Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can’t wait to fly mine. It is my first scale jet. I have the Taft Hobbies Viperjet under my belt and the HSD Super Viperjet. So judging from all the posts this should be no great feat. I am out of the country working but when I get back I am heading for the club field. I have a bunch of FWjets built and awaiting the maiden but Ihave chosen the F-22 to cut my teeth on.

Comment

• Good choice. You will have no problems...Very smooth and tame scale jet. Just watch for street light poles. Ask me how I know. LOL ;)
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        Wow, now that's slooooow! I suspect a healthy head wind helps. ;)

It will do them without a headwind as long as your on/off the power and drag it in, I'm now at 40mm of flaps and it lands just fine with no elevator mix programmed in.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Oh I will admit it, it's ugly and that's all there is to it , but I had to try one to see what all the hype was about , you know what, it looks better in person and it flies awesome as well and now that I have it in my hangar it has grown on me, actually thinking about adding some drop tanks to make it not look so clean.;)
          When I come in with full flaps, I tend to bounce. I think it's me trying to get through the ground effect to quickly?
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

When I come in with full flaps, I tend to bounce. I think it's me trying to get through the ground effect to quickly?
            Sounds like the issue, full flaps means fly it in, add power to smooth out the touchdown while holding the flare, sounds like your letting it plop down, full flaps can fool you into thinking you can float it in the whole approach, so becareful with that, just practice nothing but full flap approaches and you will get the hang of it.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Sounds like the issue, full flaps means fly it in, add power to smooth out the touchdown while holding the flare, sounds like your letting it plop down, full flaps can fool you into thinking you can float it in the whole approach, so becareful with that, just practice nothing but full flap approaches and you will get the hang of it.:Cool:

Thanks. Maybe I’ve been doing it wrong the whole time. Typically I fly level and sent my decent with throttle, let it come down and flare just enough for main to touch first. Hold the flare and start to reduce the throttle further. At that point I’m 15-20” off the ground going in to ground effect. With full flaps I though you could come in under the slowest speed vs no flaps and half flaps. But need extra power because of the increased drag

This is where I think I’m doing it wrong. I’m not use to the ground effect so to speak for flying through it. On the F-22 video. As he hits ground effects he just hold throttle and elevator. He just flys through it waiting for the wind to settle under the wings and go away. Why aises the plane to gently come down.

Heres me landing F-4. Yes I came in to hot
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Thanks. Maybe I’ve been doing it wrong the whole time. Typically I fly level and sent my decent with throttle, let it come down and flare just enough for main to touch first. Hold the flare and start to reduce the throttle further. At that point I’m 15-20” off the ground going in to ground effect. With full flaps I though you could come in under the slowest speed vs no flaps and half flaps. But need extra power because of the increased drag

This is where I think I’m doing it wrong. I’m not use to the ground effect so to speak for flying through it. On the F-22 video. As he hits ground effects he just hold throttle and elevator. He just flys through it waiting for the wind to settle under the wings and go away. Why aises the plane to gently come down.

Heres me landing F-4. Yes I came in to hot
                https://youtu.be/xaY3MrzK5gU
                Wow, nothing wrong with your F-4 landing, looked great to me. I know a lot of pilots say to fly level and desend, I like to get the nose up as soon as I turn final and let the flaps do their thing. Don't know if you can see what I'm talking about in this video but this is my FW F-4 on final, go to the 2:40 minute of the video.

Comment

• Very NicelyDone DC,.. That was a Text Book F-4 Landing. Line Up, Set the Attitude, Set the Throttle maintain a constant Approach Angle and most importantly ... Leave everything Alone !!! Hahahahaha
                  I see so many Guyz ThrottleJockeying their Jets...Chopping the Throttle and then giving little Throttle Jabs and chasing their angle with the Stabs !! Your landing was Perfect !!! Looked like I was flying it !!! Cheers

Comment

• That is really the key for great landings...I fully admit I too often fall into that "throttle/stab jockeying" sometimes...Old bad habits die hard I guess. Some jets allow you to get away with that much more than others. However, every approach should be handled precisely the same way. Good stuff!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I had a successful maiden with the F-22. A few clicks if right aileron trim and she was on course. At the recommended CG I felt the F-22 was a bit nose heavy. Flying with an older admiral 6s 5000mah. I CG’d at 150 mm per manual. Anyone flying with a similar battery that has pictures of where their batteries are located in their fuselage and wish to share please do as I’d like to see where others are flying. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutter262 View Post
                        I had a successful maiden with the F-22. A few clicks if right aileron trim and she was on course. At the recommended CG I felt the F-22 was a bit nose heavy. Flying with an older admiral 6s 5000mah. I CG’d at 150 mm per manual. Anyone flying with a similar battery that has pictures of where their batteries are located in their fuselage and wish to share please do as I’d like to see where others are flying. Thanks in advance.
                        i fly with a HRB 6000 mah 50c, battery pushed all the way back with no issues!

Comment

• Got a nice quick sunset sortie in this evening...I noticed a pretty pronounced tail waggle on my passes...You can most definitely see it in the video. Any of you aerodynamic folks have any ideas for the cause? I haven't noticed it before...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I have an A3-L in mine, so it is rock solid. Next time I will do some high speed passes with the gyro off and see if it wags it’s tail!:Cool:

Comment

• Are you talking about the porpoising up and down on final or something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                I have an A3-L in mine, so it is rock solid. Next time I will do some high speed passes with the gyro off and see if it wags it’s tail!:Cool:
                                Cool man, thanks! I have about 10 flights or so on this bird and this is the first time I have noticed the tail waggle on WOT passes. I will have to check my servos/rods/horns to make sure nothing is loose.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                  Are you talking about the porpoising up and down on final or something else?
                                  How dare you.

LOL
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Cool man, thanks! I have about 10 flights or so on this bird and this is the first time I have noticed the tail waggle on WOT passes. I will have to check my servos/rods/horns to make sure nothing is loose.
                                    HI Aros, were you flying in a crosswind? I have noticed that my EDF's (all FW: Rebel, Stinger 90 & A-4) all have a tail waggle in a crosswind. Am fitting a Spectrum AR7350 to my F-22 to see if that solves the issue.

Comment

How dare you.

LOL
                                      LOLLOL;):Cool:

Comment

• “Shake ya tail feather”

”shake whatcha momma gave you”

both of this came to mind. Lol

are you using the hobby eagle that has on gain knob for all the control surfaces?
                                        Planes

Comment

• Hi Monty, no there was no crosswind...It was pretty calm last evening....thisguy65, I do not have any gyro in mine so it wouldn't be a gain issue...Thanks for the ideas folks I will dig deeper into it today...
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X