• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Salute_(15796367978).jpg
Views:	994
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	190318

When I ever get around to changing out my NoseWheel on this one, those NoseDoors are gonna get cut down to the absolute minimum size necessary while I'm at it down there. The Smaller NoseWheel makes those already oversized doors look even worse on there. A nice LandingLight for that strut is in order too.
    Completely agree man!! That is the next thing on my list. I moved my nose wheel back to the scale location and switched to the f-16 nose wheel. The smaller doors and the landing light are the perfect detail touches to add!

Comment

• Originally posted by Visva11 View Post
      +1 for f22. I know everyone has different taste.
      I'm not a fan of f100. So it depends to you if you want to buy that particular jet or not. I'll just skip the f100 if it ever comes out. Or might even buy a v2 F22 if there's one because I like it the way it is. So simple. Just my opinion.

But I totally disagree the thing saying motion is not listening to their customer. If they are not, we might have not seen a scale f18c! They still listen thats why they give us different schemes too
      I would also pass on a f100, Airplane Jet companies are there to make money therefore they put out what sells. Popular well known models are the best sellers, its a fact. i waited for this size F22 done right and they delivered! Eagerly awaiting the F35 this size and quality!

Comment

• I’m about to maiden mine soon, regarding rates I was told to use the books low rats as my
        high rates. Is this still true?
        Planes
        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
          I’m about to maiden mine soon, regarding rates I was told to use the books low rats as my
          high rates. Is this still true?
          Not sure who told you that but I have very high (at least the published high rates) for my highs. I even put in full span ailerons and tailerons to get faster rolls... But I also have TVs for even more aileron and elevator.

What I'm saying is you'll want more for high rates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post

Not sure who told you that but I have very high (at least the published high rates) for my highs. I even put in full span ailerons and tailerons to get faster rolls... But I also have TVs for even more aileron and elevator.

What I'm saying is you'll want more for high rates.
            I’ll fully admire for the maiden I’m just doing patteren, getting it trimmed and setting up for approaches.

I have High mid and low rates with 30 expo
            high rats are book published high rates, Mid are book low rates and low rates are 10%ish of the mid rates.
            Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Completely agree man!! That is the next thing on my list. I moved my nose wheel back to the scale location and switched to the f-16 nose wheel. The smaller doors and the landing light are the perfect detail touches to add!
              I'd love to see photos of your progress with this Delta! Moving the gear back was more work than I could face but good on ya'! The huge doors bug me too (a lot) so a few weeks ago I removed ~32mm from the back end of them- looks a bit better, I think. The removed pieces are glued in place and the gaps covered with tape- of course the magnets are now non-functional but I didn't see the need. The 2nd photo shows that ~50mm of door length can be removed from the front if the little F-16 wheel is used, still unknown if it'll work on our grass field that is yet to open. This will entail removing the door servo and going with sprung hinges on scratch built, re-hinged doors, closed mechanically by the strut as it sweeps closed. I have some ideas... Another issue might be cooling air getting into the battery compartment- the large gaps in the stock doors were (I hope) designed in for that purpose. Nicely fitting custom doors won't do that.
              I love this aerospace stuff! :Cool:
              Tom

Comment

• I'll be moving my NoseGear back as well and Cutting out the Front Door/Hinges and everything... splicing the Door parts back together to the proper length and setting it up that way with some nice Reinforcements to the NoseGear mount (In the event I raise the CellCount on this one at some point). It only seems right to do it this way on this one. There's plenty of Material up there to accomplish this.

Comment

• Got 2 flips in. Holy crap it floats. I truly didn’t expect it
                  we had good but if changing winds which made things interesting but only live once

I use book low rates as my high rates. Alieron are find, could use little more elevator. Rudder was fine as well. Rudder was 75%
                  Planes

Comment

Got 2 flips in. Holy crap it floats. I truly didn’t expect it
                    we had good but if changing winds which made things interesting but only live once

I use book low rates as my high rates. Alieron are find, could use little more elevator. Rudder was fine as well. Rudder was 75%
                    Awesomeness !!! A wish for many more 'GreatFlights' to you !! Cheers

Comment

Yeah, I landed long as well on my maiden, was not expecting it to float like it did, glad I have a long runway.
                      I don't go by any book rates, I start with very low rates and go up or down, I'm flying with only 20mm elevator, 20mm ailerons, 20mm on the rudder/steering and 35mm on the flaps with no elevator mix, it flies perfect for me and tracks straight down the runway. Fixed the retract delay on the rear retracts, plugged the two rear retract leads into a triple Y harness straight to the rx, then plugged the nose gear lead coming out of the blue box into the same triple Y harness, gear goes up now as soon as I leave the runway, very scale takeoffs now. So I bypassed the blue box on the rear retracts but not on the nose gear because of the gear door delay, don't know if anyone else noticed but the nose gear retracted faster than the mains anyway, so it works out perfect as they all go up together now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• She wanted to roll good bit to the left. We had 10-14mph wind. Looked at the rear horizontal stab and the right rear TE is up just a very small tad than the left

for wing surfaces. I started out at the end, got the aileron surface level with wing tip and the moves on to the flaps.
                        Planes

Comment

Congrats!!! Now you're ready for the A-10:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

I'd love to see photos of your progress with this Delta! Moving the gear back was more work than I could face but good on ya'! The huge doors bug me too (a lot) so a few weeks ago I removed ~32mm from the back end of them- looks a bit better, I think. The removed pieces are glued in place and the gaps covered with tape- of course the magnets are now non-functional but I didn't see the need. The 2nd photo shows that ~50mm of door length can be removed from the front if the little F-16 wheel is used, still unknown if it'll work on our grass field that is yet to open. This will entail removing the door servo and going with sprung hinges on scratch built, re-hinged doors, closed mechanically by the strut as it sweeps closed. I have some ideas... Another issue might be cooling air getting into the battery compartment- the large gaps in the stock doors were (I hope) designed in for that purpose. Nicely fitting custom doors won't do that.
                            I love this aerospace stuff! :Cool:
                            Tom
                            I'll post some photos on the weekend when I get back into working on the Raptor. The mount for the gear is done hoping to start on the door mods next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Congrats!!! Now you're ready for the A-10:Cool:
                              I’m gonna have to fly the F-22 for a little bit first lol
                              Planes

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                Congrats!

However, I don't get the lack of love for the F-22? I hear that a lot..."Not my favorite" or "Not a fan, but..." More than any other model I can think of.

I love the F-22! It looks totally badass, contemporary and heads and shoulders cooler looking (to me) than the F-35. A lot of folks admit it's a great model but there always seems to be the "Not my favorite..." attached. Can anyone explain?

In most cases they just dont't want to admit it. It's just friendlier and does more. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

In most cases they just dont't want to admit it. It's just friendlier and does more. Just my opinion.
                                  Oh I will admit it, it's ugly and that's all there is to it , but I had to try one to see what all the hype was about , you know what, it looks better in person and it flies awesome as well and now that I have it in my hangar it has grown on me, actually thinking about adding some drop tanks to it, anyone done that yet?;)

Comment

• How are you guys flying this in with full flaps? Full flaps in general has been something that is not clicking for landing. No flaps/take off flaps i'm fine with.. One jet I'm trying ot master before moving on is the E-flite Viper. I bounce on the runway. I never bounce when I come in with no flaps or just a little bit of flaps.
                                    Planes

Comment

How are you guys flying this in with full flaps? Full flaps in general has been something that is not clicking for landing. No flaps/take off flaps i'm fine with.
                                      Not sure what your asking? I drop full flaps 35mm on my downwind leg, turn base leg to final approach with very little power but enough not to sink to fast and it just floats right in with a nice flare but just as I'm about to touchdown I add in a little power for a nice greaser landing, one time I tried a real floater with a high AOA and feathered the throttle all the way in, it will land very slow that way, but I don't recommend it. I don't have any elevator to flap mix either and it flies straight and level, the book calls for some mix but mine doesn't need any.

Comment

• The last 30 to 40 seconds of this video pretty much says it all for slow landing speed.with flaps https://youtu.be/u6sy1RKm4Hw?t=543
                                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Wow, now that's slooooow! I suspect a healthy head wind helps. ;)
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X