Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX Stuff is Great if you like building and tricking out RC Models as many of us do. Especially the earlier Lightweights in EPS/EPP. They have some really cool Jets out there.
    FreeWing has Great Stuff also and it is possible to achieve the same or perhaps greater results with these heavier FreeWing EPOJets now that adequate PowerSystems are installed in them already. These extra power margins built into them allow considerable amounts of 'Scale Modification' with very little concern about associated Weight Penalties. That is a Big Plus for many.

Taking a 64mm FW F/A-18E to the extreme by adding FullHouse Flight Controls with advanced programming is certainly not for everyone. Everything is going on here besides Electric Retracts !! Now, these modifications affect the FlightDynamics in very significant ways. Part of the experience for many is making your Tiny little Jet imitate it's FSA Counterpart. Not just be some Toy-ish Shiny Look Alike, flying around all 3D and Happy !! For those who do not feel this way about ScaleAeromodeling, it cannot be explained. The New FW F/A-18C is gonna be 'WickedCool' to Trick Out !!! Exciting Stuff ! Cheers Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171216_162216_396.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.2 KB ID:	187449

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post

Excellent Find! Thank You. Hey Alpha any surprise the fan blew??!! Thanks again T.
      Anytime! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

I have no earthly idea why? LOL (Sorry couldn't help myself).

To piggyback on xviper's comments LX feasts on those with lesser knowledge in the hobby who are hooked by looks alone. That was definitely me years ago when I started in the hobby. Their models LOOK nice but the components and internal quality is just lacking and apparently not much has changed. I don't say this because I am an MRC employee I say this because it's a fact: Freewing is King when it comes to the marriage of great-looking models with quality components, flight characteristics and engineering. I am proud to be associated with them.
        LOL LOL. I had a feeling someone would say it.

Comment

• I think I may have found the reason why some pilots including myself are having issues with the MCB-E boards in their planes. I had the same problem with my new F-22. Hooked up a Spektrum DSMX AR8000 and once I connected everything through the MCB-E board problems started. When I would lower the gear I couldn’t steer the front wheel and the rudder servos started to jitter. Once the gear was raised the problem with the rudder servos would stop, but as soon as gear was lowered the same thing happened. I checked all connections and tested servos with a servo tester. Everything checked out. I then tried a new receiver, a Spektrum DSMX AR7000, and had the same exact issues. I thought it has to be the board. Tried a new board and the same issues resurfaced. Frustrated I took a step back. A couple of days later I decided to try a Lemon DSMX 7ch Receiver. Once bound and all settings dialed in I lowered the gear and to my surprise I was able to steer the nose wheel and the rudders had zero movement. There may be a incompatibility issue with Spektrum DSMX receivers and the MCB-E board. If your have this problem and are as frustrated as I was try changing the brand of your DSMX receiver. The gentlemen at motion may also want to test this out and see if they come up with the same results. This may avoid customer frustration and unessesary part swaps. If this works for your F-22 let me know by posting. Also if you have any pilots you know that are having these issues pass this info along to them and see if it helps them.
          Thanks,
          Ed

Comment

• Welcome! And thanks for the info! :Cool: Jerry

Comment

• We Spec Guyz may all be Doomed !! Click image for larger version

Name:	F22TP_(8514231615).jpg
Views:	965
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	187611

Comment

• :Thinking::Confused:Mine work fine, so IDK... I am using 9030T receivers and CC 20 amp BEC in all the new MFCB birds...

Comment

• Both of mine have worked fine using the new Spektrum AR620.

Comment

• Im using a cc 20amp and AR 7350. I had to put the nose wheel and rudders on a Y harness to get the nose wheel to turn when the gear is down. No rudder problems in any scenario.

Comment

• For those of you ising the CC 20amp BEC- what voltage do you have it set at? Ive heard 5.5 5.6 5.7 is good. I also heard some peopke had problems with blue box at 6v

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                        We Spec Guyz may all be Doomed !! Click image for larger version  Name:	F22TP_(8514231615).jpg Views:	83 Size:	70.9 KB ID:	187611
                        BTW that shot of the F-22 shows clearly the faring that covers the control rod at the root of the inboard side of the vertical stabilizer that controls the rudder. I referenced this faring some time ago hoping someone would replicate it to cover up the servo, servo arm, and control rod. Not a big deal but a faring made of styrene for this would be cool.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

BTW that shot of the F-22 shows clearly the faring that covers the control rod at the root of the inboard side of the vertical stabilizer that controls the rudder. I referenced this faring some time ago hoping someone would replicate it to cover up the servo, servo arm, and control rod. Not a big deal but a faring made of styrene for this would be cool.:Cool:
                          Those Fairings along with all of the other Humps and Bumps all around will be very easy to make that's FerSher !! ... Now, on the other hand, copying this PaintJob is gonna require a lot more effort. But, I'm not 'Afraid' to jump right in there and attempt to do just that !! Hahahahaha

Comment

Those Fairings along with all of the other Humps and Bumps all around will be very easy to make that's FerSher !! ... Now, on the other hand, copying this PaintJob is gonna require a lot more effort. But, I'm not 'Afraid' to jump right in there and attempt to do just that !! Hahahahaha
                            Cool Bobaroo!! Are you saying your going to give the fairings a try? Just wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Cool Bobaroo!! Are you saying your going to give the fairings a try? Just wondering.
                              I'm probably not gonna mess with them. I'm not overly motivated on this F-22 for some reason. The F-4s have me busy and once this F/A-18 gets here, the Raptor will probably slip back even deeper in the Queue. Once I get the Color on the Jet right, I'm sure I'll move forward with the other stuff I really want to do on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flightsss View Post
                                For those of you ising the CC 20amp BEC- what voltage do you have it set at? Ive heard 5.5 5.6 5.7 is good. I also heard some peopke had problems with blue box at 6v
                                I run them all stock voltage. I think it is 5v or 5.1V dc....

Comment

I'm probably not gonna mess with them. I'm not overly motivated on this F-22 for some reason. The F-4s have me busy and once this F/A-18 gets here, the Raptor will probably slip back even deeper in the Queue. Once I get the Color on the Jet right, I'm sure I'll move forward with the other stuff I really want to do on it.
                                  Hey with there being like 6 different colors on this plane, another shade of grey will just add to the realism right?LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

Thanks. The SoloShot is kind of a crap shoot as far as video quality goes..Some days it does well, others I refer to it as my ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) camera man. Seems to depend on available GPS satellites (I guess) That particular video was the best of 3 shot with it that day.On a heavy overcast day it's pretty much a waste of time to even try. Even if the tracking is decent, the auto focus (that can't be disabled) results in considerably less than crisp images.
                                    Which soloshot 3 do you have, 25 or 65?

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post

Which soloshot 3 do you have, 25 or 65?
                                      Actually I have both. I bought the 65 originally and added a 25 when they were running the sale on them. I basically use the base from the 25 since the battery is better with the camera from the 65 since it seems to get a little better video quality.
                                      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• OK men, here are a few preliminary shots, Fantasy Luftwaffe F-22 in Ghost tiger scheme. Callie provided tail markings and insignia, all other work is hand painted and airbrushed. Will try to take some better Field pics soon. Hope to maiden when weather improves

Comment

• One more...

Comment

Working...
                                          X