X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
    How does the 90mm F-22 compare to the 90mm F-15 in terms of flight characteristics? I do not own a 90mm F-15, but have flown my buddy's F-15 plenty of times. I really like the scale aspect of the F-15 and the attention to detail. The F-15 however does land pretty hot and seem to have a poor glide slope without power. It is also a bit of a handful in landing 10mph cross wind conditions.

The reason I ask is, I'd like to purchase my own 90mm F-15 but the standard version is currently out of stock. I also really want the 90mm F-22, but at the moment only have budget for one more 90mm jet.
    Hi Flanker271, I led the development team for both of these aircraft, and as much as I love the F-15 since I spent lots of time with them in the 80s and 90s, I can safely say that our 90mm F-22 is superior to our F-15 in the ways you've asked about. The F-15 has those beautiful (and wildly expensive) exhaust nozzle details and it's still the biggest foam electric Eagle on the market, but in terms of flight envelope, low speed stability, stall speed, acrobatic maneuver potential, battery bay size and ease of access, the F-22 wins out. In some of these categories the advantages are incremental, while in others they are quite noticeable. Ultimately, whichever you choose, I think you'll be satisfied.

Consider though that your buddy already has an F-15, so you two can fly heritage flights together if you acquired the F-22. They are close enough in relative scale for formation flights, too (~1:13.6 and ~1:12.8, respectively).

Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post

Alpha,

Could you test fit it without the rear seat folded down? Looks like at an angle it'll fit. Thanks! My dilemma is my Acura RL only has a trunk pass-thru, the seats don't fold down.
    Yes, it will fit without the rear seat folded down. It will be snug, but in an Acura RL I can't imagine it won't fit in one piece without the nose cose, as shown in my pics. I regularly transport planes in Didi (Chinese version of Uber).
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      Customizable, continued: Optional 3DPUP files, available for free download, have been optimized for FDM-style desktop 3D printers.

Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2764.JPG Views:	1 Size:	84.9 KB ID:	160005Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2642.JPG Views:	1 Size:	162.2 KB ID:	160007

Versatile: 6s PNP and 8s PNP, with plenty of room for batteries, MFCB, gyro. That's an Admiral 6s 5000 in this picture of my customized F-22...

Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2771.JPG Views:	1 Size:	179.3 KB ID:	160006

Professional: This photo shows the factory paintwork on the F-22, as you can expect to receive out of the box. Four layers, multiple sheens. Our sharpest panel lines yet, with our most subtle decal work. Plastic capped intakes, trailing edges, and plastic nose cone with raised detail. Pictures don't do it justice! It's the perfect model to leave as is, or to take a step further with the aforementioned customization.

Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC2372.JPG Views:	1 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	160004

Stable and Agile: Stay tuned for the videos showing trainer-like handling all the way up to expert-level ballistic flight maneuvers. There are some things only the F-22 can do that its 90mm brethren can only dream of.
      It looks very clean but i know it is hard to completely hide the mains.

Comment

Someone from MRC please comment, is the MRC site down? I've tried 3 different computers and my phone and cannot get access to the site. Thanks!
        Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          Someone from MRC please comment, is the MRC site down? I've tried 3 different computers and my phone and cannot get access to the site. Thanks!
          *EDIT* It's working for me, Pat. Logged in from China.

Comment

Working fine for me at the moment. We are getting an abnormally large amount of traffic as you could imagine, just keep checking

Comment

Weird, been trying for 2 hours. I will keep checking.
              Pat

Comment

Probably because the Raptor is breaking the website right now.... yikes (!) and thanks (!)

Comment

That's the problem. I want to pre-order mine, but I can't log in! Hopefully soon.
                  Pat

Comment

Alpha. I have ordered the Rapter. You and I date way way back to when you were getting started with Motion

Comment

might be your net connection Pat as even with my slow connection it seems to be working

Comment

Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
                        Alpha. I have ordered the Rapter. You and I date way way back to when you were getting started with Motion
                        Welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Will there be another podcast with this realease ?

Comment

Originally posted by the snake View Post

It looks very clean but i know it is hard to completely hide the mains.
                            A spring loaded door similar to the durafly Trojans can probably be 3D designed/printed for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

A spring loaded door similar to the durafly Trojans can probably be 3D designed/printed for this.
                              Over the years I've learned to walk the fine line between aesthetics and practicality. The spring loaded nose gear door on my Avanti S got ripped off from less than perfect grass landings, twice. Now I just leave it off and after 80+ flights has given me zero issues. :)

Comment

Something is up with my wifi connection. Even after resetting my router it still doesn't work. I turned wifi off on my phone and was able to log in and order that way.
                                Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                  Will there be another podcast with this realease ?
                                  Yes, our friends at RC Afterhours are currently with our other friends at FliteFest having a ball, so if we don't do a podcast this Sunday, it will most likely be the Sunday following that. We'll announce here once the schedule is confirmed.

Comment

Alpha, You have 'earned' my business and I am one of many beneficiaries of your companies dedication, innovation, and amazing CS support. Congratulations and I wish you the best with this campaign. LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                      wife asked me if I wanted this f22 for Christmas...I said no...now if it had been a f100 id jumped all over it lol
                                      I was just thinking of the F-100 today as it was one of the other most guessed jets. But in my educated opinion the F-100 would had sold less than the F-22 simply because the F-100 would had been a bit of hand full to fly just like the real one was and it would had shyed away perspective new EDF pilots even though they may have liked it. The F-22 on the other had flies so well that even Alpha refers to it as the ideal 90mm EDF trainer. This alone gives me an many other newbie pilots the confidence to take the chance and not a risk with a $479 model.

Comment

Something is up with my wifi connection. Even after resetting my router it still doesn't work. I turned wifi off on my phone and was able to log in and order that way.
                                        Glad you got your order in Pat.....I was starting to get anxious for you. :)

Comment

• Determination wins...congrats Pat!

Comment

Working...
                                          X