Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No issues on heat ...using heat protection
    8 flights so far ...
    Can take direct heat of up to 500゚ and ambient heat up to 2000 good stuff..

Comment

• If I were you I will try to add the weight to the front.

Comment

• Added led afterburner was a tricky with a turbine in thier but worked it out .And wing tanks ..
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
          Click image for larger version Name:	P_20190408_172149.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.8 KB ID:	189101 O.K. different subject. Just got around to balancing the Raptor and found that the battery(Admiral 5000) had to be pushed so far back to balance that it's out of strap range.:Thinking: Has anybody else had this issue? It's easy enough to cut new slots and move the strap aft but I'm just wondering if I missed something. Forgive all the loose wires as I haven't got everything like the operable canopy wiring and lit instrument panel sorted out yet. Those wires have to be extra long so I can pull the hatch back a ways for battery changing.
          Looks like I answered my own question. I went back to Alpha's preferred setup and found that my battery position is pretty much on. I didn't realize that there are already 3 strap positions(slots) provided and Alpha had moved his back to the middle strap position which allowed the strap to be more towards the middle of the battery while mine came stock with the strap in the front position.:Whew::Cool:

Comment

• WARNING! – WARNING! – WARNING!

This may be old news but if your research for products and supplies turns up a RC supplier called VampowerPro or Urban Products Inc. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT try to buy anything from them, not even a screw because that’s what you’ll get!!! I learned the hard way and though I didn’t lose any money (my CC company reversed charges) I wasted so much time chasing them for information. They don’t take calls; their mailbox is full and don’t return any emails and I just learned this has been going on for 8+ years. My bad for not conducting any due diligence on them. I’ve never seen any company as bad as these dirt bags and I’m surprised PayPal hasn’t shut them down so heed the warning!

Comment

• Hey Grover, good to know for sure. BTW I am back to the original question on battery placement and cg. After I cleared all the loose wiring out of the way and pulled the battery out, I realized that the stock position of the strap is already in the middle position so that means my battery is much further back than Alpha's as a for instance. His is posted at #2141. Has anybody else wound up with their battery position this far aft? I've checked it on my new balancer like three times now using the 150mm back from wing root as shown on the instructions. What am I missing?

Comment

Hey Grover, good to know for sure. BTW I am back to the original question on battery placement and cg. After I cleared all the loose wiring out of the way and pulled the battery out, I realized that the stock position of the strap is already in the middle position so that means my battery is much further back than Alpha's as a for instance. His is posted at #2141. Has anybody else wound up with their battery position this far aft? I've checked it on my new balancer like three times now using the 150mm back from wing root as shown on the instructions. What am I missing?
                You have cockpit and canopy mods that he doesn't making yours inherently more nose heavy than his right out of the gate. You will have to move your Batt back further as a result won't you?

Comment

• I mean to the back

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

You have cockpit and canopy mods that he doesn't making yours inherently more nose heavy than his right out of the gate. You will have to move your Batt back further as a result won't you?
                    That's true Steve and thanks for the input, I also added the afterburner mod to the motor and the streamlining parts which would add a certain amount of tail weight. In any case, I'm wondering what you're battery position wound up being or did you go the 8s version? If anybody else went 6s, I'd be interested in knowing their sweet spot for battery position especially if you did the canopy mod and cockpit upgrades as Steve mentioned.:Confused:

Comment

• Agree with Steve, Brad...Love the clean look...Well done. And Manfred I still can't get over how exotic and sexy that paint scheme is!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Hey Grover, good to know for sure. BTW I am back to the original question on battery placement and cg. After I cleared all the loose wiring out of the way and pulled the battery out, I realized that the stock position of the strap is already in the middle position so that means my battery is much further back than Alpha's as a for instance. His is posted at #2141. Has anybody else wound up with their battery position this far aft? I've checked it on my new balancer like three times now using the 150mm back from wing root as shown on the instructions. What am I missing?
                        Not missing anything. Both of mine are at 150mm, marked there and fly beautifully.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

Not missing anything. Both of mine are at 150mm, marked there and fly beautifully.
                          Thanks adb2, how far aft did your battery wind up being at the 150mm balance point?

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
                            Added led afterburner was a tricky with a turbine in thier but worked it out .And wing tanks ..
                            This is SOOO Cool! I'm not at the jet level yet - need to continue improving my skill sets but I'm definitely getting there. I assume the LED is tied into your throttle so when you reach X% it lights up? More details please.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

This is SOOO Cool! I'm not at the jet level yet - need to continue improving my skill sets but I'm definitely getting there. I assume the LED is tied into your throttle so when you reach X% it lights up? More details please.:Cool:
                              Yeah, as to the led afterburner, it has a separate controller and battery(small) and you can set it to come on at whatever throttle setting you want like you said. It also actually flickers on and flickers off like the real deal.:Cool:

Comment

• Guess what I just ordered...
                                Planes
                                -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                  Guess what I just ordered...
                                  Good choice:Cool:. Welcome to the Raptor Squadron.

Comment

Thanks adb2, how far aft did your battery wind up being at the 150mm balance point?
                                    Brad, mine is the 6s version as well. Here's where the battery (Roaring Top 5000 @ 740 grams) needs to be for a CG of 150mm. The addition of a couple of ounces with the canopy and cockpit mods so far forward of the CG makes this necessary on our birds. I have the little 280 mAh battery for the centerburner velcroed in place as gar back as it'll go, and the exhaust ducts are lined with foil tape, which helps the nose heaviness a bit. Good thing, as I almost couldn't balance it without adding weight in the tail as the flight battery is as about far back as it'll go.
                                    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      Agree with Steve, Brad...Love the clean look...Well done. And Manfred I still can't get over how exotic and sexy that paint scheme is!
                                      Thanks guys, I realize we haven't sold any raptors to our NATO allies yet, but I couldn't resist. This scheme was actually used at last years Tiger Meet by the Luftwaffe team on a Eurofighter. There is a great video of them applying this scheme. It is actually done with a vinyl wrap and is amazing! Hope to maiden this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Brad, mine is the 6s version as well. Here's where the battery (Roaring Top 5000 @ 740 grams) needs to be for a CG of 150mm. The addition of a couple of ounces with the canopy and cockpit mods so far forward of the CG makes this necessary on our birds. I have the little 280 mAh battery for the centerburner velcroed in place as gar back as it'll go, and the exhaust ducts are lined with foil tape, which helps the nose heaviness a bit. Good thing, as I almost couldn't balance it without adding weight in the tail as the flight battery is as about far back as it'll go.
                                        Tom
                                        Hey Tom , that is exactly the response I was looking for and within an 1/8" of where my battery wound up. Thanks for stepping up and helping my friend.:Cool:Just needed to know I wasn't off my rocker.

Comment

You know I didn't measure where the battery was, I just moved it to the point where it balanced at 150mm and marked it. To me that was all that was needed. The batteries being 5000 mah to 5500 mah.

Comment

Working...
                                          X