X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
    Downwindleg, sorry to hear about the F22. I hope you're back in the air soon. It happens to us all.
    Thanks T-Cat! Might need a dose of lasagna to perk me back up. Do you make house calls?LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Hey Tom, I'll be interested in what F106DeltaDart comes up with. I'm trying to avoid replacing the fuselage....mainly because I would have to do allot of wire routing for the formation lights and reinstalling the ones below the cockpit. The starboard aileron is pretty beat up too but MRC doesn't sell replacement ailerons......just the whole wings as a pair.
      Sorry to hear about the damage! Here is the little I’ve done so far on moving the nose gear back. Pogo, sorry it took so long to post this! The first step was to extend the gear bay farther back, and remove the plastic tray that mounts the retract. From here, you’ll need to remove the blue box and get it out of the way. It is essentially sitting on the scale position for the gear. I then extended the channels that hold the retract tray aft until they popped through the foam wall and extended into the battery bay (see photo). I then foam-tac’d the tray in place. I’m currently working on some plywood formers that will sit inside the battery bay to provide structural support to the retract tray. It’s still a work in progress, and moving all too slowly, but I hope this helps. Best of luck on the rebuild!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Sorry to hear about the damage! Here is the little I’ve done so far on moving the nose gear back. Pogo, sorry it took so long to post this! The first step was to extend the gear bay farther back, and remove the plastic tray that mounts the retract. From here, you’ll need to remove the blue box and get it out of the way. It is essentially sitting on the scale position for the gear. I then extended the channels that hold the retract tray aft until they popped through the foam wall and extended into the battery bay (see photo). I then foam-tac’d the tray in place. I’m currently working on some plywood formers that will sit inside the battery bay to provide structural support to the retract tray. It’s still a work in progress, and moving all too slowly, but I hope this helps. Best of luck on the rebuild!
        Thanks so much F106. I'm still not sure whether to repair or replace. Slowly assessing the damage... looks like there is a crack/split in the fuselage through the battery bay area. I always have to let a day or two go by before I start digging into the damage to mellow out. At this point, it may be a winter project as we are now into the flying season in my part of the country.

Comment

Thanks T-Cat! Might need a dose of lasagna to perk me back up. Do you make house calls?LOL
          Hahaha! Lasagna does have a miraculous way of perking a person up. It's like miracle food. It's magical and never gets old, to me at least. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in between. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Hahaha! Lasagna does have a miraculous way of perking a person up. It's like miracle food. It's magical and never gets old, to me at least. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in between. LOL
            I've seen you at the field many times and have never seen this miraculous lasagna you speak of....am I doing something to offend you:Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
              Someone has already flown one on 12S I think and in my opinion it is just insanely fast and looses it's appeal as a result but hey, different strokes for different folks.
              I agree. This jet loves to be looked at either slow or fast but I really like the slow flight myself. There is something said for being able to go slow and know you can move if need be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

I've seen you at the field many times and have never seen this miraculous lasagna you speak of....am I doing something to offend you:Thinking:
                Ha-ha....that's my dream, eating fresh home made lasagna at the flying field. My mother and grandmother are the only ones I know to make it extremely well in the family. If I could make it as good I'd bring it to the field often LOL. Then again, that could turn into an issue as having Lasagna less often like it is now is helpful for my overall calorie intake. :)

Comment

• I just wanted to show how I put in the Hobby Eagle A3Super3 in my Raptor. I have had no issues. I have my gain on a knob and 3 different flight modes on a 3 way switch on my Futaba 8J so I can adjust it remotely. It's not needed but it does make this bird all that more enjoyable to fly under less than ideal flying condition. I have a A3Super3 in all my larger EDF's and it just performs well. I also show where I have the connector lead. Since the Gyro is under the battery tray it's out of site but I can still connect to my program card or PC if need be. Enjoy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190423_115904.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	191462Click image for larger version

Name:	20190423_115942.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	191455Click image for larger version

Name:	20190423_115953.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	191456Click image for larger version

Name:	20190423_115904.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	191464Click image for larger version

Name:	20190423_120216.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	191458

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Reborn8 View Post

I agree. This jet loves to be looked at either slow or fast but I really like the slow flight myself. There is something said for being able to go slow and know you can move if need be.
                    I also find myself just cruising around 1/2 throttle most of the time, 6S is plenty for me, it will go vertical after a low slow pass, 10 or 12S would be nuts I bet.:Scared:

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks for posting the photos of your progress thus far Delta- that's a big project you've undertaken. Your third pic from the side of the jet looks so good with the gear where it should be- please keep us updated! :Cool:
                      Tom

Comment

• Plus 2 on that!:Cool:

Comment

• Thanks guys! Will definitely post more as I keep making progress.

Comment

• Finally caught a break in the weather and got the grass runway prepped for EDFs. Maiden +2 on the 6S Raptor.
                            Thanks to the developement team and Motion, it was another stress free EDF experience.
                            She has a very wide flight envelope and is just a joy to land. :Cool:

Comment

• Congrats! :Cool:
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                Finally caught a break in the weather and got the grass runway prepped for EDFs. Maiden +2 on the 6S Raptor.
                                Thanks to the developement team and Motion, it was another stress free EDF experience.
                                She has a very wide flight envelope and is just a joy to land. :Cool:
                                Ha! Just goes to show what wonderful things can happen when your not having "senior moments" with a new plane.LOL Hope to be there soon.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                  Dang! Sorry Pat. How did the canopy mod turn out for you?
                                  Steve how does some one order or get your F-22 canopy mod pieces? Also interested in the F-4 elongated nose mod.

-TSM

Comment

• Can't remember where I saw how to lower or zero out the time delay for the lannding ger on the Raptor 22. Would appreciate the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
                                      Can't remember where I saw how to lower or zero out the time delay for the lannding ger on the Raptor 22. Would appreciate the help.
                                      Didn't know you could do that?

I just plugged the mains into a triple Y harness and plugged that into my RX, then plugged the single landing gear lead coming from the blue box into the Y as well, this way the nose gear has the delay for the doors but still goes up a little bit slower than the mains, looks awesome when you rotate and hit the switch, gear goes up right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
                                        Can't remember where I saw how to lower or zero out the time delay for the lannding ger on the Raptor 22. Would appreciate the help.
                                        I would be very interested in that myself as I don't have any triple y harnesses. I could probably solder one but changing the time delay would be the max.:Cool:

Comment

I would be very interested in that myself as I don't have any triple y harnesses. I could probably solder one but changing the time delay would be the max.:Cool:
                                          I get my triple Y harnesses from MRC, I bought 10 of them last time and only have 2 left, I have found them to be very useful.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X