X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scale Master View Post

lol thanks boys... and yes its from Callie Graphics, took about 3 hours to get it on, then sprayed a dull coat over the bird. Thank God for those guys.... they make us all look good! Do any of you guys know how to get ahold of RC Jet Dude..... I'm trying to order the F-22 open canopy mod pieces and the Freewing
    F-4G Advanced Wild Weasel nose mod.
    What did you spray? Did you cover up servos/linkages
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

What did you spray? Did you cover up servos/linkages
      I hand painted the servos and linkages with some matched paint that I mixed together myself.

Comment

I hand painted the servos and linkages with some matched paint that I mixed together myself.
        You mention you sprayed a "dull coat" after applying the graphics. I didn't know if you covered up the linkages when you sprayed the dull coat.
        Planes
        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• SM, Click his icon from another post and send him a Private Message (PM) or go to the Message Center, Click "New Message", Type RCJetDude, Highlight him as Sendee, Then it's pretty much an email from there. That should do it. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Finally got to maiden my 8s F22. Man, it did not disappoint! Only got two flights in but it will get plenty more very soon! Can't wait to explore the flight envelope a bit more but already got it into a mild high alpha on the second landing. Heck of a job on this one Alpha and everyone at MRC! :Cool:
            Attached Files

Comment

• Right on! Another happy F-22 club member. :Cool:
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Another maiden here in Germany. 6s with the full set of my 3D printed intake duct fairings. Awesome model! :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2844.jpg
Views:	1482
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	192341Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2845.jpg
Views:	1466
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	192342

Comment

• Congrats! :Cool:
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

You mention you sprayed a "dull coat" after applying the graphics. I didn't know if you covered up the linkages when you sprayed the dull coat.
                    Nope everything;) covered with paint. Has no effect on function, and I been doing that for years!

Comment

• Light painting won't bind up linkages.

Heavy painting can glue the servo output shaft in place.

Just dab a little vaseline or something similar around the output shaft to ensure paint doesn't seep into the top bearing.
                      We also apply a bit of vaseline to Robart hinges or other pin-bearing hinges to prevent glue or paint from binding them up.
                      Cheap and easy to prevent a problem. Not so easy to deal with if you get paint or glue where it doesn't belong.
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Nope everything;) covered with paint. Has no effect on function, and I been doing that for years!
                        Same. Been spraying over everything for 20 years... :Cool:
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey guys could one of you kind souls help me. I took a hard landing in the wind. Flip the plane on its back and the side with the steering arm . The foam by the rear gear door hinge. Does that area flex more than the right side? Just trying to make sure I don’t have no cracks on the backside. Can’t see in there enough. I did put some foam tac in there for insurance. And used popsicle sticks to help give that area some
                          ridgitiy.
                          Planes

Comment

• Without in person examining the damage, we can't really tell you if the repair is adequate. It may be great... it may be overkill.... it might not hold.

I commonly will insert long toothpicks, thin CF rod, bamboo skewer or other material to stiffen and strengthen areas I think need it. The popsicle sticks are not a bad idea.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                              Without in person examining the damage, we can't really tell you if the repair is adequate. It may be great... it may be overkill.... it might not hold.

I commonly will insert long toothpicks, thin CF rod, bamboo skewer or other material to stiffen and strengthen areas I think need it. The popsicle sticks are not a bad idea.
                              If you look at the area on your plane you see there is much less foam on the wall that the gear door is attach to on the left vs the right side. Just curious if those that haven't had a hard landing if that area flexs. I can get a video latter.

There appears to be no separation, I only found one small crack at the door hing, which just used small nozzle over the foam tac bottle to inject foam tac in to the crack.
                              Planes

Comment

Without in person examining the damage, we can't really tell you if the repair is adequate. It may be great... it may be overkill.... it might not hold.

Here you are my friend

Planes

Comment

• Order placed... can't wait to get this in my hands.:Cool:

Comment

While on the subject of reinforcing, I noticed a fair amount of flexing going on while working on the model over the winter in the fuse just where it exits the ducts. I used Foam-Tac to glue in 1.5x4.5mm CF strips along the sides and it seems stiffer, so may help in a hard landing ( not that I've ever had one, but it's possible...).
                                    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

While on the subject of reinforcing, I noticed a fair amount of flexing going on while working on the model over the winter in the fuse just where it exits the ducts. I used Foam-Tac to glue in 1.5x4.5mm CF strips along the sides and it seems stiffer, so may help in a hard landing ( not that I've ever had one, but it's possible...).
                                      Tom
                                      Thank you. I’m heading to the store now, I’ll grab some

could anyone comment on my video above. Just curious of the area in question
                                      Planes

Comment

Thank you. I’m heading to the store now, I’ll grab some

could anyone comment on my video above. Just curious of the area in question
                                        I doubt that what you are pointing out are cracks. They apprear to be compression wrinkles. That would be where the foam creases at the weakest point from pressure toward the creases. It most likely happened either when you touched down hard and the nose flexed downward or when it was upside down and the pressure on the top of the nose flexed the area toward the gear doors.

Reinforcing the area will make it more rigid again and help keep the creases from getting any worse. That's assuming that future landings are gentler:):Cool: .

Happy Landings, tj

Comment

• Originally posted by papaflyer View Post
                                          I just thought I would share some pictures of my new paint scheme for an idea if anyone is looking for options . It does help me to see it better when its cloudy. Used stencils from Amazon .

Very cool. I like it. I did one similar on mine and call it "Digital Confetti".

Comment

Working...
                                          X