Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The screws/hardware that hold on the horizontal stabs (set screws, control horn), do the threads go in to plastic or metal? What I'm getting at is to use blue loctie or just some foam tac
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Plastic. Since these are not machine screws, seriously doubt they'd back out, but Foam Tac would be fine.
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

You know I didn't measure where the battery was, I just moved it to the point where it balanced at 150mm and marked it. To me that was all that was needed. The batteries being 5000 mah to 5500 mah.
        Yeah, I was just looking for a measurement or a picture showing battery placement by someone with basically the same mods. Thanks anyway.:Cool:Tom got me what I needed. I wouldn't have thought the operable canopy and cockpit upgrade would have made such a difference in battery placement, especially with the afterburner mod at the aft end.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Hey Tom , that is exactly the response I was looking for and within an 1/8" of where my battery wound up. Thanks for stepping up and helping my friend.:Cool:Just needed to know I wasn't off my rocker.
          Glad to help Brad!
          You still may be off your rocker however... LOL
          Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Glad to help Brad!
            You still may be off your rocker however... LOL
            Tom
            So true!LOLLOLLOL

Comment

• Cant wait, mine come tomorrow. Is there any thing I should do setup wise or radio wise? Hows the nose gear sensitivity?
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                Cant wait, mine come tomorrow. Is there any thing I should do setup wise or radio wise? Hows the nose sensitivity?
                Do you mean the nose steering?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Do you mean the nose steering?
                  Yea sir running 6 channel rx.
                  Planes

Comment

Cant wait, mine come tomorrow. Is there any thing I should do setup wise or radio wise? Hows the nose gear sensitivity?
                    Mine too, delivery late evening looks like for me anyway, I live out in the country so sometimes it takes most of the day to get a pkg. Hopefully maiden on Saturday if no problems on assembly. Plan to pin those dorky knuckles and change out that ugly grass friendly front wheel to more of a scale looking one and that's it, might fly it as is first though to see if this jet is going to stay in my hangar or not..............:)

Comment

Yea sir running 6 channel rx.
                      I have a smaller nose wheel on mine and run around 40% or more expo on the rudder which makes it not overly sensitive on the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Mine too, delivery late evening looks like for me anyway, I live out in the country so sometimes it takes most of the day to get a pkg. Hopefully maiden on Saturday if no problems on assembly. Plan to pin those dorky knuckles and change out that ugly grass friendly front wheel to more of a scale looking one and that's it, might fly it as is first though to see if this jet is going to stay in my hangar or not..............:)
                        Same here but sometimes they surprise me and come early. Oh well I only work 3 hours tomorrow, then it's time for the weekend LOL

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I have a smaller nose wheel on mine and run around 40% or more expo on the rudder which makes it not overly sensitive on the ground.

I'm glad I ask because typically keep rudder at 100% and expo at 20ish. Thanks Steve!
                        Planes

Comment

You would be one of the very few who didn't keep it in their hanger. A wonderful flying plane, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Comment

• DC, not a hangar queen!!! ;):P:Cool: Trust me, you will say how do I fly that T-45??

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

I want to clarify this a little bit. If you have not yet flown any jet, I would not recommending starting with the 90mm F-22 simply because of the size and the price. Once you graduate from a prop plane to a jet, I would recommend starting with a 64mm jet simply because they are cheap and cause less damage if you have a mishap. Once you want to move up to a 90mm jet, the F-22 is the place to start due to the wide flight envelope which will appeal to experts and people new to 90mm jets alike.

I fully agree. I started flying about a year ago. I have flown 64mm (Freewing F-18) , 70mm (Freewing F-16) and 2 X 80mm Jets (Freewing Scorpion and L-39). I felt very confident in the F-22 and the maiden went off without incident. Awesome jet! Go buy and go rule the sky!

Comment

• Based off the EDFs I have owned and flown I would say for the 70mm class the F-16 V2 flies wonderfully. For the 80mm class you can't beat the Avanti. The 90mm class I would put the F-15 (heavy but still flies great for a scale jet) and F-22 in the easier category. I suspect the new F/A-18C Hornet will join that club as well.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Well, maiden flown this morning with no issues, this thing flies like no other jet in my opinion, fast or slow and I mean slow, it came to a complete stand still then just mushed forward, stock CG, Gensace 5000 60c pushed all the way forward, 5 flights on it, lands like a trainer. I will say this, it won't be my favorite because I'm just not a fan of the 22 but it flies excellent and looks great in the air, very scale looking, also my kit went together nicely, everything works like it should. It will entertain me until the F-18 arrives.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Congrats! I agree 100% with your assessment.

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                    Well, maiden flown this morning with no issues, this thing flies like no other jet in my opinion, fast or slow and I mean slow, it came to a complete stand still then just mushed forward, stock CG, Gensace 5000 60c pushed all the way forward, 5 flights on it, lands like a trainer. I will say this, it won't be my favorite because I'm just not a fan of the 22 but it flies excellent and looks great, also my kit went together nicely, everything works like it should. It will entertain me until the F-18 arrives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reborn8 View Post

I fully agree. I started flying about a year ago. I have flown 64mm (Freewing F-18) , 70mm (Freewing F-16) and 2 X 80mm Jets (Freewing Scorpion and L-39). I felt very confident in the F-22 and the maiden went off without incident. Awesome jet! Go buy and go rule the sky!
                                      Reborn, welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Glad you are onboard!!! :Cool:

Comment

Well, maiden flown this morning with no issues, this thing flies like no other jet in my opinion, fast or slow and I mean slow, it came to a complete stand still then just mushed forward, stock CG, Gensace 5000 60c pushed all the way forward, 5 flights on it, lands like a trainer. I will say this, it won't be my favorite because I'm just not a fan of the 22 but it flies excellent and looks great, also my kit went together nicely, everything works like it should. It will entertain me until the F-18 arrives.
                                        Congrats!!!! It is hard to explain until you fly it, but it is just a great flying airframe!!! I am not a F-22 fan either, but I am getting there!!!! LOL Have a blessed weekend DC!!

Comment

• Congrats!

However, I don't get the lack of love for the F-22? I hear that a lot..."Not my favorite" or "Not a fan, but..." More than any other model I can think of.

I love the F-22! It looks totally badass, contemporary and heads and shoulders cooler looking (to me) than the F-35. A lot of folks admit it's a great model but there always seems to be the "Not my favorite..." attached. Can anyone explain?

My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X