X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

So, this can only be used on A3-L gyros?
    It has come with the A3-L's for awhile now but I believe it can be plugged into any empty port on the receiver or even 'Y' off a used one?

Comment

• I am going to shorten my suspension springs 8mm as George suggested. I wanted to clarify before I did it as it looks like I have to pull the nose gear completely out of the plane to get to the spring. Correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chilly Bear View Post
        I am going to shorten my suspension springs 8mm as George suggested. I wanted to clarify before I did it as it looks like I have to pull the nose gear completely out of the plane to get to the spring. Correct?
        No, there's two tiny (don't lose them) screws on the strut that will let the wheel and plunger come off the the springs will fall out. On the mains it's the phillips head pins in the strut slot.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Delta, the too tall stance of the model has bugged me since I saw the first photos. How do you plan to shorten the struts?
          Tom
          Pogo, I will have to figure that out for sure once I have the model in hand. I am hoping that I’ll just be able to cut down the top end of the strut, and just drill and re-tap for the set screw.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

No, there's two tiny (don't lose them) screws on the strut that will let the wheel and plunger come off the the springs will fall out. On the mains it's the phillips head pins in the strut slot.
            Thanks! I'll look again.

Got it! Thanks. It came out with authority. Ha.
            Last edited by Chilly Bear; Jan 4, 2019, 04:27 PM. Reason: add to

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
              Pogo, I will have to figure that out for sure once I have the model in hand. I am hoping that I’ll just be able to cut down the top end of the strut, and just drill and re-tap for the set screw.
              Yeah, I looked at that but I don't think there's enough material, unfortunately. Maybe take 20 mm out of the springs?:P
              Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                Sorry, I wasn't calling you a noob by your post count, just that you had not mentioned a BEC failure in any of your posts (since it was only two it was easy to check). Was the BEC failure in a F-22 and what were the circumstances? Happen in flight or before/ after. Number of flights, any mods such as lights?

I agree that their response to you is poor. I have to tell you that we have had two FW EDF crashes recently. A L-39 a week ago due to the rudder servo locking full one direction in flight. Motion is sending him a new kit+ when it gets back in stock. And a person crashed two F-22's. It appears both were a Gyro (A3 Pro?) issue and Motion is doing an investigation for possible replacement. While I personally haven't had a replacement due to a crash (mine seem to be pilot error :) ) they have replaced dead or odd servos and blemished parts. I would say for me their customer service has been exceptional.

thanks bud

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

Flightsss,

I am sorry you felt that my response was a joke. I purchased this ESC 3 years ago to power an 8S system in my Freewing F-15. That is how long (or longer) this ESC has been around, in it's current configuration. It has also undergone formidable testing in China in the 8S models. After this amount of time, if the BEC or the ESC was not up to the task presented to it, it would have been discontinued or altered to suit the needs of the models, as crash cases would be piled high. Manufacturers are not in business to provide products in their models that will fail.

With that said, these resources; forums, Facebook, all social media platforms, as well as reviews on the products themselves, are there to help you make a decision on what is best for you and your model. If you see instances where people think or believe that a part or parts on a model are faulty, then I would either vote with my dollars and not purchase the product, or go into it with the understanding that part X may or may not be up to the task, people do not trust it, so I am going to replace it in my model. The RC community is here to help, and we will, in any way that we can.

My response to you stems from a great deal of RC experience, as well as direct first hand knowledge of the product. The data is solid, and the conclusions are based in fact. You would have to have something very wrong in order for the UBEC to be unable to keep up with the load on it from a model that is very streamlined as far as electronics go. I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

JMM
                  I hear what your saying but your response mostly stems from a great deal of condescension. Not one solution was suggested. Your not a great communicator from a customer service standpoint. If i communicated to my clients in the manor you do, i would be out of business.

But your right, CHINA is known for quality. ????????

Its all good though, i gave you guys more business and picked up the CC20 and a few other items because I still like Motion, just not the attitude twards a paying customer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek.motionrc View Post
                    Hey guys ! Here is what I started installing into all my planes and helicopters about 2 years ago and I have not had any issues with brown outs or other small electrical glitches. Originally they only come with a hobby eagle gyro but like I said I have them in everything now and cheep insurance. https://www.motionrc.com/products/ho...plug-capacitor
                    Thanks Derek, but for the electronically challenged individuals (me) what does this thing do?

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      Brad,

Look him up on Facebook. He is the one in Salt Lake City. He's not on the forums.
                      I don't do facebook unfortunately. Anybody have contact info for him. Any pics or video of how the slime lights look?

Comment

• Originally posted by cruiser View Post

Thanks Derek, but for the electronically challenged individuals (me) what does this thing do?
                        It is a capacitor. It keeps a storage of power to keep your receiver and servos powered up for a short time in the event of a power loss. Preventing a receiver brown out.
                        Last edited by WAY BAD; Jan 4, 2019, 06:24 PM. Reason: To add quote

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

I don't do facebook unfortunately. Anybody have contact info for him. Any pics or video of how the slime lights look?
                          Here's his Youtube Channel with video and pics of his F-22

Comment

• Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post

It is a capacitor. It keeps a storage of power to keep your receiver and servos powered up for a short time in the event of a power loss. Preventing a receiver brown out.
                            That makes perfect sense. Thank you!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

Here's his Youtube Channel with video and pics of his F-22
                              That's great but no contact info.At the end of the video it says available at MRC but I don't see it.

Comment

• I bought the Admiral reciver with the built in gyro. Im hoping to use it with my DX6i in the F-22. Anyone using this reciever? I hear good things but im still a bit hesitant. Anyone have any field experience with this?

Comment

• I have flown them a bunch and my preference is to use an Admiral 10 channel with satellite and a separate gyro. Usually the Hobby Eagle A3-L. At least it has the capacitor to help reduce chances of brown outs. It is the combination I had in my Raptor until I went with roll TV as well. Had to remove the gyro for a lack of functionality with the tailerons. May install a Super 2 or 3 instead. Flying DX9.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    Near as I can tell based on an internet search, here's where the extra decals go on the bottom. I have no idea where the extra two large decals would go.
                                    The belly in the photograph shows the largest of the markings to be rectangles not parallelograms. I've not tried it but I think the rectangles would be too big there. I may just leave mine off.

Comment

• Yeah, not really sure where the parallelograms were specifically meant to go, and agreed the bigger rectangles are much too large. On my second one I'm going to place the decals as Alpha outlined, and will cut down the rectangles to a more scale size.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Here's a really good shot of the underside of the jet. Note the following:

The larger dark grey bars just aft of the belly bay doors are rectangular, but the decals will need to be cut down to the proper size.
                                        The four small dark grey squares just aft of those are different sizes. Two of them can be cut down to match. Notice the offset.
                                        There appear to be warning triangles just aft and in of the larger rectangles. Can't make out the wording.
                                        If you 3D print the generator and install, it is offset to the left side, not on the centerline.
                                        The larger dark and light grey squares go just forward of the belly bay doors. Dark on the right intake, light on the left intake (reversed if you're looking at the belly).
                                        There is a small dark grey square on the bottom of the left wing. Use the parallelogram decals to cut this out.
                                        There are small dark grey squares under the pitot tubes. Use the remainder of the paralellogram decals to cut these out.
                                        Note that the Stars & Bars on the bottom wing and fuse sides are DARKER than the ones applied to the kit.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

Thanks for your response. The lengths and shafts size are different, the size of the main body is different and the connectiong holes don't match. I guess they have changed some how. sure would be nice to have a direct fit. At our field there are gopher holes in the grass off the runway which plays havoc with the nose gear. I don't always get stopped on the runway.
                                          I think you have an Avanti 80mm main strut.

Comment

Working...
                                          X