Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then that's how I'll balance it- thanks Steve.
    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Luisito View Post
      Here’s a really cool up close in flight perspective of my F22 Raptor.
      Luisito, Great Video, those air-to-air shots are just outstanding. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I'm just going to leave this here. How slow can it go...

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Nice...I see the flag was horizontal so must have been a strong headwind...Kids, don't attempt that speed without a healthy headwind. LOL
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• That took all the fun out of the challenge. I was looking forward to the results of a calm day..LOL It's a 15 mph sock so it was somewhere between 10 and 15 on the nose.Sure beats that kind of airflow from the side.
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Boy does it ever! LOL
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• O.K. finally got the replacement blue box coming from MRC. No charge thank you very much. Once that's here, I can finish up the lights and have control of the port flaps and aileron. Been working on the tricolor scheme for the F4U bubble top in the meantime but anxious to get the Raptor ready to fly. Just a matter of weeks before my field is ready for use. All the fly guys here are chomping at the bit. Hey Todd, I think we might have a date with destiny this spring/summer!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                  Hey Todd, I think we might have a date with destiny this spring/summer!:Cool:
                  Let's hope so Brad!!! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Nice piece of flying my friend.:Cool:

Comment

• Thanks Brad!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          Great Flight Aros! that take off was the S**T!!! :Cool:
                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Here’s a question, has anyone done a side by side comparison with the F-22 at Banana and MRC F-22? Their exterior specs are basically exactly the same, so is there price, twin 70’s vs single 90, Banana boasts new and stronger retracts... I think it would be interesting. Has LX made any real improvements?

Comment

• If anyone has both, please post a photo side by side! It's been several years since LX released their F-22. If LX did improve their retracts to modern standards (goodbye plastic mechs), that would be really nice. We requested they do as much over five years ago.

I have always personally liked the LX airframes as baselines and the advantages of their EPS foam especially in black models like the Blackbird and the Berkut. There are quite a few other differences, though, especially in terms of scale outline, battery bay size, electronic components, hardware, hinges, ducting, wing connections and plastic reinforcements, spare parts, and service.

I did quite enjoy my LX F-22's smoke bomb function though. It looked really nice on low passes close in on a sunny day!
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I found this video online that shows both side by side. Personally, I wouldn't buy the twin 70mm EDF LX version this day in age when I have the choice to purchase Freewing's single 90mm EDF version, and I have many reasons why. Everyone is different though, and someone may find the LX F-22 more appealing for their own reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  If LX did improve their retracts to modern standards (goodbye plastic mechs), that would be really nice. We requested they do as much over five years ago.
                                  Here's what it says about the retracts on their webpage:
                                  "Durable threated rotary shaft driven retract system (no more stripping servos)"
                                  Maybe the guts have changed but they are still those Mickey Mouse looking plastic struts on the outside and with those dinky little wheels, grass ops will be a challenge. The retracts would still be the first things to go. In this hobby, glitz, extra features and outward appearance will always sell to those NOT in the know. But to me, all those LX "extras" look great and lend to great press. Unfortunately, all those extras together makes for an OK package but no single one item work really well. Those in the know and those who are experienced in this hobby realize very quickly that simplicity and top notch functionality are the keys to a fine model.
                                  As for having 2 x 70mm fans vs 1 x 90mm fan, it's not unlike hoses in the fire service ......................... One big one will always outperform two smaller ones. Two 70mm does NOT equate to one 140mm fan.
                                  Finally, we must concede that Pete is an expert, seasoned RC pilot. He can make a manhole cover look good in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                    I found this video online that shows both side by side. Personally, I wouldn't buy the twin 70mm EDF LX version this day in age when I have the choice to purchase Freewing's single 90mm EDF version, and I have many reasons why. Everyone is different though, and someone may find the LX F-22 more appealing for their own reasons.

Excellent Find! Thank You. Hey Alpha any surprise the fan blew??!! Thanks again T.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post

Excellent Find! Thank You. Hey Alpha any surprise the fan blew??!! Thanks again T.
                                      Hehe! I have never trusted LX fans and my LX planes have always been "kits" where I put my own stuff in. Mind you, I've seen Freewing fans explode, too, but that may have been the owner's fault for not doing a preliminary check and balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                        Everyone is different though, and someone may find the LX F-22 more appealing for their own reasons.
                                        I have no earthly idea why? LOL (Sorry couldn't help myself).

To piggyback on xviper's comments LX feasts on those with lesser knowledge in the hobby who are hooked by looks alone. That was definitely me years ago when I started in the hobby. Their models LOOK nice but the components and internal quality is just lacking and apparently not much has changed. I don't say this because I am an MRC employee I say this because it's a fact: Freewing is King when it comes to the marriage of great-looking models with quality components, flight characteristics and engineering. I am proud to be associated with them.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          Here's what it says about the retracts on their webpage:
                                          "Durable threated rotary shaft driven retract system (no more stripping servos)"
                                          Maybe the guts have changed but they are still those Mickey Mouse looking plastic struts on the outside and with those dinky little wheels, grass ops will be a challenge. The retracts would still be the first things to go. In this hobby, glitz, extra features and outward appearance will always sell to those NOT in the know. But to me, all those LX "extras" look great and lend to great press. Unfortunately, all those extras together makes for an OK package but no single one item work really well. Those in the know and those who are experienced in this hobby realize very quickly that simplicity and top notch functionality are the keys to a fine model.
                                          As for having 2 x 70mm fans vs 1 x 90mm fan, it's not unlike hoses in the fire service ......................... One big one will always outperform two smaller ones. Two 70mm does NOT equate to one 140mm fan.
                                          Finally, we must concede that Pete is an expert, seasoned RC pilot. He can make a manhole cover look good in the air.

A lot of your points would appeal to the Masses and Patrons of Mediocrity out there. However, most true Scale AeroModler's, with all those glitzy rivets applied would dismiss your comments as the Babblings of their Patron Saint !! I won't make a Judgement here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X