Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 for f22. I know everyone has different taste.
    I'm not a fan of f100. So it depends to you if you want to buy that particular jet or not. I'll just skip the f100 if it ever comes out. Or might even buy a v2 F22 if there's one because I like it the way it is. So simple. Just my opinion.

But I totally disagree the thing saying motion is not listening to their customer. If they are not, we might have not seen a scale f18c! They still listen thats why they give us different schemes too

Comment

• What gets released today may have been high on the request lists of the past due to the development cycle. Just a thought. As for an F100... I'm with Aros. It doesn't trip my trigger but if Freewing came out with one in an 80mm or larger size I would likely get one. As for me, my favorite planes have already been made except for two but they are not something I expect to see anytime soon because of the nature's of the beasts. The F-22 however was to me somewhat of a sleeper until Freewing came out with the 90.

Comment

• It appears to me from watching the Forum that the F 22 has extremely good acceptance, I know that at our flying field the F 22 gets more looks and admiration than all the others put together. I love to fly it. As for age I suspect that I am older than most and it sure fits with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaldendifer View Post
          I have to respond to Mr Woodcock. I'm older (70). Not cool. But I do have the 8 cell f-22. It is absolutely the best flying one out there. Very fast , very aerobatic! No boneheadedness in designing and marketing this jet by any means. If anything I think it is a home run for Motion RC. Granted when I first saw it, it wasn't like F-16, F-18. But it has become my absolute funest jet to fly,( I have : YAK 130 8cell; Flex Jet; F-4 8cell, A-10, ME 130; DeHavaland DH 112. ) Thank you Motion RC!
          Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Jaldendifer! You've got a a nice fleet there!

Woody, you make me chuckle. As Aros said, we're all friends here.

As to development cycles, some of what has already been posted is absolutely correct. Looking back at the models we've produced over the past few years, the order might not seem important, and some people might wonder why we didn't make X plane before Y plane. But in truth, each model we've made was tailored to the time in which we made it. We could not have made in 2015 the F-22 as we delivered it in 2018. This is due to many, many factors. So, I'd encourage us all not to correlate what plane is produced with when it is produced. They'll all get made --as long as we're alive, we'll be making new products. In the meantime, enjoy what is available and try not to overthink the future. Statistically speaking, there's a great chance we're going to curveball you, anyway.

LOL
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Pitch away!!!! My hangar will always have room for one more!!!! :P;):Cool: Thanks Alpha!

Comment

• I'm liking it, 4 more flights this morning, 9 all together. This thing flies very good, very smooth flyer and with a little throttle management I'm getting 3 minutes easy. I changed out the nose wheel, it's the nose wheel from the 90mm F-16, what do you guys think?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                I'm liking it, 4 more flights this morning, 9 all together. This thing flies very good, very smooth flyer and with a little throttle management I'm getting 3 minutes easy. I changed out the nose wheel, it's the nose wheel from the 90mm F-16, what do you guys think?
                Looks great DCORSAIR. I tried to put that wheel on my F-22 but it just wouldn't fit and once I shoe horned it in, it was dragging like the brakes were on. How the heck did you get that wheel to work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                  Did I ever say there was any Boneheadness in the Design of the F-22? Alpha developed this plane, this guy is top shelf, I'm certain the F-22 is a great flying EDF. As for us old guys, I'm 63, if I live I'll be 70 pretty quick. Give me a break, I'm sorry if I offended anyone, sincerely.

Am I the only idiot here that remembers how many people were calling for an F-100 when the F-22 showed up? Now I'm certain the F-22 is a great flying plane, I never questioned it. I'm glad all of you all like it, I mean that sincerely.

As I've said in the past, they all can't be just for me. I got a C-130, a Grumman Albatross, and soon to get a Freewing Blue Angels F-18. I'll probably get (2) a Blue one and a Grey one. Love the plane, I'm around them every day. I can't wait. So please carry on, James ask a question I tried to respond. Once again my sincere apologies if I offended anyone.

Woody
                  Woody,

I believe AROS asked the question, not James.

As for your thoughts on the F100 vs F22 and the notion that the F100 would be a record seller or whatever, here is one simple way to look at it. If they would have made a F100 instead of the F22, they would have sold 1 plane to you and none to me. Since they made a F22 instead of a F100, they sold 1 plane to me and none to you. You have to get off that idea of "this is what everyone wants" soap box. Obviously NO ONE knows 100% what would or would not sell well. But the way you are acting about getting what YOU want is the exact thing you are accusing Alpha of doing... designing only the planes HE likes. Get a grasp and maybe grab yourself by the shoulders and pull yourself out of that place you were referring to.

Comment

• I've bought just about every FW EDF that's 70mm and up, multiples of many of them. But when the F-22 came out I said no way. I guess I have more money than sense and I bought one. I did it for a few reasons but not because I liked the looks of the plane, or the all up weight. Getting it and putting TVs on it and doing a bunch of mixes for different modes and finally making it a bit faster with a JF 8S I've really enjoyed flying it. It isn't my favorite but it does have a unique personality and is fun to fly.

I really want a VTO F-35 (would settle for a Harrier too) but a nicely made 80mm F-100 would be something I'd buy. I would think for every person that want's plane X there is also a person that would want plane Y or Z even though some people have been asking for some pretty weird planes on here.

Comment

• I got my F-22 last week. I was eager to get it together and she flies great. I am really enjoying it. I have flown it around 10 times so far. I have been having a ton of fun with high alpha flight. This bird just has a ton of potential. I have been flying for about a year and have the Freewing 80mm Super Scorpion, Freewing 70mm V2 F-16, Freewing 64mm A-10, Freewing L-39 and Freewing 70mm F-35. I love Freewing and MotionRC! he F-22 is by far my favorite jet so far. I must thank all the people on the forums and MotionRC for all the great work they have done on giving advice on this great jet and all planes really. I felt very confident in buying this bird and a special shout out to Alpha for explaining in one of his videos the slow flight characteristics of this jet. After his video I felt very confident that I could fly this $500+ model (as I bought the PNP version). He was great in easing my anxiety and when I had my maiden…It was pure bliss. I am still amazed and to know that as I get better this jet will grow with me. You can’t beat it. Thank you all! I am a member at the Chula Vista RC CLub in Southern Cali and I fly this bird on a 500 ft paved runways. It only needs a small portion to take off and land though. She's so smooth. I did install a A3Super3 gyro near her CG and I have the gain on a knob on my Futaba 8J. Awesome!!

I wanted to do something different with my F-22’s color scheme as we all like to customize our birds so I call this “Digital Confetti”

It’s very easy to see from distance as I like to fly much farther out than most.

Comment

• Very cool!!!!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          Very cool!!!!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:
                          Thanks Hardway!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                            Looks great DCORSAIR. I tried to put that wheel on my F-22 but it just wouldn't fit and once I shoe horned it in, it was dragging like the brakes were on. How the heck did you get that wheel to work?
                            Brad, the F-16 MAIN wheel was binding in my nose strut as well but the F-16 NOSE wheel has no issues- which have you got? The considerably smaller nose wheel (45 vs. 65mm) sure looks better but I'm not sure how it'll do on our grass so I'll fly first with the stock one .
                            Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Brad, the F-16 MAIN wheel was binding in my nose strut as well but the F-16 NOSE wheel has no issues- which have you got? The considerably smaller nose wheel (45 vs. 65mm) sure looks better but I'm not sure how it'll do on our grass so I'll fly first with the stock one .
                              Tom
                              Hey Tom, I had the F-16 MAIN wheel as well. I do have the nose wheel too but, like you, I'll fly stock to start with for grass ops.:Cool:

Comment

• Well there you go, that's why it's binding, so now this conundrum can be laid to rest. :Cool:
                                Tom

Comment

• Ha! ;) George is just magic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                                    Well there you go, that's why it's binding, so now this conundrum can be laid to rest. :Cool:
                                    Tom
                                    Thanks Tom. I talked about this problem quite awhile ago but didn't really get a useful response. But you, my friend, actually put out info that was readily usable.:Cool:There is a distinguishable difference in answers if you get my drift.;)

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                      Sorry I missed your question, I didn't do anything special to mine, I had and extra 90mm F-16 nose gear retract in my junk box with the wheel on it so I just took off that ugly large wheel off the 22 and put the small F-16 wheel on it, had no issues, have several flights with it, no problems.:Cool:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Salute_(15796367978).jpg
Views:	998
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	190318

When I ever get around to changing out my NoseWheel on this one, those NoseDoors are gonna get cut down to the absolute minimum size necessary while I'm at it down there. The Smaller NoseWheel makes those already oversized doors look even worse on there. A nice LandingLight for that strut is in order too.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Sorry I missed your question, I didn't do anything special to mine, I had and extra 90mm F-16 nose gear retract in my junk box with the wheel on it so I just took off that ugly large wheel off the 22 and put the small F-16 wheel on it, had no issues, have several flights with it, no problems.:Cool:
                                          Yeah, I just didn't realize it was a nose wheel rather than a main gear wheel. As Tom said, I may wait 'til after a few flights before changing it out due to grass ops. Also waiting on vectored thrust mod "til I get some flight time in.

Comment

Working...
                                          X