Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow that looks absolutely fantastic! DItto what Alpha said, please post in the Classified forum as well.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• This is cool. Makes me want to charge up my batts and go fly her today...AGAIN! :)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
        I personally like painting the servos, since I usually color match with latex paint from Home Depot...great for touch ups. It's not easy to get vinyl to match a painted surface with the proper satin or dull finish. I still have to paint the vinyl, and if the servo dies, there just more work to recover damaged foam around the servo pocket and repaint after servo replacement. Then again, that could just be my luck! :Silly:
        Xplaneguy... I was holding the rear pieces in place while letting the glue dry with some blue painter's tape, but when I peeled the tape off the paint came off with it. Which one of your colors will match the center and side pieces that get glued on in the rear? I need to go get some touch up paint:Crying:

Comment

• I spent some time today admiring a friend's F-22, which I'd call 'fully loaded". He installed a 12s JetFan system, TheRCGeek's CenterBurner plus a battery for it, electric brakes plus a battery for it, and two 6s 6200s for flight batteries! I jokingly remarked "you're way beyond my design limit!", but he flew it very well and the model slowed down to a crawl for landing just like the stock setup does (which is almost 3 pounds heavier!). His flight was about five minutes in the safe range. It's nice to see the extent to which pilots personalize their models, whether it be in performance or aesthetics.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make our Raptor a tremendous hit!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I bought both 8S (1680) and 12S (1200) JF systems to have a choice for the new F-18 when it gets here. Last week I pulled the 8S 1680 JF from my F-22 and put in the 12S to try it. I flew it on 11S and 12S with both being about the same battery weight as I fly the 8S. The 11S was okay but the 12S rocked. I did put the 8S back in it though. Set up the way I have it, full span ailerons, tailerons, and other surface mixes along with thrust vectoring I like the JF 8S the best.

Comment

• So im having some challenges setting up my ar7350 receiver. Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..... im almost out of ideas.....

when i assign port 7 (right elevator) as aux 2- i have control and ability to set expo and end points (individually) for each elevator channel (7&3) however i do not have gyro on port 7 right elevator (aux 2) this setting is under normal tail. Under duel tail it will not accept setting port 7 as aux 2.

When i setup duel elevator with port 7 (right elev) and port 3 (left elev) i have gyro gains on each but when i make individual expo and endpoint adjustments on port 7 it applies those adjustments to both channels and when i trying to make endpoint adjustments on port 3 it does nothing.

confused? Haha

Comment

• Im just looking to have duel channel elevator controls to be able to make fine tune individual adjustments on each side and have gyro gains applied to both. Apparently you need to be a computer programmer to do this.

horizon hobby phone staff is no help as they provide conflict of information depending on the rep u get.

Almost out of options so im seeing if there are any experts here that know what im trying to do. Im hoping the fix or setup is simple. I will continue to futz in the meantime....

Comment

• Originally posted by Flightsss View Post
                  Im just looking to have duel channel elevator controls to be able to make fine tune individual adjustments on each side and have gyro gains applied to both. Apparently you need to be a computer programmer to do this.

horizon hobby phone staff is no help as they provide conflict of information depending on the rep u get.

Almost out of options so im seeing if there are any experts here that know what im trying to do. Im hoping the fix or setup is simple. I will continue to futz in the meantime....
                  Taileron wing type... Then mix the aileron function to the ailerons. and dial down the aileron function on the tail planes. But with the RX set up for a flying wing it will apply its corrections to the tailplanes.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• has anyone tried the 6S 'high speed' F-22 setup? not hearing much on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post
                      has anyone tried the 6S 'high speed' F-22 setup? not hearing much on it?
                      Do you mean the FW 4068-1835kv set up on 6S or? If so, I had it in mine and it worked great, lots of vertical and flight times were 3 minutes easy, longer if you backed off some.....:)

Comment

• Had a rather serendipitous landing this evening. I came in hot due to having to come in on the high approach over evergreen trees thanks to the sun's position so the rollout took her beyond a gate and my vision. All I could do is guide her where I thought she would have a decent chance to not hit anything and stay on the pavement. The first photo shows the gate (facing the direction of the landing and high approach), the second and third photo shows exactly where she stopped before I picked her up.

:)

Click image for larger version

Name:	goodspot1.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	195979

Name:	goodspot2.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	195980

Name:	goodspot3.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	384.9 KB
ID:	195981
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• You darn Rebel!
                          Planes
                          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                            Had a rather serendipitous landing this evening. I came in hot due to having to come in on the high approach over evergreen trees thanks to the sun's position so the rollout took her beyond a gate and my vision. All I could do is guide her where I thought she would have a decent chance to not hit anything and stay on the pavement. The first photo shows the gate (facing the direction of the landing and high approach), the second and third photo shows exactly where she stopped before I picked her up.

:)

Name:	goodspot1.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	195979

Name:	goodspot2.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	195980

Name:	goodspot3.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	384.9 KB
ID:	195981
                            Now that's funny!

At least you didn't find anymore poles :)
                            Rich

Comment

• I was actually thinking about not hitting one of the poles that was near by! "Oh no, not another pole!!" LOL
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I would like to install the Spektrum ar636a reciever in my f22...still yet to maiden.....i downloaded the E-flite Phantom f4 srm file to use as i figure this to be the closest....Does anyone use the ar636 in there f22 and able to post the srm they are using,it would be very much appreciated

Comment

• Hi everybody, This is my first post here. I'm seriously considering the 90mm F-22 kit, (6s) and having browsed the forum here now for a while before joining, thought some of you might be interested in this... I make my living doing aviation-related 3D (CAD) work, and one of the projects I've done over the years is an extremely detailed Raptor model. The article begins at http://www.mikejamesmedia.com/raptor_2015_upres_01.html (oriented toward fellow 3D modelers, so ignore the techno-babble) and has a huge number of images, animations, and explanations about how some of the things on the Raptor work. I live in Anchorage, Alaska, so I get to see Raptors fly over my house every day, and of course also at the "Arctic Thunder" air shows. Enjoy!

PS> Note, as it says on my site, that I'm not at liberty to redistribute any of the documentation used to build the 3D model.

Name:	raptor_2015_162_top_panels_factory.png
Views:	681
Size:	857.6 KB
ID:	197186
                                  Mike James - http://www.mikejamesmedia.com

Comment

• As the lead developer for our F-22 project, please let me be the first guy to welcome you home to Hobby Squawk, Mike_James! In translating the real aircraft to a flying RC model there are many adjustments we make which I'm sure someone like you can spot. You have quite an interesting profession and I admire your creation, it appears to have taken years to execute. I'm also sure more than a few of the other guys here will be drooling over your 3D models for additional references to enhance the scale fidelity of their Freewing 90mm F-22 Raptors.

Again, welcome!
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Glad you are here! Great work! :Cool::Cool::Cool: Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Glad you are here! Great work! :Cool::Cool::Cool: Jerry
                                        Thank you very much, Jerry!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          As the lead developer for our F-22 project, please let me be the first guy to welcome you home to Hobby Squawk, Mike_James! In translating the real aircraft to a flying RC model there are many adjustments we make which I'm sure someone like you can spot. You have quite an interesting profession and I admire your creation, it appears to have taken years to execute. I'm also sure more than a few of the other guys here will be drooling over your 3D models for additional references to enhance the scale fidelity of their Freewing 90mm F-22 Raptors.

Again, welcome!
                                          Thank you, Alpha.MotionRC! (Sorry, I'm new here, and don't know your real name.) Yes, I see the adjustments you've made, but they make perfect sense. With foam, you have to do that, and without the actual Raptor's super-sophisticated flight control system, I think you made smart choices in regard to the thicker flying surfaces, control functionality, etc.. I've watched a huge number of YouTube videos by different pilots on this aircraft, and there's actually quite a long list of things I like about this kit. The main one is that you've created an aircraft that looks enough like a real Raptor to present itself well in the air, and it's large enough that it flies with stability. With scale accuracy, and in particular with scale control surfaces with sharp edges, etc., you'd have to go to composites, which would mean more weight, which would mean more power, which would mean more weight, etc., etc., until you end up with a $15,000 (or more) turbine kit. I've already been down the fabrication rabbit hole, building plugs, molds, etc., and although it was educational, a jet like yours, which can fly at scale-like speeds, without costing a fortune, is exactly what I've been wishing for, for many years. I've seen your prices on replacement parts too, which are reasonable, and appreciated. Well done! I'm looking forward to flying this one!

PS> Now we need a B-2!

Comment

Working...
                                          X