X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	160304Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	157.5 KB ID:	160305Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	82.9 KB ID:	160306Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	156.5 KB ID:	160307Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	148.2 KB ID:	160308Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	160309
    Photos taken this morning. Still going through a bunch. Enjoy!
    Thanks for posting the photos Tony, they look great!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      Prusa i3 MK3, using the settings recommended for fill. Ran out of the original silver Prusa PLA, using black right now, so it won't show a lot of detail, but black should be a good base to paint from. I will take pics tomorrow after the print is done.
      Pat, you're using PLA for the cockpit parts? Are you not concerned they will have a problem in the sun? I am making mine from ABS.

Comment

• Looks like Pre-Order batch 1 of the ARF+ has sold out as well. They are on to Pre-Order batch 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
          I'm a little worried about the shipping being so close to the holidays. Usually I wouldn't be, but with any model airplane being fragile and being shipped around a very busy time of the year, I'm concerned about the condition it may arrive in. I also get that worry when ordering planes around Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
          Don't worry. Depending on where we are shipping this big F-22, chances are we'll send this via UPS. The UPS package security team has implemented explicit details about how to handle planes shipping from Motion RC. The instructions go into detail about the cart system, belts, etc. I've found when the security team implements specific instructions at UPS, the instructions are followed to a "T". We also pack these planes extremely well. Because of these factors, package damage is extremely rare. In fact, the package damage rate for packages shipping from Motion RC is far below the average for all UPS customers. In other words, I rarely see a damaged package. I don't notice any correlation between holidays and package damage so please don't worry. Over the years I can recall two instances where we saw high package damage rates for a week or so and in both instances the security team figured out what changed in the UPS system and quickly implemented a specific program to put a stop to the specific cause of package damage to Motion RC shipments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Don't worry. Depending on where we are shipping this big F-22, chances are we'll send this via UPS. The UPS package security team has implemented explicit details about how to handle planes shipping from Motion RC. The instructions go into detail about the cart system, belts, etc. I've found when the security team implements specific instructions at UPS, the instructions are followed to a "T". We also pack these planes extremely well. Because of these factors, package damage is extremely rare. In fact, the package damage rate for packages shipping from Motion RC is far below the average for all UPS customers. In other words, I rarely see a damaged package. I don't notice any correlation between holidays and package damage so please don't worry. Over the years I can recall two instances where we saw high package damage rates for a week or so and in both instances the security team figured out what changed in the UPS system and quickly implemented a specific program to put a stop to the specific cause of package damage to Motion RC shipments.
            That is fantastic news. Thanks Tom. :Cool:

Comment

• Was one of those planes a F-15 90mm this past Summer? It actually worked out great for me, and bad for UPS.

Comment

• Really looking forward to getting this one. Timing couldn't have worked out better. My wife has been wanting an out of production Hangar 9 1/4 scale Tiger Moth for years. Three days ago I found one NIB and got it for her. Being quite pleased, she asked what plane I wanted next.... Que the release of this great looking F-22. Mine was ordered soon after pre-order went live!:):):Cool:. She's a keeper!

Thanks to Alpha and the whole MRC Team for another outstanding offering! One unsung hero that rarely gets a shout out is "Warehouse Manager" that gets our toys from their house to ours. Kudos buddy!

Comment

• quid pro quo...nice.

Comment

Prusa i3 MK3, using the settings recommended for fill. Ran out of the original silver Prusa PLA, using black right now, so it won't show a lot of detail, but black should be a good base to paint from. I will take pics tomorrow after the print is done.
                    I use the same printer. Are you worried about heat warping the plastic? I used PLA for the guns on the B24 and they look like bananas now. For the cockpit and internal parts of the turrets , I used PETG and no warping at all

Comment

• Yes, I need to get some ABS and/or PETG. Hoping that since these parts won't stay black, and that I try very hard to keep the plane out of the sun, I won't have any issues.
                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                        quid pro quo...nice.
                        Yeah, I'm on the hook for 5 bills in quilting equipment now.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruiser View Post

Yeah, I'm on the hook for 5 bills in quilting equipment now.
                          LOL no wait... :Crying2:

Comment

• ABS on order, will be here Friday. I may reprint these files in ABS this weekend just to see if there's any different in print quality, plus I can try my hand at the acetone vapor bath technique to smooth out the parts.
                            Pat

Comment

• ABS sands really easy too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181107_132622.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	160539

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181107_132649.jpg
Views:	1064
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	160540

Comment

• Well crap. This one is out of my price range.

Comment

ABS on order, will be here Friday. I may reprint these files in ABS this weekend just to see if there's any different in print quality, plus I can try my hand at the acetone vapor bath technique to smooth out the parts.
                                  CRXManPat, What were your detail settings for this print? Supports? Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    Well crap. This one is out of my price range.
                                    The good thing about this 90mm is that there is less of a risk of crashing a model at this price because it flies so well. So it would totally be worth saving up for it if you really gotta have an F-22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

CRXManPat, What were your detail settings for this print? Supports? Best, LB
                                      20% fill, full supports. Printing finished, but I need to reprint some parts in a different orientation, namely the seat parts and forward deck. Everything else came out pretty well.
                                      Pat

Comment

• We received one today as a review project to appear in Model Aviation Magazine ... we snuck a quick look at it and shot a few out of the box close-up photos that show the paint scheme and various features:

Comment

• I might just wait for a printable version.

Comment

Working...
                                          X