately a dozen flights with the 6s fan, I’ve installed a Schuebeler HDS Fan with a HET 700-68-1400 motor. The motor can take 8 or 10s. While 8s is fine with low Amps, 10s is awesome. Here is a ‘Hatcam’ video of one of today’s flight. Top speed according to my Multiplex GPS Sensor was 238km/h (147mi), no signs of airframe over-stress. Note that I’ve closed the two ‘cheater holes’ on the bottom.

Freewing F-22 Raptor 90mm mit Schübeler DS-51-AXI-HDS Impeller, HET 700-68-1400 Motor, YGE 120 HVT Steller, 2 x 5s Red Power Lipo 4500 mAh

Click image for larger version

Name:	03017F03-88B2-4319-B90F-F87F32BAB7B8.jpeg
Views:	1002
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	198424

Comment

• That adds some horsepower! :Cool:
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                                  After approximately a dozen flights with the 6s fan, I’ve installed a Schuebeler HDS Fan with a HET 700-68-1400 motor. The motor can take 8 or 10s. While 8s is fine with low Amps, 10s is awesome. Here is a ‘Hatcam’ video of one of today’s flight. Top speed according to my Multiplex GPS Sensor was 238km/h (147mi), no signs of airframe over-stress. Note that I’ve closed the two ‘cheater holes’ on the bottom.

Freewing F-22 Raptor 90mm mit Schübeler DS-51-AXI-HDS Impeller, HET 700-68-1400 Motor, YGE 120 HVT Steller, 2 x 5s Red Power Lipo 4500 mAh

Name:	03017F03-88B2-4319-B90F-F87F32BAB7B8.jpeg
Views:	1002
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	198424

Did you ever fly it in stock form from that grass? How did it do?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    Did you ever fly it in stock form from that grass? How did it do?
                                    Yes, I did. About 80m take-off run. About 30 degree flaps helped a lot.

Comment

• Going from 6s to 10s is a rather significant jump. Definately feel a huge difference in power. Must be awesome.

Comment

• 150mph on 10s... that sounds about right in that airframe. We tested a couple 8s systems but not 10s. Two friends of mine converted theirs to fly 12s 6000! I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it fly with my own eyes. They definitely hit a drag wall though.

Name:	IMG_20190518_160921.jpg
Views:	1426
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	198456
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Yes, I did. About 80m take-off run. About 30 degree flaps helped a lot.
                                          That's a very long run and I witness that myself with some of my jets. My grass field is very similar to yours. Recently, I have been replacing the stock outrunners with inrunners (higher KV if I can find them) just to reduce the take off distance on that grass. I am reluctant to go 8s or more due to cost. I prefer to look for the inrunner "high speed" versions of a plane instead.

Comment

Working...
                                          X